Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/07/12 12:10

Leus
Website

Parkour-like rolls?

So I'm wondering...  Since you guys are all into new animations and stuff, how plausible could it be to implement something like...you roll into and out of an impact to avoid damage and/or down time.  Like, let's say you get knocked over.  If you hit SHIFT at just the right time, you go into a somersault and end up back on your feet ready for action.  Also, let's say you're falling from a height where you would normally incur fall damage.  If you hit SHIFT at the right time, you'll land in a roll and sustain no (or less) damage.  Of course, falling from too high would still be fatal.

Is this at all possible?  I think it could potentially be awesome.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/07/12 12:10

Samer
Website

Re: Parkour-like rolls?

big_smile i don't know the answer .. Just want to say welcome back smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 10/07/12 14:10

ltemplar

I spoke about something like that with Loser..he seed that this is possible..but some random movements will be taken forever then...See this topic for details
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2430

Last edited by ltemplar (10/07/12 14:10)

#4 10/07/12 18:10

Leus
Website

Hmm...  I didn't see anything about that in that thread.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 10/07/12 18:10

Samer
Website

I think it might be possible ..
Using TRAM modification a 'roll' move can be from state : running or standing, (i think not sure about names)... there's also a state of falling back or falling front ... Maybe if set in the tram as a possible state form which the roll can happen, then u can also get it when u use the default key of the crouch, but the transition may look weird.

#6 10/07/12 19:10

Leus
Website

Hopefully you could just do it like...  use the falling animation as the first few frames of the new animation, so it'd be smooth.

#7 10/07/12 19:10

Samer
Website

Yeah but that would require adding a new animation, what i'm suggesting is using the usual roll, if u add a new animation u'll have to set it to a new key press than the normal roll which u can't do. (in xml)

Edit or maybe have that animation also be a roll but only from falling back withou editing the original roll, then if u're falling back that one plays when u crouch and if u're running standing the normal roll plays .. It needs testing though.

Last edited by Samer (10/07/12 19:10)

#8 10/08/12 03:10

paradox-01

How would you prevent the damage?

#9 10/08/12 03:10

ltemplar

Probably.. adding immunity to that move(or for the time this move is done), but thous are only my speculations.

Leus What you proposed is similar to my "doing back roll from dis-balanced state" statement..about new dogging abilities/moves.
Loser wrote to me it's possible, but it will cost you one slot form custom animations..If you want to fuse this with another move ..then this will be only graphical upgrade nothing more.But what i understand is that you want to tap some button to avoid dmg..and for this task you need from state animation..(fling down probably).Thats it. You must add window when..and create two animations one from fling state..second which will be your..start avoiding dmg. state. .This is how i see it..you also need to fuse this two IF statements with together and scripting(immunity?). I'm not expert here so this can be only one from many possible methods.Maybe Loser will take a look here and help you much more?..

Last edited by ltemplar (10/08/12 03:10)

#10 10/08/12 03:10

paradox-01

Let me modify my question. How would you prevent the damage and allow it again if the height is too big even for that parkour roll.

#11 10/08/12 07:10

Samer
Website

does immunity (setting invulnerable in tram) make a move immune to fall damage ? i don't think so .. s maybe changing max height fall damage in ONCC .. but then the whole thing would be pointless tongue ouh well ..

Board footer