Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 09/18/12 15:09

uroboros

Re: NEW CHARACTER : ** Hanako ** Version 3.5 updated on 01/07/2022

I like it,
However I think colour scheme from the original model looks more modern (its only my opinion ofc)

#27 09/18/12 16:09

Samer
Website

a- shoes are from second model i don't think they look old on that model i changed the color to yellow from red . i've never seen an old woman wear those shoes as far as i know.
b- I'm not using pants these are long stockings.. they resemble the second model more than the first .. and i'm not trying nor will i try to imitate the first model i only used the head from the first model she looks too modern and fashionable for this character' concept. she is going to be in a fortress with hayate :\
3- I don't want konoko imitations for this character so no konoko jacket, and again i don't want to make her "oni" modern ..
maybe i'll add an outfit for her in the end which is oni modern and futuristic and for hayate ... but not for this outfit.
d- I said and i will repeat she'll have 4 outfits the white one will be dress like and actually i'll be using this model for parts for her :
95308551.jpg but it will surely have issues with the pelvis and thighs overlapping that i'll have to find a way around, for the red one i decreased the width so they don't overlap. and i presume in tekken 2 they use different mechanics that make the skirt move properly.
e- i didn't put the red outfit for u or because of what u said just wanted to show reference for the red one.
f- no idea what u're talking about ? u're talking about the original model ? needs a bracelet and the necklace fits ? i'm not going to make that too fashionable for this character. and sure she looks nice but her body parts are 2000-4000 polygon each smile try to make that go down to 900-1000 without getting ugly gaps and the way she's standing makes her very hard to rotate properly to match oni, if u want to give it a try then i can give u a link to the model.
if u mean adding a bracelet to the red one i will add one on the wrist without sleeve.

"Punting statement" this is your personal filing.."  can be attached to any critique, because ALL thous opinions are in some way, the personal preferences. "

let em clarify some things for you.
1- You have been modeling for 12 years .. while I for 3-4 years and I still consider myself a beginner so what may seem so easy for you may take me days to make.
2- Up until now i've only used body parts from oni .. imagine casey is a merge of 6 oni characters, and shinibot 5 including iron demon,whenever we needed high heels the only option was the fury's. Now I'm using shoes from new characters with new styles big_smile i'm proud and happy about that.
3- When I criticized the bicep size of ur swat konoko, to change it it would have taken u few minutes .. just select them and scale down, but what u're asking me to do is basically destroy all the outfit and start over because u don't like the style.
it literally took me days to make, to separate body parts and merge them and adjust and move the uv maps and reduce polygon count and set proper rotation and solve overlapping at joints and between thighs and pelvis in addition to the power cuts i have.
"I'm not the fan of thous clothes(to thin.. exposed..fantasy in general in my opinion not much oni style in general)." this is personal preference i personally don't like armored and bulky, so when i criticized your swat konoko i didn't say i hate armored and bulky and u should make it thin and lite, i went with ur vision and concept.

so an easy way to identify personal preference is can u say someone else may like it while u don't and it still makes sense ?

and to clarify also once and for all .. when i ask for feedback.

things that i will take into consideration are :
- simple adjustment like cutting down the strips once model is done
- more major adjustments before model is done.
- simple color scheme change : making brighter or darker, example uroboros suggesting making casey's blue outfit lighter.
- if i have something anatomically wrong, like when sarai had a thin mid and others told me to enlarge it
- if there's something wrong with the model : eyes too far away, overlapping in joints, noticeable color difference.
- adding something that will make model look better example when paradox told me to add metallic holders for the grey fury and changing wrist shape.
- suggesting an additional color scheme like when oxe suggested black and green for sarai

things that i won't take into consideration:
-asking me to replace entire model
-if someone doesn't like a style of clothes\hair in general whether it's on my model or not
-asking me to replace something i already posted and asked for feedback on before then asking to change it when it's done.
-asking me to change concept of character.

for this model things i'm going to change are :
- cut down the yellow stripes in half
- i'll try to re-add some of the roses on the back of the head .. maybe that will make that hair style more appealing to some but i'll risk increasing polygons and buffer overflow.
- if i find a hair style that is easy to cut and merge and looks good for he i'll use it instead.

uroboros, i chose those colors so it can go well with hayate's jacket outfit (which is also 'dark' purple) 
but i will try and make her a more modernized outfit (As an addition not replacement) if i get enough time.

