Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/24/12 08:12

chutzpan

Re: HQ Airport Textures

Ok, see...this is where it goes wrong and I'm not sure why. In the past, I HAVE been able to do this and everything went smooth (before I had to reinstall the whole game) with textures and such. Now, everything is lagging like crazy on the Airport and the Hangar level. Not that it's actually related to this specific mod (which is absolutely amazing btw!), but I wanted to bring this up here anyway.
Any ideas? hmm

#27 12/24/12 10:12

Iritscen

I assume by "lagging" you mean the frame rate is low?  Do you have the Intel build's anti-aliasing turned on?  That can cut the frame rate quite a bit.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 12/24/12 12:12

chutzpan

Iritscen wrote:

I assume by "lagging" you mean the frame rate is low?  Do you have the Intel build's anti-aliasing turned on?  That can cut the frame rate quite a bit.

Yes, that's what I mean. Funny thing, I unistalled the HQ textures of the training level and things work relatively ok with Aiport HQ on. When enabling training HQ, it goes back to super slow frame rate again on the Airport, regardless of HQ or not.
What's strange is I HAVE used them both with no problem.

Where can I find the anti aliasing thingy?

#29 12/24/12 15:12

Iritscen

If you don't know, you must not have it on smile  It's set by launch_args.txt in the Oni folder, which is an optional file for turning on new features in the Intel build (or just passing it the familiar launch args like -noswitch).

#30 12/24/12 15:12

chutzpan

Iritscen wrote:

If you don't know, you must not have it on smile  It's set by launch_args.txt in the Oni folder, which is an optional file for turning on new features in the Intel build (or just passing it the familiar launch args like -noswitch).

Ok, so why has it worked in the past and not now? And why is Airport & Hangar lagging when training is not in HQ? I don't get it. Sorry for asking seemingly stupid questions but I feel lost here.

#31 12/24/12 16:12

Iritscen

Hopefully they're not stupid questions, because I don't really know the answers!  I think you've stumped me.  I have never noticed low performance on my Mac anywhere in Oni, except when turning up the anti-aliasing, nor heard about this from our testers.  Can you give us some sample numbers in terms of FPS when lagging vs. not lagging?  Hit Ctrl-Shift-Y in-game to get the frame counter.

#32 12/25/12 10:12

Samer
Website

Edt reported lag on his Mac before when he used my higher resolution character retexture pack ...

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer