Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/20/12 14:12

Shade

Oni on Windows 8?

I know most computers are starting to run on Windows 8 lately. I have my quad-core with Windows 7. I was wondering if there is any way to make Oni run on Windows 8. Or will it never happen? I don't see why Microsoft would make Win8 and not be able to let you play old school games. Any thoughts?

#2 12/20/12 15:12

Knox

Re: Oni on Windows 8?

I use windows 8. Oni runs just fine for me.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#3 12/20/12 18:12

Shade

Knox wrote:

I use windows 8. Oni runs just fine for me.

Weird, I tried playing Oni on moms new PC. Downloaded the Oni Demo and it said this app isn't compatible with this machine. So it gave me some weird message. Though I wont get the real game until my game arrives in the mail tomorrow.

#4 12/20/12 19:12

Iritscen

That's because you always need the Daodan DLL to play Oni on modern machines.  The DLL comes in the AE.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 12/20/12 19:12

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

That's because you always need the Daodan DLL to play Oni on modern machines.  The DLL comes in the AE.

Well problem is I installed the demo on the machine. And it wouldn't allow me to install it on Win8. Any way, I'm not going to mess with Win8 since I got my Win7 here. tongue

#6 12/26/12 05:12

AdamBast

you may not have to install at all.
just try transferring an installed ONi with the daodan. Just copy the installed game to the win8 machine.
I have win8 too, but I'm far away from home now, and can't try installing or playng the game, but it's your best bet.

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

Board footer