You are not logged in.

#76 01/15/13 15:01

ltemplar

Re: All time favorite games ..

Geez...
Ok.
Your topic - your rules.

I only answered your question about:
"I have to say you seem to focus too much on oni's weapons, where i feel to many of us melee is what makes oni so unique. Like the only weapons i've ever used in oni were mercury bow and vdg when i absolutely had to." (post 64#)

#77 01/15/13 17:01

Samer
Website

It wasn't a question ^_^ anyway thanks ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#78 01/15/13 19:01

Jon God

Certified wrote:

Eh, only JRPG series that matters to me anymore is Valkyria Chronicles at this point since the rest of the genre has... Stagnated... To say the least. Now if only SEGA would get off their arses, stop wanking around, and realize the only way the series is going to be what it used to be (Well, for a single game) is if they bring it back to HD consoles and not puny little PSP/Vita. And stop mimicking Bioware romance plots. Anyone who agrees, then please visit here: https://www.facebook.com/GLFront

Ni No Kuni looks darngood.

Let you know when I get it, what I think.

-JG

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#79 01/15/13 22:01

Valkyrur

Jon God wrote:
Certified wrote:

Eh, only JRPG series that matters to me anymore is Valkyria Chronicles at this point since the rest of the genre has... Stagnated... To say the least. Now if only SEGA would get off their arses, stop wanking around, and realize the only way the series is going to be what it used to be (Well, for a single game) is if they bring it back to HD consoles and not puny little PSP/Vita. And stop mimicking Bioware romance plots. Anyone who agrees, then please visit here: https://www.facebook.com/GLFront

-JG

Ho ho ho.

Come back to me when Valkyria Chronicles is on consoles again. And released outside of Japan.

I mean: I could get VC3 imported, I have a Japanese region'd PSP (Which I haven't touched in years), but I don't know Japanese! And at that, my PSP's analog stick had it's top broke off at some point somehow and now to use it you have to touch a stub that the top of it was attached to.

EDIT:

Gah, I hope noone misses this edit, but Halo: Combat Evolved has been deleted from the Number 1 spot on my list.

JFK Reloaded is my new Number One.

206oehd.jpg

Last edited by Valkyrur (01/16/13 00:01)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#80 01/16/13 01:01

Jon God

Certified wrote:
Jon God wrote:
Certified wrote:

-JG

Ho ho ho.

Come back to me when Valkyria Chronicles is on consoles again. And released outside of Japan.

I mean: I could get VC3 imported, I have a Japanese region'd PSP (Which I haven't touched in years), but I don't know Japanese! And at that, my PSP's analog stick had it's top broke off at some point somehow and now to use it you have to touch a stub that the top of it was attached to.

What's wrong with Ni No Kuni?

Also, VC1 is still the best. Shame on SEGA. I own a PSP, but would rather have had the sequels on PS3.

-JG

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#81 01/16/13 02:01

Samer
Website

Ok seriously .. Maybe i'm a dumb ass. I hope a moderator corrects me if i am, i think the quote function is to be used when a post is on a previous page or another thread as a reminder, or when someone wants to reply to a specific part of someone's post not all of it, like Iritscen did to mine replying to certain parts of it ..
Guide me through the logic of requoting an entire post which also quotes another post ! (quote inside quote inside quote) to reply to it when it's right there before the reply.  We go down on people who multiple-post instead of editing cz it needlessly elongates threads .. This does the same.

Last edited by Samer (01/16/13 07:01)

#82 01/17/13 12:01

kyletm57

1.) Metal Gear Solid (this franchise is incredibly good, there isn't one game so far I've disliked)
2.) Oni (the first game I bought for PS2, have a ton of memories with this game)
3.) Guilty Gear XX (or any other one really, they are just superb fighting games; I like Blazblue too, but I prefer GG overall)
4.) Quake II (my first computer game, I loved the soundtrack and the game was just really badass)
5.) Silent Hill 2 & 3 (my favorite horror games to date)
6.) Croc/Rayman/Tomb Raider/Rogue Trip (most of my childhood in a nutshell)
7.) Killzone (the whole series, these games were really well done)
8.) Persona 3 (the best JRPG I've ever played, had great style, music, and an interesting plot)
9.) Dead or Alive (the fighting games, not that volleyball bullshit; best 3D fighters in my opinion, might be interchangeable with Soul Calibur)
10.) Skullgirls (This one is pretty interchangeable with a few other games, but the art style and level of detail were both astonishing)

Some games that didn't make the cut are Warcraft 3 (my favorite RTS), Halo franchise (just started getting into it again, played quite a bit of CE though) and the Baulders Gate series. If Fallout wasn't so damn buggy I would include that too tongue

banner2440.jpg

#83 01/18/13 02:01

Samer
Website

Is Dead or Alive available for PC ? Which one do you recommend from the series ?  Ironically Hayate the character I made for Oni resembles their Hayate, but I've never played it, googled pictures of ''Hayate'' and he came up. So I'm feeling inclined to try it since I feel I know the character tongue

