Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 09/05/12 07:09

paradox-01

Re: Oni_Dark Future_TC

Uhm, let's see...
The file looks a bit crowded.
In my experience onisplit works best if there no subroots or null objects.
In Schematic [9] you should see only the character meshes.
Make sure you have correct center rotation for the meshes.
Right-click a body part, then you will see "B:pelvis" as selection.
Activate "Selection Only" in the export setting.

#27 09/05/12 08:09

EdT
Website

model_comparison.jpg
Blue model yours, grey model original Konoko

From what I can see, your model rotated 90 degrees.  Also, even though you have named the body parts correctly, there is a child element  _PIVOT for each part.

P.S. I'm using a Mac 3D program to look at your dae smile

#28 09/05/12 08:09

ltemplar

hmm.. strange. So the source of this error must be thous strange added pivots. I will try to remove them...

Btw. why the rotation in your program look like this? In my XSI its shown correctly...Rely strange.

Do I need delete all rotations/scaling before exporting? Or they can be as there are now?

And thanks.

Some progress..

Well something changed.. now i had almost proper model .. but its rotations still are wired(from meat box it evolved to shoulder less konoko).

And it looks like this(don't look in to that wired textures placement. It is like this because, before i put proper textures on it I need the working model first):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 … eview.jpg/

And on the bottom view from XSI

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40 … iview.jpg/

Blue is mine , the gray is the model imported from the game for comparison.

Maybe this will be more helpful in understanding whats going on.

The latest modified dae format of my model..

http://www.mediafire.com/?qbblhafwz5vc5yh

BTW. The img. tag is not working for me..

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 11:09)

#29 09/05/12 13:09

paradox-01

"Why the rotation in your program look like this?" If you mean me than the answer is "for better overview".

"Do I need delete all rotations/scaling before exporting? Or they can be as there are now?"
It simply appear to not work with those green nulls.
I tried to import both of your files. According to the tests, you are one step away from importing the char correctly. onisplit is very strict with the names. Maybe a bug. I wonder if it works better on Mac side.
Take the second model you posted here and remove all "-node_PIVOT" from the mesh names, then it should work.

#30 09/05/12 14:09

ltemplar

Now i simply don't understand anymore this program

I found what causing error(well I was hoping so). I parent the shoulders to neck(before it was parented to chest - my mistake)
But now (everything should be correct .. but isn't.. now model is rotated like this :
-arms witch chest head , etc in 180 degrees
- legs in up
only pelvis look as it should.. what I done wrong this time?

I will put this time dae and XSI files.
Perhaps this will shown this time, what is causing this stupid error.

Dae file
http://www.mediafire.com/?fkw6pw14nc7wzc1

XSI file
http://www.mediafire.com/?w7k51nhgxecuhtv

And i name this time everything as it should be.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 14:09)

#31 09/05/12 14:09

paradox-01

"what is causing this stupid error"
I've no idea.
Works over here. Ready TRBS oni file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/139715/temp/ocf/ltemplar.zip

There's something I would like to know.
When I import the xsi (*.exp) file, there's a red "D" next to the meshes in the Schematic.
What's its meaning? Sometimes there's also an red "A" in my files.

#32 09/05/12 14:09

Samer
Website

paradox that appears when u freeze scaling or rotation ..

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#33 09/05/12 15:09

ltemplar

Yes.. I always reset(not freeze), models that are finished (from experience).

Thanks it works...But it's not answering the question . why i have this error..
It will be rely unfortunate , when I will be forced to annoyingly asking for converting every model...

I must figure out what's wrong..and i will

Working konoko in game

konokofemarmorworkingam.jpg

I must correct skin color on hands and on the neck.. but rest look ok.

BTW.How i can make this IMG tag to work?
Not actual thanks to Samer i get it

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 17:09)

#34 09/05/12 16:09

Samer
Website

probably the resetting thing ^_^
I've never used that option and they always convert fine .. You should only freeze scaling, not translation or rotation.
btw which onisplit version you're using ?

Last edited by Samer (09/05/12 16:09)

#35 09/05/12 16:09

ltemplar

I'm using the newest 0.9.61.0 version(downloaded from the depot)

The rotation and translations are not frozen. Only reseted(to remove scaling importing errors with i had when for example i was importing weapons)

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 16:09)

#36 09/05/12 16:09

Samer
Website

Mm ok .. Conver the trbs paradox gave you to dae .. Import it into xsi and then convert it again to TRBS .. Does it work ?

Try to compare the resulting dae and the one you have ..

again double check that when you're exporting you're only exporting the 19 parts, no scene root or camera or light with it ..