Last edited by Samer (09/19/12 09:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 09/18/12 17:09

ltemplar

Noted..

Then only thing that i can say. Make the second color replaced or add last make it darker for the pelvis/mid/wrist arms, etc..so the details of her top will be more visible...Thats all.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/18/12 17:09)

#29 09/18/12 17:09

Samer
Website

which one ? the dark purple of the stocking, vest and skirt,  or the lighter purple of the arms, shoulders, non skirt part of pelvis. cz u said mid and wrists and these have different purple.

Last edited by Samer (09/18/12 17:09)

#30 09/18/12 23:09

EdT
Website

I can understand what Samer is saying, it is a challenge to take a model not designed for Oni and make it Oni compatible.  Even more so to combine parts from different models.  Maybe some day we can be skilled enough to make the models ourselves, until then, please understand Samer is doing the best he can.

#31 09/19/12 01:09

ltemplar

Ok I understand.
But still think making the model from the beginning will be more proper for oni. You have full control on everything(number of polygons, how uvw is presented..number of textures etc)
And not all parts You need to create only thous you want.

The tutorial for the beginners(easy to understand)how to create a character for thous who want to learn.
http://athey.comyr.com/tutdump/character/page01.html

BTW. Samer I gave you a note about the Hammer. Please check.
If you have such problems witch electricity..maybe you should start using laptop then-only suggestion?

List of Games witch similar body creation that you want to check.

-Tekken 2
-resident evil 2
-Fighting Vipers
-Soul edge
-Virtual Fighter 2

Last edited by ltemplar (09/19/12 02:09)

#32 09/19/12 08:09

Samer
Website

Edt ..  smile smile
ltemplar .. I can't afford a laptop right now .. And without electricity to charge it properly it won't last long.
Thanks for the tutorial maybe 1 day i'll give it a try, but at this time i'm still glad i get new parts to merge instead of just oni ones .. I've slowly evolved : switching body parts to merging and mixing oni body parts to now using non oni models maybe one day in the future i'll be making my own models ..

#33 09/19/12 15:09

Samer
Website

i have these 2 faces ..
currently i like both .. i used the 1. for the purple outfit and 2. for the red outfit
and for head with straight hair ... i still have white\dress outfit and black\armored outfit .. which face (not head, hair style will change) do u think i should use from now on .. and do u think i should change the other current one to it ?

or i can have 2 faces the 1. looks more cute and soft more suitable for a princess and the 2. looks more serious and tough more suitable for a warrior .. She is both tongue .. so i can use both .. the 1. for the purple and for the white outfit, and the 2 for the red and for the black. this will be easiest for me as i have the head meshes merged already if i'm gonna use only one i'll have to re-split the hair from them and re-adjust the uvs and adjust size to fit the other mesh.
So she can have 2 facial expressions, or maybe they're sisters tongue
2012-09-19_232053.jpg

Last edited by Samer (09/19/12 16:09)

#34 09/20/12 18:09

Samer
Website

which one do u like better ?

2012-09-21_021317.jpg
2012-09-21_021302.jpg

the white goes more with hayate's white outfit ...
or if u like both i can include both ..

also haven't decided which hair style to use for this outfit .. hope someone replies to my previous question .. which face do u think i should use for her ? (so when i find a suitable hair style for this outfit i can merge it with the selected face).. or should i stick with this head ?

Last edited by Samer (09/20/12 22:09)

#35 09/20/12 21:09

EdT
Website

I like the white outfit, keep this face for Hanako.

#36 09/20/12 22:09

Samer
Website

Thanks for replying Edt.

I also came across another model and tried the head : (the size is a bit off)
Oni%25202012-09-21%252005-56-03-10.jpg

It's cute and all but makes her look too young i think .. What do u guys think ?
should i use this one instead .. Or stick to the mature one, i personally like the mature one more for this character .. And maybe use this for another character someday .. I'm having a hard time deciding cz i like them all hmm

Last edited by Samer (09/23/12 10:09)

#37 09/20/12 23:09

EdT
Website

Kawaii!  But as you said, too cute for Hanako.

#38 09/21/12 02:09

ltemplar

A cos-play party??...She look now almost like Chun LI...from SF2T. Did you plan to add some of her moves ass well for this outfit?
BTW.Nice job.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/21/12 16:09)

#39 09/21/12 17:09

Samer
Website

To be honest i wasn't familiar with chun-li before, i just found the model and thought the look will suit hanako, but i then googled some images of her and apparently the character is famous, so i'm also gonna adopt that hair style for her for this outfit, which is also suitable since hayate's white outfit can be considered cosplay of hayate from dead or alive game.