#84 01/19/13 16:01

kyletm57

Well the only official game for PC was Dead or Alive Online, but the servers have been shut down since 2011. I would highly recommend the newest entry (5), but you'll need either an Xbox or PS3 for it. If not, Dead or Alive 2 is a solid game if you own a PS2 or Dreamcast (emulators too, if your PC can run them). Unfortunately, 3 is an Xbox exclusive and 4 is only for the 360, so unless you have an Xbox you're out of luck on those.

banner2440.jpg

#85 01/19/13 16:01

Valkyrur

I've noticed there is very little love for Mass Effect in this thread. Why?

Also, Dead or Alive isn't even that great IMO. Anyway, since Samer wants PC games, I'd recommend Halo 1 with the Open Sauce mod installed.

The multiplayer component with mod support can be downloaded for free (Non-warez) here: (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=410), but getting a CD key is your problem. I'd share mine, but servers ban per-CD key, and I'm banned from several servers for various reasons, plus it's borderline warez IIRC.

Also, it still gets patches from time to time. Yay Gearbox for long term support.

Last edited by Valkyrur (01/19/13 16:01)

#86 01/19/13 16:01

Samer
Website

I tried Mass Effect recently as it has been recommended on the forum .. chose the Adept character .. but once the story started and I found out in the first mission I have to keep shooting those flying bots in that dreary sand landscape .. I got bored and haven't continued it.

#87 01/19/13 17:01

Valkyrur

Samer wrote:

I tried Mass Effect recently as it has been recommended on the forum .. chose the Adept character .. but once the story started and I found out in the first mission I have to keep shooting those flying bots in that dreary sand landscape .. I got bored and haven't continued it.

People said the same thing about Deus Ex. Also, that's what a place usually looks like when it get's glassed.

Also, Halo 1 still does have a relatively alive mod community as a plus.

#88 01/19/13 17:01

Samer
Website

Haven't played halo or deus so i can't compare tongue
it's just that as an ''Adept'' I thought I will have access to the biotec powers early instead of just shooting stuff otherwise i would have chosen a soldier or whatever.
I'm not a fan of the space theme so the settings and look of characters didn't grab my attention.

Too bad about dead or alive .. I only have a pc .. And my internet won't be able to handle multiplayer even if i got it. Tried emulators on pc before, the quality wasn't good ..

I hate when they don't port games to PC sad

p.s : don't requote me please tongue

Last edited by Samer (01/19/13 17:01)

#89 01/23/13 20:01

Valkyrur

Alrighty guys, Dust514 is in Open Beta, and it's gone a long way from the Pre-Alpha state it was in a few months ago.

Anyone with a PS3 should try it out, it's free.

#90 01/29/13 22:01

kyletm57

I downloaded it a few days ago and played a few matches just to try it out. Though I noticed some pretty muddy textures and some nasty pop in, it's free to play so I don't have much room to complain. I'm sure much will be improved over the course of the Beta, and over all it's a pretty solid game. The store confused me a bit though, it took me some time to get a grasp on how the whole experience system worked.

banner2440.jpg

#91 02/04/13 17:02

Samer
Website

Some of you have recommended psychonauts ..I just finished it (with 100 rank) Gotta say it was one of the most unique and fun games I've played... Though at times I wished there was an easier way to switch between all powers using keyboard and mouse.. And collecting all figments was a bit frustrating. But this has become one of my all time favorite games for sure..

Last edited by Samer (02/04/13 17:02)

#92 02/04/13 20:02

Valkyrur

I just noticed you picked up Valkyria Chronicles, Kyle, good buy, good buy.

See you in two weeks, Kyle!

Now if you don't mind me, I'm busy waiting for the unofficial English patch for the third game, or for Sega to come to their senses and give it a localization+Port to PS3.

#93 02/04/13 22:02

Iritscen

Glad you liked Psychonauts, Samer.  Tim Schafer's games are always clever and fun, and Psychonauts definitely deserved to do better than it did sales-wise.  But I have a feeling it's done better in the long-term than most games, since word of mouth continues to attract new players to it years after its release.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#94 02/05/13 13:02

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

Some open world and half-open games like Far Cry 2 or Deus Ex are very boring in the beginning and the fun part of those games starts after hour, two, maybe three or several missions.
In Deus Ex the first several missions were quite hard and they couldn't really get me into playing DX a lot, but once I got past them, the plot sucked me in like a black hole or something.
Far Cry 2 was more or less similar - shit beginning, people die after 15 rounds from G3 (that's right, Ubisoft thinks that people in Africa are made from kevlar and can take 15 rounds of 7.62 NATO ammo), but after few missions collecting new, sweet guns (M1903? In 21st century? Yay!) became fun, and that, coupled with more-or-less fine gameplay was a reason big enough to forgive graphical glitches, alt tab crashes and incredible stupidity of this game.

