Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 09/12/12 10:09

EdT
Website

Re: Custom Character Mega Pack - discussion

Actually, it is much easier to add furniture to Oni using the level importer.  I need to find some models that can be used with the China mod.   

Regarding tree and fauna, those are tricky to get into Oni.  They need to be made simply, not hundreds of polygons for the leaves and complicated branches.

I may not be able to keep the trees in Old China.  They seem to be causing some problems in the engine, so that if too many AI's are near the trees, they fall through the ground.  sad

#27 09/12/12 10:09

ltemplar

Trees.. how many polygons will be god for you ? 500, 1000?

Tables are rely simple less than 30 tris for normal looking table.. and less than 100 for heavy detailed.
Others additions like paints (7 tris) lamps 30-60 tris, carpet 2 tris.., chairs 30 or less...etc....I believe that this is not very hard stuff to do..Textures shouldn't be a problem either. For brushes you can easy use a textured cube.Any change in this monotony will be good. Did you ever consider adding death bodies ass particles?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/12/12 10:09)

#28 09/12/12 10:09

EdT
Website

Yes, low poly is the better.  The tree I'm using now has 5000+ vertices, which is way too much for Oni.

If you can make some furniture that would fit with the China mod, statues, plants, etc, I would greatly appreciate it. smile

#29 09/12/12 10:09

Samer
Website

Edt the free model site i found and turbo squid may have some stuff .. I saw somewhere that plate thing that they used to bang and it would ring :s don't know what it's called in english.  dragon statues and such would be nice.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#30 09/12/12 10:09

ltemplar

I will see what i can do.

5000+ Where you get thous trees?I never run into a model than has more than 2000 tris.Low poly off curse.

#31 09/13/12 01:09

EdT
Website

I checked those 3D sites, nothing good.  Also the trees on those sites are 30,000+ polygons!

#32 09/13/12 02:09

ltemplar

Maybe this site will help you: a lot o free models made especially for games (700+)
http://opengameart.org/art-search-advan … d%5B%5D=10
or this forum.
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/44306- … -3D-Models
I newer use them because i prefer making my stuff personally.(best control+the fun).
And If you want low poly trees models.. the best method is to found with game have them.. and then export them from it(if possible).
But with downloaded models are always the same problems(Poly cunt, textures..etc). So in the end the time you spent on transforming them to suit your needs ..will be almost the same as the time in creating them form scratch.
Think about it.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/13/12 02:09)

#33 09/29/12 13:09

Samer
Website

Script10_k would you be interested in helping me script the mega pack level which features the custom characters ? I have a well defined plan for it .. if you may be interested I'll send it to you .. Ed made the level and I'm working on finishing the characters .. but bsl and scripting isn't my thing.

#34 09/29/12 14:09

s10k
Website

I would be glad to help if I gather some time. Do you have instant messenger, like yahoo? That way would be easier to we talk about it. (email me it)

#35 09/29/12 15:09

Samer
Website

sorry i don't use instant messengers currently .. bad internet and power besides to difference in time zones .. so email may be best or we can make a thread on the forum .. i'll send u the ideas i had by email

#36 09/29/12 15:09

s10k
Website

Do as you like better, however email allows you to tell me the ideas without spoiling.

#37 10/01/12 13:10

Samer
Website

The megapack will also have an optional component to incorporate the custom characters in the original game.

example : golden tctf in tctf hq redux and sc lab.
blackops carens in tctf hq (they'll be given konoko's melee id and they have more health than regular carens)

skull team fight will be included as is, (grey fury guarding shinatama, reg tanker in airport, kojiro at current place (save pt 3 of compound   the appearances in tctf hq, atmospheric center,, airport, level 3)
in addition to appearances in final battle.

casey as a partner instead of one of the tctf lite at level 2. And level 3 (final save pt) and as a foe in dream lab instead of the swats that appear with griffin, and as a partner in final battle if didn't kill griffin instead of 1 of the blackops swat. Was also hoping to have him shortly as a playable character in level 3 in between the mad bomber scene. But i don't think i'll know how to script that.

blackops konoko instead of tctf konoko in dream lab and as player outfit in the atmospheric interior/exterior.

casual tankers more appearances in the compound, and airport.

shinibot : partner in final battle, appearance in dream lab, modified version of leus's shinis new shoes.

jester and Jester minions appearance in dream lab instead of the ministrikers or ninjas.

james and jamie as ghosts in dream lab.

can u think of any other places the custom characters should appear or more suitable places ?

this is a component that inorporates them into the original levels,
there will also be a separate level for them that doesn't modify original levels, and will also feature hayate and hanako and others.