About the image tag u'll put the image link between (img)...(/img) replace () with [] .. The image link should end with jpg .. Urs for example ends with jpg/ won't work

i use picasa web albums free also, if u want give it a try there's an easy option after u upload the image to get the image link in different sizes

btw konoko looks great in the screenshot .. I'm happy u used Severed's face texture, and I must admit I'm usually against changing konoko's original outfit but this looks really good smile

#37 09/05/12 17:09

ltemplar

Well if you like her new outfit i can post here link to the model end to the textures.

BTW. How i can export something from XSI (like character for example) and not exporting the rest?

Do i need special command for that, or i can simply remove them from the scene?
Not actual

#38 09/05/12 17:09

EdT
Website

BTW. How i can export something from XSI (like character for example) and not exporting the rest?

See post #26 of this thread, paradox answered that question smile

#39 09/05/12 17:09

Samer
Website

Yeah u can delete the other stuff, camera, sceneroot, light .. Sometimes if they don't get deleted cut them, then delete them .. Or before u export the dae select the 19 parts manually then open the crosswalk export box but before u click export there's a second tab, where there are many options choose selection only .. That way only the 19 parts are exported ..

Last edited by Samer (09/05/12 23:09)

#40 09/05/12 17:09

ltemplar

Ohh.. i must miss that one

Thanks.

Here I post the link to her new outfit(only files not package), if somebody want to take a look.

Tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lwt4b4os9m8298d

#41 09/05/12 23:09

Samer
Website

looks real good smile like u said u just need to adjust the fist and neck .. and if u want and still have the original pelvis texture u made u can use it as size 512 instead of 256 just to help show the details on the gun holster and ammo pockets a bit more.
(make sure u check Large in the gui when exporting)

EDIT : Also just noticed that the neck is a bit big for the head, the head isn't centered on it .. if u want u can use the neck from any other konoko outfit .. cut neck from another konoko outfit, parent it to the head in ur outfit and parent the chest to it, remove the neck from ur outfit, and make sure everything is named correcty .. Neck not neck2 and then check the neck texture .. (it's easy) .. the head neck juncture is always annoying , so I always use the neck that originally belonged to that head.

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 01:09)

#42 09/06/12 05:09

ltemplar

Hmm .. thats strange because neck belongs to her original outfit.Maybe i will scaled it down, end then everything will be ok.

I stated working on her new outfit. I called it espionage or should I say undercover...tell me what you think (not all parts are textured yet)

The black one

konokoespionageoutfitte.jpg

The red one

konokoespionageoutfitte.jpg

Witch one is better?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/06/12 16:09)

#43 09/06/12 06:09

Samer
Website

both images are same tongue but i like the red anyway without seeing the black .. she'll look hot in red .. especially the red jacket one .. not so sure about the other one though

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 06:09)

#44 09/06/12 06:09

ltemplar

well if you look much closer you will see that this is exactly the same jacket. The difference is that one is open end the second one is closed.
Its classic anime style clothes for the casual , or for the undercover work wardrobe.

I started making her casual outfits , because i think if you want to sent someone for spying, or detective work in the city is rely stupid to send it in military clothes, or armors.More logical will be wearing something not so different from others. The closed variant is for cold walk, and the second one will be presented when undercover lose her cover , and she will be in the heat of action. It could be also her replacement outfit for  her investigation in regional state building ,( maybe even change in hairs department ). It will be more logical to goes there, ass not suspicious looking babe, rather than almost armored terrorist (com one , her IQ is 220 if I remember description . wearing glasses is everything that she can cook up?)

Another good think about this is that, in the future( different jacket , pants , etc) can help in recreating thous poor civilians (everyone wear almost the same clothes - Equilibrium syndrome or what?).

Last edited by ltemplar (09/06/12 06:09)

#45 09/06/12 06:09

Samer
Website

ok now that u changed the screenshot i still like the red one tongue .. but mm are u sure it's the same jacket tongue it looks to me like 1 is re-textured jacket outfit and the other is the retextured brown armor thing she wears in first tctf hq and dream lab .. the shoulder pad shape is different and if it was only closed it wouldn't become longer tongue (which is ok too but not the same) therefore i like the open jacket one .. u could combine the 2 and make her  wearing that open jacket one but the mid not showing ie longer grey shirt underneath the jacket.
mm I wouldn't change too much of the original .. hair color for example .. the point is she's not afraid .. however if u could make her a jacket with a hoddie for example tongue that would look cool and make sense ^_^
skater-hoodie.jpg

for the civilians .. i tired to re-texture them in the character retexture pack u can use the face textures i made for them if u want
SNAG-0154.jpg
SNAG-0155.jpg
.. for the clothes I was hoping someone would further update them, there are 9 female and 6 male civilians... however keep in mind they share a lot of texture files between each other and they also have only 5 texture files for the 19 body parts .. only 1 texture file for the pelvis, thighs, calfs and feet, another for chest another for neck,wrists, and biceps and 1 for head and 1 for fists, so it might be hard to fit more details,  if u want to make each one unique you'd have to do some TRMA modification as well .. but I really hope u do update their clothes textures big_smile ! some ties some beautiful sweaters for the females .. more variety would be great smile

