#26 09/08/12 15:09

paradox-01

Re: Various particle modification projects

"but i don't see making him kamehameha [...]"

I did nowhere say that it is final. Enjoy the new territory of modding. tongue

#27 09/08/12 17:09

ltemplar

Umm... I see...well I have main idea for this attack anyway, but first i need to create a proper animation for it (from my observation any original attack isn't god for it , because the fist aren't set in straight forward directory, or maybe I'm wrong again?)
And I still doesn't get any information about usage of IK solvers and chains in animating process.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/08/12 17:09)

#28 09/08/12 18:09

paradox-01

"from my observation any original attack isn't god for it , because the fist aren't set in straight forward directory"
Probably right.

"And I still doesn't get any information about usage of IK solvers and chains"
It seems you are the only modder here that is familiar with it.
So, maybe you can create animations with whatever but then save only the data oni can eat.
Would you mind linking me to a (xsi/modtool) file with IK solvers?

#29 09/08/12 20:09

Samer
Website

can u watch this and tell me how to improve on it ? (by that i mean tell me how xml wise :S ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2dtbwMA … e=youtu.be

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaPoC54tRH0

It's ok like that ..
but this is what i wanted to do but couldn't :

i wanted for the trail of the ball to be ninja's contrail .. however ninja's contrail is made of 2 particles .. it didn't accept both particles at same time .. or in other words i didn't know how to put them

i wanted the ball to be surrounded by electricity meaning i wanted ninja's "glow" particle to be attached to the yellow ball and move with it
originally the fireball itself (the spherical orange thing) is made of 2 particles :
p01 and p03 .. i tried to replace p03 with h2h_ninglow_p01 or h2h_ninglow_p02 or h2h_ninglow_e01 h2h_ninglow_e02  .. none worked .. they gave an error that it's different class ..

also .. see how sometimes if the enemy is close by it misses even though it's directly in front of it .. yet it homes a big circle and comes back to it .. i didn't know how to fix that ..

also in first video the 2nd elite it shouldn't be able to hit him .. i want it to stop homing for enemies out of vision field .. but if i disable homing it also doesn't hit near enemies either, it passes them by ..

Last edited by Samer (09/08/12 21:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#30 09/08/12 22:09

EdT
Website

Wow, Samer, you are making some good progress!   Sorry, I'm no help when it comes to particles.

#31 09/09/12 04:09

ltemplar

"also .. see how sometimes if the enemy is close by it misses even though it's directly in front of it .. yet it homes a big circle and comes back to it .. i didn't know how to fix that .."

Use code reserved for Scram cannon rocket(second particle not first this time)..there is a special flag that tell the engine how much it can rotate in aiming process (the angle thing - sett it low end then prt. shouldn't be so accurate at aiming the chars). That should help. But you pretty close to what you want . I personally  think that self aiming particles aren't the best choice here but thats only my opinion. Fill whatever you want that's your mod anyway.

And Samer .. watching the scram cannon rocket should give you the answer , how to create the god tail for your fire ball projectile i think.

To Paradox-01
You'd never rigged chars before? Inverse kinetic (in short IK) it's the basic in animating any char in today's standards. But still It can probably kill parenting thing witch Oni can read I fear .

If you want tutorial how to rig the char.. simply tap in the you tube "rigging+XSI+tutorial" there's tons of them on the net.

here is the link to it.
http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?pid=3455

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 04:09)

#32 09/09/12 04:09

Samer
Website

Hey Edt thanks, missed u those couple of days tongue
ltemplar yes there was an angle set here too my problem is when i decrease it too much, it misses characters who are near too .. I guess i'll have to find the right angle that balances both.
I disabled 'avoiding walls' so it doesn't home as much, what i think i want is to decrease it's lifetime so it dies before it can rotate and return .. But that may also make it die before reaching a farther enemy hmm

concerning self aiming particles, maybe true but without that it's hard or impossible to aim the particle properly as u know ..

Thanks for ur help smile

btw let's stay on topic with this thread : particles .. There's another thread for xsi and animation stuff .. As the discussion may also be beneficial for others viewing the xsi or animating thread.

Meanwhile ^_^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqipR6L3 … e=youtu.be

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 04:09)

#33 09/09/12 04:09

paradox-01

"If you want tutorial how to rig the char"
Nope, not yet. But thanks, might be handy later.
For now I just wanted a file for some tests.