Last edited by Samer (10/01/12 13:10)

#38 10/01/12 16:10

Lithium

That's about every character you've made besides Hanako or Hayate, although I think they'd be out of place in any level at the moment.
Maybe add Jubei at the last part of the regional state building instead of the two ninjas, and maybe have Akane as the ninja you tag along with at the beginning of rooftops?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#39 10/01/12 16:10

Samer
Website

Mm that's interesting but jubei and akane, won't be part of the mega pack, they'll have a major update and be part of the bgi mega pack later on.
though these are interesting spots smile ! Suitable for some miniboss for sure .. I'll consider it. (also i may use that if i ever make a more updated-ninja hayate and hanako look)
or we can have jubei and akane make an appearance there as well as the bgi level.
thx for the suggestion ^_^

Last edited by Samer (10/01/12 16:10)

#40 10/31/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Part 1 is released : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2467

I have a question : how do I modify the avatars (the character pics) that appear when the characters talk .. I realize they're a TXMP ... but how do I know which ? (I want to modify comguys to kojiro in certain levels and the tctf one in sc lab to golden tctf)

#41 10/31/12 06:10

s10k
Website

As far I remember you can just extract all the TXMP of level0.dat to .jpg for example and then check which one is the comguy one.

Then make a copy, modify and rename to something like TXMPkojiro.oni . You can import it then on level0 (for global) or levelx (to specific level).

To call it in game you use the follow script commands:

cinematic_start (kojiro, 180, 180, 2, 1, 20, false); #display kojiro face
sleep(400); #show for a while
cinematic_stop (kojiro, 15, 20); #stop displaying

Note that the cinematic command exclude the TXMP of the name of the file.

For know more about the script parameters you can check the wiki, but that should be enough for now to get you started.

#42 10/31/12 11:10

Samer
Website

Can I make a character unkillable via the BINA...character xml without needing bsl ? (other than giving it a lot of extra health can a flag be set ?)

edit : oops found on the wiki so never mind .. Paradox you have a great tutorial on everything xml but it doesn't show under modding tutorials in the main page which makes it difficult to find.

Last edited by Samer (11/01/12 08:11)

#43 11/01/12 08:11

Samer
Website

some screenshots form the Mega Pack Conversion :
2012-11-01_154735.jpg

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 20:11)

#44 11/01/12 10:11

EdT
Website

That looks awesome!  I always though Konoko should be in a Blackops outfit when she went to rescue Shin.

#45 11/01/12 12:11

Samer
Website

I couldn't figure out how to change it in griffin's office though (the part where she talks to him before she goes rescues shinatama)

i'm also thinking to make evil dream lab konoko wear the blackops outfit.

Last edited by Samer (11/01/12 12:11)

#46 11/01/12 12:11

uroboros

oh.. seems like I will have a reason to finish the game once again >:D

#47 11/01/12 13:11

Lithium

Oh teammates that are actually useful for once.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#48 11/01/12 18:11

Samer
Website

mmm I can't figure this out sad can someone help .. bsl thing ..
I'm trying to change konoko in the atmospheric center exterior to konoko blackops .. I changed the class of the player in BINACJBOCharacter (changed konoko_generic to konoko_blackops) she shows up in the blackops uniform in the level and in parts of the cutscene where she's using that glider as in my screenshots, however she is still in her konoko_generic outfit in the parts where she's talking to griffin ... how come ? I read the bsl scripts of the "power" and the cutscenes script I can't find anything that determines her class ...
another question cutscenes that we say are "live" ? I mean the characters act them out following script commands .. they're not pre-recorded. If so then, when she's talking with griffin in an office .. where's that office ? it's a hidden room in the atmospheric center exterior level ? 
can someone talk a look at the scripts of the pwer level and give me a hint what i need to change to make konoko appear in her blackops uniform in the griffin cutscene parts.

Last edited by Samer (11/01/12 18:11)

#49 11/01/12 19:11

s10k
Website

You need to change "ai_3" class too which is the name of the cutscene konoko char (typed ai2_shownames=1 to see it).

I mean the characters act them out following script commands .. they're not pre-recorded. If so then, when she's talking with griffin in an office .. where's that office ? it's a hidden room in the atmospheric center exterior level ?

Yup all cutscenes are "live" using script commands. Not pre-recorded. And yes that office is a hidden room in atmospheric center exterior.

Position is at 2316, 52, 68 ( use with chr_location 0 2316 52 68 ).

#50 11/01/12 20:11

Samer
Website

mmm I can't find any character named ai_3 in the BINACJBOCharacter file of that level. (is that what you meant ?)

Board footer