Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/27/12 17:11

tokenoftime92
Website

ONI AE on Ubuntu: The tale of a curious and a texture bug

Hey people!
So I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 (under Wine) and I finally managed to play ONI:AE (it was a very hard and long task). Anyway I installed some packages and I run into some difficulties with the Konoko HD armor.

As you can see most of my armour is black. When I dash or do a Rising Fury or Double Spin kick. I think the problem may be caused by motion blur? Every other hd or custom texture works mostly fine (sometimes all the hd textures go bloody red and only game restart fixes it).
Screenshot_from_2012-11-27_23_30_56_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Screenshot_from_2012-11-27_23_30_25_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

And also every time I get a cutscene or press F1 or Esc or manipulate a computer the F1 menu will stuck in my screen and won't disappear. Only one solution I found was to press and hold ESC for 20+ seconds and it disappears then. It's really annoying especially during a fight. Here is a proof that not only I have this problem.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p … on&iId=434

Best regards from a huge AE fan.

Last edited by tokenoftime92 (11/27/12 17:11)

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#2 11/28/12 07:11

Samer
Website

Re: ONI AE on Ubuntu: The tale of a curious and a texture bug

uhm maybe you have too many HD textures installed eating up the memory and causing problems ? I see you have level textures maybe disable these and try Konok HD as only package ..

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 11/28/12 12:11

tokenoftime92
Website

I'll try, but I have 4 GBs of RAM and they worked before on win7 maybe it's too much for ubuntu?

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#4 11/29/12 21:11

Dirk Gently
Website

I believe this might not be a problem with loading textures, but drawing them. Wine might not be able to communicate them properly to the graphics card.

#5 11/30/12 03:11

Samer
Website

also Konoko HD causes buffer overflow sometimes .. maybe that's ubuntu's form of buffer overflow tongue make sure you're using the latest version of Konoko HD .. EdT updated it not a long while ago to fix the buffer overflow.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer