paradox-01

Re: The Mod Depot is open for business

I still like the black style.

#52 12/21/12 16:12

Iritscen

Alloc wrote:

Shhht ... Disabled download count for now as it works without it wink
Thought I'd let noone know as it is only temporary.

Oh, well that's good.  It's more important to have downloads than download counts smile  But I will work on that module later to see if it can be enabled again.

I like the new layout, now everything looks clean.

I still like the black style.

Ha, well that means we're still tied, 3-3.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#53 12/21/12 17:12

Lithium

OUT OF NOWHERE ME

Black, Cut, wrap, release, upload, delete, w/e

Last edited by Lithium (12/21/12 17:12)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#54 12/21/12 20:12

Iritscen

Are you voting for the dark style, then?  If so, ideally I'd like to hear from one more person to see if they pick the light style and make it a tie again (it's my tennis fan background, you don't let one side win the game until the other side has a chance to make a comeback).  But if I don't hear from someone else in the next couple days, I'll go back to Twilight.  It's extra work for me, so I want to make sure it's really you guys' preference.

#55 12/21/12 20:12

Leus
Website

Hm, it looks more like every other site now.  Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.  I wish I could better remember how the other way looked.

Well, if nothing else, maybe the dark design will make our pixels last longer tongue

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#56 12/21/12 21:12

Lithium

Yeah I voted dark

#57 12/21/12 21:12

Iritscen

For comparison: http://web.archive.org/web/201003291811 … .oni2.net/

If you maintain your "dark" vote, Leus, that will seal the deal with 5-3 in favor of it.

#58 12/22/12 04:12

ltemplar

In my opinion the dark one was better. This new design is a little bit eye burning, and somehow not suitable for the oni theme itself.

#59 12/22/12 07:12

Jon God

New style.

-JG

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#60 12/22/12 07:12

s10k
Website

Black.

#61 12/22/12 10:12

EdT
Website

Let's save the pixels!  Dark.

#62 12/22/12 11:12

Loser

Black.

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#63 12/22/12 12:12

Iritscen

Okay, Twilight it is.  I'll just have to update the theme to work with the new software, so maybe it will be ready later today.

#64 12/22/12 21:12

Iritscen

Actually, updating the theme is a ton of work, so I am looking for equivalent themes.  I like the one I've applied for now, except that the header is ridiculously large and it's not accepting my CSS customization to reduce the size and change the BG picture.  I'll pick up with this tomorrow.

#65 12/22/12 22:12

Lithium

Slick

#66 12/22/12 23:12

Samer
Website

mm i don't know what happened .. i opened the mod depot link and I could see the old theme + the hit (download counter) and everything was great big_smile .. but i was logged out .. when i tried to log in the download counter disappeared and got that dark big rainbow header theme and I can't log in. (and something about a way back machine ? in the title)
I hope you can bring the download counter back .. I just saw it there :S ! then it disappeared, which is a tease tongue. (It's nice to know how many downloads the mods we make get, it's motivating since comments are rare it's nice to know that someone actually downlaods the mods) + I think that was one of the goals of the update and the error some got is temporary which is worth it.
as for the current theme the color is nice but as Iritscen said the header is too big. So, I personally would rather have any other color with a small header than a dark one with a huge header taking up half the page ..
again thanks for your hard work Iritscen, wish I understood this stuff more tongue

Last edited by Samer (12/22/12 23:12)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#67 12/23/12 08:12

Iritscen

If you're seeing the old theme and the Wayback Machine then you opened the wrong link and you're on archive.org tongue  That's why you can't log in.

But yes, my goal is to bring back the download counter, provided it's now more accurate than it used to be.  Way more stuff broke in this upgrade than I expected, so I am slowly going through and finding the problems and researching the error messages.

Actually, if anyone has good knowledge of CSS, I'd appreciate if they contacted me, because it could help speed up my work on the theme.

#68 12/24/12 12:12

Samer
Website

just want to say I really like the look it has right now ^_^ and I'm logged in again.
I have no idea how I ended up on the archive before .. my internet is stupid as I said before tongue (for example sometimes I download something and get an old version instead of the one I downloaded (on other sites))

#69 12/24/12 14:12

Iritscen

Thanks.  I managed to get the header cinched up so it's not Ridiculously Large anymore.  I might try a font change for the title, but things are mostly stabilized now.  Just need to fix the Categories and Download Links columns in the mod listings.  I am awaiting a patch for the Download Count module before I can enable it again.

#70 12/24/12 20:12

Iritscen

I fixed the Categories and Download Links columns, increased the pager setting to 30 so you can see 30 mods at a time, and I changed the date format.  Sorry for making everyone put up with U.S. date format all this time.  It's now in the more logical yyyy/mm/dd format.  I also picked a different font for header text.  Still trying to figure out what the deal is with the download counter.

#71 12/25/12 10:12

Samer
Website

i don't know if it's only me and my stupid internet ... but no mods are showing up on the page .. it's blank .. i have the header and the left categories but the rest is blank ...
SNAG-0015.jpg

It's now in the more logical yyyy/mm/dd format.

sad we use dd/mm/yyyy here too .. I never thought it's a US thing nor that others use the yyy/mm/dd before tongue ... so day/month/year felt more logical to me.

thanks for your hard work Iritscen

Last edited by Samer (12/25/12 10:12)

#72 12/25/12 11:12

Iritscen

i have the header and the left categories but the rest is blank

Oops, that just happened because I changed the name of the File content type to Mod and it broke the filter.  Fixed.

we use dd/mm/yyyy here too

The date before was actually mm/dd/yy, unless somehow it was being changed by your computer's locale settings.  But that's the way it was described in the column header ("Last updated (mm/dd/yy)").  I'd show you, but the Wayback Machine seems to be increasingly broken lately and I can't pull any mod listing pages from its archives.

Unfortunately, the ability to actually upload a mod is broken, and I don't know why, so I'm currently working on that.  Getting a ton of errors on the backend too that I have to fix.

#73 12/25/12 11:12

Samer
Website

Ouh ok thanks again smile
i have 1 more question .. On each mod page near the comments it says read x times .. Does that represent the number of how many times that mod's depot page was opened ? If so that could be an acceptable alternative to the download counter, if it's accurate.

#74 12/25/12 12:12

Iritscen

I'm not really sure if it's accurate, but I would guess so.  Still, it's not the same as telling us how many people actually downloaded the file, so I'd like to get the module working again if I can.

#75 12/25/12 14:12

Iritscen

Well, it looks like we'll be waiting for a patch before I can use the download counter.  But in the meantime, everything else is *supposed* to work, so if anyone finds any other problems, let me know here.

Board footer