Why wrong topic? 'Particle attacks' includes anims. smile

#34 09/09/12 05:09

Samer
Website

commenting on the videos i posted or the questions i asked is more on topic ^_^

#35 09/09/12 05:09

ltemplar

Ok..when i finish(and I'm pretty close) texturing konoko SWAT armor.. then i will rig one.. and then put this file here(for tests)..You need only rigged , or rigged and animated?
And maybe I found the solution for rigging problem. I don't know yet how the XSI can handle this, but we can ik chain existing bones(nothing fancy for or five chains could be enough(without , or witch becouse here thats will be no mater), When we finish animating char .. we can take bones in every important frame , and then set frames for them by hand(for itch frame individually like we do it todays). When finish remove all IK chains and helpers normally it will kill animation, but if we set all frames for every bone properly, then the animation for bones should stay intact. But as I seed before i need first test this(this could be the last hope for this method , if everything else wouldyn't be possible).

No.. You can create tree prts. One witch rely short time (aming prt). second one that straight forward(when aimed) end the last one attached to the third witch will be the tail. Thats why i tell you to look into Swarm cannon and its particles.. this is exactly how they make them.
And the fact, that it can miss near targets could be a good balancing solution, and force players to use normal H2H in close. Think about it.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 05:09)

#36 09/09/12 05:09

Samer
Website

i want to do the opposite i want it to not miss at close range and miss at long range .. i want to use it for rayman .. accurate at close range .. less accurate at long range ..

I'll look at the scram cannon .. though i'm not too eager to look at new ones since i've barely managed to understand the fireball ..

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 05:09)

#37 09/09/12 05:09

ltemplar

"I'll look at the scram cannon .. though i'm not too eager to look at new ones since i've barely managed to understand the fireball .."
yeh.. I know , but that will be exactly what you want.(set then aiming high end there will be no miss in close)
Some tip that can help you.. look at the linking in the end of the first scram cannon prt.. this should give you the idea.You only need to create another one(aiming )prt .. and make the second  as normal plasma projectile, and the last one(witch tail) link to the second one or to both. I guess, that you go as far as this witch your ability in modifying them (prts.).

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 05:09)

#38 09/09/12 05:09

Samer
Website

orr ... tongue once i release you can take a look at them and help me improve them big_smile
i miss making characters sad

What I'm trying to do now is find a second punch that can still orient the energy ball properly, so his 2 combo punch will shoot 2 balls 1 from each fist .. and a forward punch ..
ninjas p_p ..  red_p and Tanker_p  are good candidates .. As they are straightest punches .. but due to rayman's shape i guess and how big his fists are he keeps hitting himself .. in the end i might duplicate the Swat's_p and mirror it to the side .. (by p i mean punch)
for forward punch good candidates are ninja's 3rd punch and tanker's forward punch but also having same problems ..

i might also change the energy ball color and effect for each combo, and decrease the damage, right now it does 10 dmg ..
i also want him to be able to strafe left and right and shoot .. like when he's holding a pistol or rifle .. and to be able to throw energy balls when he jumps ..

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 06:09)

#39 09/09/12 07:09

ltemplar

If you want to have aiming screen of some sort then the only solution is to make this how I presented above.

-Firs prt. is for maiming(non doing dmg or impacting on anything). Its life time should be relative short.
-Second one should be your main prt.(linked to the first one witch infinite life time. impacting and dmg.
-The third one will be your tail prt. linked directly to the second one (no doing dmg. , only decorative).

doing this like that should give you effect like..shot prt. - get lite aiming on opposed char... then shot not aimed prt.(available to be avoided).From your decryption i guess that's what you looking for.
If you want it to strafe and aim, sorry I don't know how to do this yet (maybe aiming flag?) witch attack animation. Only wielding a pistol will be exactly what you want but thats requiring scripting(see paradox method).

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 07:09)

#40 09/09/12 07:09

Samer
Website

I'll do the strafe thing by editing TRAMs .. Turn the p tram into a running left punh and running right punch ..
The thing that i don't undersatnd yet is
Why not have the second particle aim directly .. Why does it need the first
now the e file has 1 particle that makes fist glow and second the p particle that shoots the fireball .. Then that p file has 2 particles for the actual fireball and 1 for the trail and 1 for impact ..
when u say first particle to aim .. Where will i put it ? In the e file or the first p file ? And how will i make it aim ?? What flag will it have .. Currently it has orient to velocity, i tired other flags they made it miss a lot .. And hostiles attractor, what i want is for it to home to the enemy in front meaning if enemy is right in front to the left for it to home, ie turn and hit .. But once it passes the enemy and becomes behind him, i don't want it to cirlce and return .. This is what i don't know how to do, maybe the scram cannon will help
i'm sorry i don't understand sad
can u give me an example in xml how the aiming particle will be like ? And how do u link the second 1 to it ? Using the link flag ? Or the has emitter flag

and the problem with the trail particle that the one i want to use is also made of  2 particles..  when i add the 2nd trail particle to the p file under the 1st trail particle it considers it a 4th particle for the impact or something ..  when i get electricity back if i post my xml files would u mind taking a look at them ?