She's gonna use hayate's moves mostly, i'm not familiar with chun li's moves, however i found an image on google where she is spinning around on her head kicking, coincidently hayate also uses that move, so it's a good fit smile

Last edited by Samer (09/21/12 17:09)

#40 09/21/12 17:09

s10k
Website

2012-09-21_021302.jpg

This one looks great!

Last edited by s10k (09/21/12 17:09)

#41 09/21/12 19:09

Iritscen

I prefer the white with black "bicycle shorts", because the other version's white shorts look like underwear :-)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#42 09/22/12 12:09

Samer
Website

Hehe yeah i agree white one looks better .. The original model wasn't wearing shorts but a thin string thingy same color as dress .. Maybe i'll try that and see how it looks, but i thought it's too inappropriate at first tongue
p.s glad to see the forum working again btw

#43 09/23/12 22:09

Samer
Website

black\armor outfit
2012-09-24_064231.jpg

#44 09/23/12 22:09

EdT
Website

Looking good.  BTW, did you get my email?

#45 09/23/12 23:09

Samer
Website

sorry Edt haven't checked my email in a while, will see it now.

#46 09/24/12 04:09

ltemplar

Medieval Age?I can understand the old china armor, or ninja for her.. but Knight?You try to create clone of Joana d'Arc?Or this is another char?Are you going to include claymore too?
BTW.The model and textures are quite nice(Oblivion import?)

#47 09/24/12 10:09

Samer
Website

Samer wrote:

Hayate and hanako originally are outside of the oni futuristic era inspired by medivel, magic, fantasy, and old japanese\chinese themes ..

so yes medivel .. This outfit is to go with hayate's black armor outfit .. And as stated before she'll appear in a castle\fortress. However i'm open to suggestions, how to make it less knighty ? I considered removing armor from biceps and thighs ...
no it's not a second character .. 1 character with different looks
except for joan of arc i have no idea who the other names including the  game name u mentioned are.

although i meant for hanako to have 4 outfits at first which she now has : red, white, black armor, purple .. I think i'll add 1 more outfit

Last edited by Samer (09/24/12 10:09)

#48 09/24/12 11:09

ltemplar

When you mentioned Medieval i was thinking about Medieval Japan outfit or China.. not Europe.Something like samurai version of her..But that's ok.

"However i'm open to suggestions, how to make it less knighty ? I considered removing armor from biceps and thighs ..."
Look into japan/korean interpretation of female knight armor..if you want more "famine" look.

For me as for the knight, this armor is  perfect...Only the char ... is somehow disturbing(jump from China theme to European?)..that's all.

BTW. I put the animations in dae files for Hammer..take a look.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/24/12 11:09)

#49 09/24/12 13:09

Samer
Website

Well what i end up making depends largely on what i'm able to make and what models i find, this is the only armored female model i found that was relatively easy to use .. Initial model had different colors and even more knightly details.
i only wanted a black/brown armor outfit to go with hayate's outfit, i didn't put in mind european or chinese.  however  if this doesn't seem to fit with hayate's black armor i can try to modify it further .. What about this that makes it europeon .. What if i remove all symbols from armor and replace with some dragons .. What if i remove the bicep and thighs armor and replace with brown decorated with some gold like hayate's and add a katana to the back. Would that make it more fitting ? ... Changes that i can make without as i said before destroying all model and starting over.  ( i can easily put thighs without armor and do some slight texture modification,) but also keep in mind she'll be used in a castle level .. So having several looks, isn't bad red is light and fighting, white is more japanes-chinese fighting .. Purple is more fantasy - black is more medivel so it can be suited in several themed mods and levels, but my main criteria is does it go with hayate's outfit.

Last edited by Samer (09/24/12 13:09)

#50 09/24/12 13:09

ltemplar

Hayate's outfit is more like Japanese armored ninja modification(check the "Shogun Total War 2" for details), while her look to European..to knightly.
This is not mater of the model but textures . Smithing more "Samurai" will be more proper if her armor shuld be compeered to Hayate.Adding the Katana on her back will be god addition too.But maybe she can use two  katanas instead of one, or two kunais as her weapons for this outfit? Think about it.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/24/12 13:09)

Board footer