I don't remember if ME was one of those games, but I know one thing - ME is about plot and player's conversation choices, not gameplay. So maybe try a soldier class, get past them nasty bots, get to the Citadel and meet Garrus and Wrex (ME1 had one of the best fucking squad members ever made in video game history). Maybe you will like it after this point.

Last edited by Delano762 (02/05/13 14:02)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#95 02/07/13 22:02

Samer
Website

I'm not sure about ME1 ..
currently I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil .. enjoying it so far smile so thanks ofr the recommendation.
I've also recently finished lara croft guardian of light

next on my list :
Batman Arkham City
the 'new' DMC
Psi Ops (it seems similar to Second Sight, one of my favorite games .. psychic abilities and weapons)

after those I'm gonna get into the Elder Scrolls series .. saw a youtube demo and it looks amazing, and huge ! so I'm gonna finish other games before I attempt this one as it seems it would take a long time to finish tongue, and I've decided to go directly for Skyrim (hopefully my PC can handle it).. and then backtrack to Oblivion and the older titles.

Last edited by Samer (02/07/13 22:02)

#96 02/07/13 22:02

Valkyrur

Samer wrote:

go directly for Skyrim (hopefully my PC can handle it).. and then backtrack to Oblivion and the older titles.

That's actually a wise choice.

You'll get to go through the series with the games getting progressively better and more advanced instead of regressively dumbed-down and simplified to nothingness.

Well of course until you get to the original, in which case you've stepped off the cliff of good mechanics into the deep hells of "Too complex for even the most oldschool of gamers to be remotely interested"

IMO for best experience there is Morrowind, just play it and stick with it.

Oh and of course: DMC: Avoid it. At all costs. Save yourself. And for Psi Ops?: IMO it was kinda generic when I played it.

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/07/13 22:02)

#97 02/12/13 22:02

kyletm57

Certified wrote:

I just noticed you picked up Valkyria Chronicles, Kyle, good buy, good buy.

See you in two weeks, Kyle!

Now if you don't mind me, I'm busy waiting for the unofficial English patch for the third game, or for Sega to come to their senses and give it a localization+Port to PS3.

Yah, I've been a fan of the series since I played Valkyria Chronicles 2 (bought the first game after). Also really eager to get my hands on the third, apparently the unofficial patch is nearly complete.

banner2440.jpg

#98 02/12/13 23:02

Valkyrur

I'm glad I played Morrowind, thanks to enduring hours of it with it having no voice acting, I'm more than prepared to not hear any English voices in VC3.

Besides, VC2 was pretty lacking on voice acting anyway.

Not sure on the status of the unofficial patch though, I don't know how up to date their progress chart is, and I usually take "When it's done" as a sign something isn't coming soon.

#99 02/16/13 20:02

Samer
Website

Certified wrote:

Oh and of course: DMC: Avoid it. At all costs. Save yourself. And for Psi Ops?: IMO it was kinda generic when I played it.

can you elaborate on the DMC part ? What's wrong with it .. Are you a fan of previous DMCs ? I know they changed much about it from the previous ones but all the reviews I read have been very positive.

About PSI ops i'm at level 4 currently, so far I like it .. I'm a sucker for psychic powers (main reason i love second sight and loved psychonauts) and they're well done mechanically and graphically, the story is interesting so far as in I want to know what happens next, though some things felt kinda obvious (like i immediately know that agent is the evil twin sister hmm) whereas second sight stroy caught me off guard (interestingly both came at same time and rely on psychic powers)
it also has extra challenges and collectibles which is always a plus for me.

#100 02/17/13 15:02

kyletm57

Samer wrote:

can you elaborate on the DMC part ? What's wrong with it .. Are you a fan of previous DMCs ? I know they changed much about it from the previous ones but all the reviews I read have been very positive.

As a fan of the Devil May Cry series I was pretty skeptical of the new title, but It's much better than I expected it to be. The visuals are good, the soundtrack is badass, and the gameplay is fluid and enjoyable. I did, however, find the story to be lackluster, I can't stand the new Dante (both his character and his godawful new appearance), and there isn't a lock on feature (which is annoying as hell). Most importantly, it's a fairly short game, so if you want to pick it up I would at least wait for a price drop. Overall I thought it was a good game, but it doesn't even come close to the original series (especially Devil May Cry 3). Make sure to try the demo if you haven't already, it will at least give you a good grasp on what the game will be like.

banner2440.jpg

Board footer