Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/05/12 23:09

Lithium

How was your break?

For those who had breaks, or maybe not anything at all, how was summer for you guys? Since it's September a lot of people are returning to school and well it's nearing fall!

Also how do you change your name again?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 09/06/12 00:09

TheCreature

Re: How was your break?

Well, I spent my summer dating my beautiful girlfriend, attending funerals, and organizing family reunions.

And slacking on my gaming and forum-lurking.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#3 09/06/12 08:09

Samer
Website

Half of it was studying for and taking the offical exam for pharmacy .. The other half was just hanging around waiting for the electric power to come back so i could watch some tv and mod Oni ..
Now as the fall is starting, it feels weird to not be going to school or college for first time, since ever .. I'll have to find a job soon, so far that's not going so well.

oxe for the name only Harry can change it for u, he changed it for me when i asked before from samoko to samer.

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 08:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 09/06/12 10:09

Lithium

Best of luck with finding a job Samer. smile

TheCreature wrote:

And slacking on my gaming and forum-lurking.

Lol perhaps it might be a good time to catch up soon? big_smile

#5 09/06/12 10:09

TheCreature

Definitely.  I'm gonna be getting a new copy of Oni, so I can play it on my new computer.  Tell me, have any good mods come out since I was on last?

And I hope the job-hunt goes well for you Samer.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#6 09/06/12 10:09

Lithium

Too many good mods v.v

#7 09/06/12 12:09

Iritscen

As I like to point out, from on top of my "living in the adult world" high horse, I don't get summer breaks smile  Or vacation time.  But I spent the summer doing my usual impractical thing, working for money as little as possible and working on Oni the rest of the time.  I did get to catch up on a couple games that came out a few years ago, so that was nice.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 09/06/12 13:09

Samer
Website

Thanks Alan and Nathan smile
you can check the authorative mod directrory to see what was released .. Most notibely casey version 4 which uses the sounds u made is out, you may want to see how they turned out ^_^ and EdT's awesome China Mod Level, and Boss Battle Level and my Character Retexture package for some eye candy .. (besides some new characters, golden tctf, casual tankers, blackops konoko)

ouh Iritscen I wanted to use those few months to catch up on some games too, but the stupid electricity didn't give me that chance.. I don't want to go on that hourse yet tongue sad but I guess .. Making money is .. well necessary so there's no escape tongue huh hmm .. When yo first got a job btw was it too hard to get used to it ?

#9 09/06/12 14:09

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

but I guess .. Making money is .. well necessary so there's no escape

It's necessary, but it's nice if you can find something that you enjoy doing.  I've found that, at least after a decade+ in the same career, it's basically sucking the life out of me, so maybe I should have picked something that was more exciting to me.

When yo first got a job btw was it too hard to get used to it ?

No, it wasn't hard, but maybe because I started out working part time smile  It was harder to learn to work with other people than anything.  I do find it hard to work full time, though, hence why I spend as little time at work as I need in order to pay the bills and devote the rest of my time to my hobby.  But when you do something you enjoy, and work with decent people, a full-time job isn't unpleasant.

#10 09/06/12 20:09

Samer
Website

Mmm, i don't think I picked something I like .. I majored pharmacy while I'm really passionate about computers sad I wanted to do something with computers first, but also loved biology and chemistry, and thought pharmacy would pay better, and my parents discouraged the computer, cz at that time there weren't many job oppurtinities for a compter major in my country ..)

now imagining that I'll sit in a pharmacy all day selling meds isn't very exciting, I have another option of working as a medical representitive for medicine companies, but I really hate that, though it pays the most, It's not at all what I want to do ...
I hoped to teach pharmacology at university, cz I really love to teach, but I'll need to continue masters then ph.D and I can't afford that right now .. Though i know i can teach right now better than some professors that taught us .. hmm we had some professors that were really incompetant to say the least, I would then study from sources on my own and then have group sessions where I explain them to my classmates cz no one understood what the professor said .. He didn't even understand what he was saying tongue ..
So I'm searching for a job as chemistry/biology teacher at schools, but not finding anything especially since I don't have previous 'experience' teaching hmm .. I did private tutoring for ages at school and at university, but employers presume that cz I lack experience then I can't do it :@ as if experience is something you're born with.

I'll probably end up as a pharmacy assistant or go back to tutoring.

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 20:09)

#11 09/06/12 20:09

Iritscen

Well, maybe that can be your goal then, working towards being a teacher.  I've been thinking about teaching some day myself.  You might be able to save up money for attending night classes on the side.  Anyway, a lot of people end up doing something different than what they first went to school for, so you have plenty of time to try different things.  At least you're starting off with something that's a practical skill (as opposed to liberal arts smile) and that you can make money with.  Relative to your expenses, you'll never make more money in your life than you're going to make in your first few years working.

Board footer