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 06:09)

#46 09/06/12 07:09

ltemplar

"mm I wouldn't change too much of the original .. hair color for example .. the point is she's not afraid .. however if u could make her a jacket with a hoddie for example  that would look cool and make sense ^_^"

Hood? Nooo... this will look even more suspicious. Imagine what she will say to the guardian."hello i come here for.......what?"
Making here blond witch lite cuts here and there will be looking more believable(and aye candy).That way she will be looking more, that she come there to see someone(for date maybe?). More like "normal" people. less  like "I'm konoko. Super deadly "daodan" open up or i will burn this place to ashes". Remember, she goes there to found out something about herself. Wearing something less suspicious is more logical in this case.

Her plan could be something like this. Create false identity. Get a contact there(maybe a date?). Get what she need . Go of without bringing to herself more attention that she want. In safe place open data. She simply can't suspect that .. some vied nija(a hacker ass she primary coled him) get there and kill the guardian on here eyes(And practically killing her plan for good).
If not. More logical will be to go there by roof top, or by vent, or underground tunnel.. than going by front door. This is huge flaw(one from many) that making this story so naive in some places. And showing only that KONOKO is brainless being rather than intelligent (as description says) woman

Last edited by ltemplar (09/06/12 07:09)

#47 09/06/12 07:09

Samer
Website

so you'll have her as a blonde in the regional state building and then the rooftops :\ ? (cz of course her hair won't magically become purple as the 2 levels are connected) mmm I don't personally like that idea but it's your mod. fighting mukade with her all blonde and dressed up would feel strange ..
weird place for a date don't u think. then the entire level she won't have to fight if she was disguised that well .. the entire level would be she walking around.
with that logic then why not have her disguised as a fury in the compound .. and as a female cop in the tctf HQ redux .. and as blackops lite in the SC prison .. It's Oni not Alias tongue
But as I said it's your mod, do whatever you like smile

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 07:09)

#48 09/06/12 08:09

ltemplar

"So you'll have her as a blonde in the regional state building and then the rooftops :\ ? (cz of course her hair won't magically become purple as the 2 levels are connected) mmm I don't personally like that idea but it's your mod."

If i remember correctly Fighting witch Mukade is not something that she wanted to to(only to get the data back).And it's raining so her blond color could be flushed of.

"weird place for a date don't u think. then the entire level she won't have to fight if she was disguised that well .. the entire level would be she walking around."

I sad that she come there to met someone(dating cold be only excuse to get there)- maybe the person(a friend?))witch is working there.There is a lot of possibilities. And why she fight? Because Mukade kill that guardian and because she was the only person on the crime scene thats why she automatically become the suspect. The guardian seed "don't move a muscle or I'll shot" Not "Konoko stop" (or other sentence). This means that he have no clue who she is. He run there spot dead body of his tam mate .. and then next spot her sterning at the body..In this situation what this Guardian can fink about? Stop and arrest the suspect. This is how I interpreted that scene.

"with that logic then why not have her disguised as a fury in the compound"
-Because she is angry ,and first she need a fury clothes to pose like one of them"

"and as a female cop in the tctf HQ redux"
-Finger prints, DNA readers, etc, others that can recognize her(she used to work there for rely long time not to motion her fighting when the TCTF HQ was raided by syndicate)....In one word to much work in short time to bay pas all that security (she need to stop Muro remember?).Thats why she chose entering there by roof directly to met witch Griffin in person. Bay passing few snipers is much easier than all this security that I mentioned earlier.Don't you think?

The flaws in the story are:

When she learned about attack on TCTF HQ?
When she learned about Stomregun project?
Why she suspect BGI to be behinds all this mess(BGI level someone?)- because she need any clue to go there. Putting BGI level to the story without connecting logically to it is nonsense in my opinion.

etc.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/06/12 09:09)

#49 09/06/12 09:09

Samer
Website

Griffin also says we know she would want to know about her past, and we'll be ready for her .. So changing her hair color just to somehow show she's smart .. And either way the guard as u said doesn't recognize her and will fight her anyway .. For me changing something so unique about the way she looks isn't something i like. But as i said it's ur mod and u're free to do the changes u want u don't have to convince me, i respect ur opinion and vision but i'll also keep my personal opinion.

Bgi level is something the AE team is slowly working on I believe..
how exactly would u connect to it logically .. Stroy wise .. I agree it's not mentioned enough, but that's because they cut it out of the game before release.

p.s when ur comment is directly under mine, u don't need to re-quote me tongue

#50 09/06/12 09:09

paradox-01

If you want information on BGI ask Iritscen, he has two google docs floating around.

Board footer