Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 11/17/12 19:11

Samer
Website

Re: Various particle modification projects

Thanks paradox .. it worked partially ... the shape and duration of the particle is off though ... guess that's related to this :\
<Orientation>3</Orientation>
<Location>1</Location>
<Offset>0.2</Offset>

you would have to compensate* that part using the "correct settings" (whatever those are...).

tongue yeah sounds too difficult :\ I looked inside the file, but got no idea what to change i mean there's an orientation flag in the particle while but it doesn't accept a numerical value like in the ONIE ..
so I think I might go ahead and just add the impact and include them in the character additives pack and ask users to download it so they don't get overwritten.

Last edited by Samer (11/18/12 03:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#77 11/18/12 05:11

paradox-01

Maybe it will look better if you use w14_muro_x02 as emitted particle. I overlooked that x02 was intended for character impacts, not x01.

#78 11/18/12 09:11

Samer
Website

Ouh don't worry i noticed that on my own ... Had 2 emitters using x01 and x02 for walls and characters, but still didn't look as i wanted. Using the onie method will be better on the longer run i think.

Last edited by Samer (11/18/12 09:11)

#79 11/25/12 04:11

Samer
Website

can someone tell me how I can make barabus's shockwave particle radius smaller ? there are several particles and emitters and I'm not sure which tag it is :\
and how I can make it vertical ...
like this ZubatSupersonic.jpg

Last edited by Samer (11/25/12 04:11)

#80 11/25/12 06:11

Iritscen

I can't be of much help, but that resembles the effect used by the satellite dish that activates at the end of the game, so maybe take a look at that?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#81 04/03/13 23:04

Samer
Website

there's an issue I'm trying to solve that affects some of my character mods with custom particles .. and I really can't figure it out ...
I've made 4 custom contrails before :
h2h_rostrail_e01 and p01 .. this I used for kojiro and for BGI Agents with red tie
h2h_haytrail_e01 and p01 .. this is an orange contrail for hayate, hayate minions and hanako
h2h_kojtrail_e01 and p01 ... this is a green contrail I used for Grey Fury and BGI Agents with green tie
these fore mentioned 3 are made by changing the tint and names of the comguy contrail (original blue)

h2h_grneltrail_e01, p01 and p02 .. this is a green electricity contrail made by modifying the blue ninja contrail .. used for bgi hammer, bgi ninjabot and bgi heavybot

I've also made a custom green electric glow particle h2h_grnelglow_e01, e02, p01, p02 .. this is used by hammer, ninjabot and heavybot .. and done by modifying the names and tint of the ninja glow particle .. with the appropriate linking to them in the trams and oncc.

Problem is : each of : GreyFury, Agents, Hammer, Ninjabot, HeavyBot .. when tested individually work as planned, however when all or some of them are installed together the game crashes when they do a move with a contrail and i get an error about h2h_particle referring to a different class

in more details here's what happens :
*for heavybot, ninjabot, hammer : any 2 of them together no problem
*but hammer + heavybot + ninjabot : i get this error ''h2h_grnelglow_p02 contrail link points to a different class!'' this leads to contrails of all characters disappearing (irrelevant characters like elites and comguys .. and a few seconds later the game crashes with a damn! box.

*grey fury + any single pack or 2 combo of (hammer, ninjabot, heavybot) : no problem
*grey fury + agents : no problem
*agents + any single pack of (hammer, ninjabot, heavybot) : no problem
*agents + any 2 of (hammer, ninjabot, heavybot, greyfury) : i get these errors h2h_kojtrail_p01 contrail link points to a different class .. for grey fury and the agents, and "h2h_grnelglow_p02 contrail link points to a different class!" for hammer, heavy bot and\or ninjabot ... or sometimes other particles are mentioned in the error
*all the 5 packs together : instant crash when they perform a 'contrailed' move

So can anyone help me figure out what's going on ? if it were a problem in setting the particles in xml then they wouldn't be working individually, only certain combinations of these 5 packs are causing the problem, and if it's a particle overload then it shouldn't be the case because true they are 5 packs but in total there are only 2 contrails in play here : 1 green contrail modified from comguy shared by grey fury and agents .. and 1 electric green contrail modified from ninjas' shared by hammer, ninjabot and heavybot ..  and only 1 glow particle shared by hammer, heavybot, ninjabot. (is there a particle limit anyyway ?)

paradox you're great in figuring these things out, if you can spare some time to take a look at these packs, I'll really be thankful, the goal is to have these 5 packs work together with no crashes.

Last edited by Samer (04/04/13 13:04)

#82 04/04/13 06:04

paradox-01

That will mark the third attempt to track down the problem.
And I don't have any diagnostic/statistic tool so I'm somewhat pessimistic here.
Anyway I will take another look and maybe in some days post here again.

That shouldn't stop other people to try it. More hands, more chances to find something.

About that pokemon post: If it's of any help, I remember Barabas' shock wave being a 3d object. After a quick look at hex it's probably BINA3RAPbarab_p02.oni (linking to M3GMbarab_swave.oni). Emitter: BINA3RAPbarab_e02.oni
From there you could look for <Scale> stuff and related variables. Not sure yet about orientation stuff.

#83 04/04/13 19:04

Samer
Website

thanks for the help paradox.
after much further testing the only thing i can figure out is there's particle limit that can be held in level0_Final .. after managing to get the 5 packs to work together .. when i added sentry droid or guard dogs (have own particles) to the installation got same errors and crash again .. so it's not restricted to these packages ...
question is what is the limit of the particles ...
and what's weird is that I have managed to have them work all together before... could this be an onisplit issue or a daodan issue that has arose after they were updated at one time. I will try with older versions of onisplit and daodan.

edit : it's not the daodan or onisplit ...

I changed the contrail of grey fury and agents and ninjabot to the same contrail and removed the glow all together so it's now only 1 new particle ! yet same thing ... what does the error mean though .. points to a different class, the xml of the particles is correct only tint and name modified from existing ones and i remade them just in case, could it mean a different class of character ?

Last edited by Samer (04/04/13 20:04)

#84 04/06/13 22:04

Samer
Website

paradox you did get the error right ?

#85 04/07/13 09:04

paradox-01

I think I had a problem at the beginning. After you updated packages on MD all contrails are visible and no debug msgs. *shrugs*

That's currently installed on my machines (Win7 SP1 64-bit + Vista SP2 32-bit)

Daodan DLL tellmetheversion: "Daodan v.3.2"
AE7_07.04.2013.png

The only thing that irritate me is the "startup.txt"

daodan attached!
parsing daodan.ini...
finished parsing
parsing command line...
finished parsing
patching engine
Loading chinese DLL
- Module loading returned error 126: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

[...]

Chinese? What DLL? The Daodan? I did not exchange it.

Last edited by paradox-01 (04/07/13 09:04)

#86 04/07/13 09:04

Alloc
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

Chinese? What DLL? The Daodan? I did not exchange it.

Heh, I feared that at least some people would get irritated by this one wink
It does try to load the DLL if it exists so you don't have to manually enable that feature in the .ini if you have the chinese Oni. If you don't have the DLL it also won't affect your Oni.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#87 04/07/13 10:04

Samer
Website

Alloc I'm a bit too lazy to go to oni2.bugs so I hope you saw the bug reported here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 630#p45630

Last edited by Samer (04/07/13 10:04)

Board footer