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 07:09)

#41 09/09/12 09:09

ltemplar

Ok. when i finish my projects... then i create the base for this projectile (simply it will be to long to post every part of the xml to show where thous things are)
And the aiming particle its this particle that you have now..the second one will be this flaying straight forward(created).

Last edited by ltemplar (09/09/12 09:09)

#42 09/09/12 13:09

Samer
Website

do u know how i can make a particle knockdown the enemy when it hits them ? 
there is a damage type flag ut i can't find what are the possible options for damage type

edit: ok compared it to mercury bow it's damage type 4 .. trying to figure out the vdg stun now ..

Last edited by Samer (09/09/12 14:09)

#43 09/09/12 14:09

ltemplar

Yes you can.. but you need to set knockdown dmg. in minimum 1 or higher too.

#44 09/10/12 15:09

Samer
Website

Ltemplar on ur dark future thread .. U said you have goggles and special eye pieces as particles .. i'm just curious how do you position the particles to a specific part of the face ?
u've also said before that u don't know how to make particle still connected to fist but move it in xyz .. Can't u use same method u use to position particle on face to position particle outside fist ?

#45 09/10/12 15:09

EdT
Website

#46 09/10/12 15:09

ltemplar

No.. i can't.. the reason is rely simple...The visors thing is a model attached directly to the head.. its coordinates(like weapons) are strictly the same as the coordinates of the head(I put exactly the same center for it). That was created in the 3d modeling program.
The prt. that i want to use for firing must be attached directly to the hand center, and can't be changed in the 3d program(at the moment I don't see the possibility to add prt. emitter in 3d program..i posted this problem earlier so maybe someone who is working on improving onisplit will consider to look into it).
So we can only add prt. to hand (or other existing bone), but because emitter is a point in the space not an object..I can't set his center in any way. I can do something like that in weapon (because there is transformation matrix thing) but I don't see ability in doing that for emitter.
If you found the way how to do this then post here the xml code then.I will definitely look into it.

EdT.. this I believe is the way to make a object by script. What I propose is to make them by simply adding to the character bone as prt.(adding to every move- time consuming i know but worth it.) One thing what i read in the tutorial is confusing me. It's seed there that when used by daodan effect it will "hide" prt. , but the konoko glasses work in different way. Why?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/10/12 16:09)

#47 09/10/12 22:09

Samer
Website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-LKJkk … e=youtu.be

what might be the final version of the energy balls ..
for other characters they will be more balanced ..
but i'll use same concept for :
Apollo : launches energy balls with different effects ..
BGI shocker : shoots electricity
BGI bat : flies and shoots lasers
updated jubei and akane: throw ninja stars ..
might use it for jester : he launches a holographic scary face at you, which follows you around ..

#48 09/11/12 02:09

ltemplar

Quite nice.

One thing :
I don't see him staffing , and shotting fireballs(but i can be blind  off course)
BGI Bat concept is quite intriguing. How you want to create it..
-As normal laser(shot straight-like rail gun),
-Shot, bend the ray, and burn many places (like Barabbas gun),
-or homing on the target and fallow him (like now).

#49 09/11/12 06:09

Samer
Website

Well first they're energy balls, and it's strafing tongue i couldn't make him run sideways  and shoot at same time without making a new animation on xsi which i don't have time for right now .. So instead he runs sideways and if u press punch he stops for some milliseconds, shoots and then continues running, which is also good i think ..
Now i also decreased the lifetime of the balls and increased the dodging radius a bit so there's less unreasonable homing ..

for the bgi bat .. The name may be off, it's gonna be a female cyborg that has wings .. (i'll use the hydra model i made   the glider wings konoko uses in beginning of atmospheric exterior )
For the lasers .. No idea yet, it will depend on what i'll be able to do by then with particles.. Or how much help i'll get .. The bigger challenge will be making her fly properly ..  it's at the bottom of the list right now cz i have many other characters and the mega pack to finish first.

#50 09/11/12 11:09

ltemplar

"The bigger challenge will be making her fly properly ..  " You mean vertical flay? or fly as EdT sentry droid(only visual effect)?In the second case, if this suits you I can help witch fly animation(it will be relatively easy one).but you must first defined me witch animation you want to replace: Jumping one, or dashing?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/11/12 11:09)

Board footer