A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/07/12 14:10

Samer
Website

NEW CHARACTER: * BGI HEAVY BOT* beta release

This is the BGI Heavy Bot

*Original Model imported by geyser
*Texturing and UV map Correction by ltemplar (awesome work)
*Some modifications (slight texture modification, TRAC, xml, particles) by Samer
*Heavy Kick animation by Andrew

This can be considered a beta, it's fully functional and everything but the moves may be changed once ltemplar makes new ones.

In this version :
-TRAC similar to elite's with some modifications, tanker dodges, new Heavy kick (charge tackle attack)
-Green Contrails, hit impacts and glow
-self destruction

2012-10-07_185344.jpg

Download : http://mods.oni2.net/node/220

Last edited by Samer (07/01/13 17:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 10/07/12 14:10

ltemplar

Re: NEW CHARACTER: * BGI HEAVY BOT* beta release

Sorry Samer..to storm like this onto you...but. Tell me where is that green? Dark green as we were talking about earlier?..Now we have Pastel color with white..to shine and eye blinding..in my humble opinion. White was only for you to modify thous textures quick...without much work from your site..but now I see that almost everything must be corrected...

#3 10/07/12 15:10

Samer
Website

I posted the screenshot before and u said they match now .. this is the same one :\  so I don't know what yu're talking about.

ok now i see u said at Today 7:45 Now they are matching more .. then at (Today 15:52) u edited to say "But this is not green but pastel color..change this"  meaning 6 hours later after u said they match u changed ur mind, that's not really my fault. i can't really predict that after 6 hours i should scroll back up and re-read all old posts.

compare it to ninjabot .. they are same color tone .. besides the chest of the ninjabot where do u see "dark green" on the ninjabot ?

as we said before color scheme for bgi is white, green and black, this is white with greenish\teal shadows it's not meant to be a green forest armor.
the hammer is completely white and hydra is white .. we can't go from white to dark green all together.

did u see it in game ?

as i said this is how much as i'll be able to make it match the ninjabot .. if u feel like u can do a better job, u still have the textures, so feel free to ''correct'' them since i did such a poor job.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 15:10)

#4 10/07/12 17:10

ltemplar

Not poor..and not forest ... I only suggest you tot changing color contrast..now the "green" part is almost fuse with the white one..On ninja bot to cut one color from another they use shadows...When i told you to use shadow I refereed exactly to this statement. I wrote "..to take look into how they are presented on ninja bot ..." no "make everything darker.."..So please don't put words to my mouth that I didn't seed..

Last edited by ltemplar (10/07/12 17:10)

#5 10/07/12 17:10

s10k
Website

Looks great. Good work!

#6 10/07/12 18:10

Leus
Website

Yeah it looks great.  You're not gonna be able to fully meet everyone's expectations every time, working together as a group.  I'd say move forward from here.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#7 10/07/12 18:10

Samer
Website

i intentionally wanted it to fuse with the white, if u look at the ninjabot's shoulders or thigh u'll see that's exactly it .. The colors fuse together.. I don't want it to appear like they painted him 2 different colors and drew lines between the parts.

anyway as you can see, some like it.
and i agree with leus, let's move forward.

if it's a matter of only increasing contrast, i'll try that before next update.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 18:10)

#8 10/08/12 03:10

ltemplar

Ok..subject closed..for now.

Let's move forward then..

BTW. how hydra head? Do you like it? I believe that you need to recreate texturing there (especially to match tip of the head with the rest of the hair mesh...- remove thous straps or whatever it is..and create proper hairs shading)

Board footer