Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/23/12 11:08

ltemplar

Oni_Dark Future_TC

This is my first mod posted here.

Its only 2 weeks work in free time (mostly of it I reserve for another mod called NEP - for Earth 2160).

Whats about:
This mod is attempt in creating more believable ONI , where strikers, TCTF agents , guardians , etc will be more than prepared for your arrival.
New weapons are not added to level characters yet.)

This mod works the best with:
-Better weapons
-Upgraded ONCC

Not recommended mods to play with:
-Titan mod(If you have death wish)
-All mods that change strikers textures
-Andarashi h2h system( DF uses it's own heavily modified version of it)

Current state:
Alpha:

content:

Moded levels:
-Warehouse,
-Musashi manufacture plant,
-Laboratory,
-Airport levels(first and the second part),
-TCTF headquarters,
-Rescue the shinatama levels(both parts).

Weapons(you can use them from dev console tap "the day is mine" and then cycle by them using F7 buton) :

-w41_smg
-w41_smg_s(silenced version)
-w42_LMG
-W42_LMG_S(with silencer)
-w43_sht(shotgun)
-w44_sr_a(assault rifle)
-w45_sas(sniper rifle)
-w46_hmg(heavy machine gun)

The last two guns are only for show purposes(models)
-w47_ra( 4x barrel rocket luncher)
-w48_pls(my new plasma rifle)

-New experimental textures for strikers (replacement for green blue end red strikers uniforms).

Copyright issue:

All models ,textures, etc are free for use.

Dowload:
From mediafire
hxxp://wxw.mediafire.com/?dkfod3jw9lbsdn5

Replace x-es with correct ones.

Installment:

Unpack(i used 7zip)
put unpacked folder into your Edition ->Install->packages directory
lunch EA installer
chouse ONI_Dark_Future_TC install
Lunch ONI
Enjoy the mod.

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (03/02/13 07:03)

#2 08/23/12 13:08

EdT
Website

Re: Oni_Dark Future_TC

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to trying out your mod.

#3 08/23/12 13:08

Knox

Just tried out your mod. Pretty cool, in my opinion. I like the shotgun smile.
EDIT: Likin' the weapons in your mod. But is it possible to ad a new sound for the shotgun to make it sound more, um, shotgunny?

Last edited by Knox (08/23/12 18:08)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#4 08/23/12 14:08

s10k
Website

Looks interesting I'll try this for sure. And welcome to the forum.

#5 08/23/12 16:08

Samer
Website

Tried it out smile definitely impressive .. you have shown us to multi-talented in this mod 
the new weapons really look great !
I do hope u make some of them have different shooting mods though, cz i've felt that they all shoot the same (?), make some of them energy weapons maybe :$ ?
Really liked the modified sbg and scram cannon big_smile

the strikers textures are interesting too, though i didn't recognize the hard ones thought they are easy ones cz the new textures for hard ones look like the original easy ones, color wise tongue

some suggestions. to maximize compatibility with other mods, later on, make another package 10101 maybe that only adds weapons without modifying levels nor textures, and another one 10102 that only modifies textures without weapons or levels .. that way if someone wants only the weapons they can have that option smile

welcome again to the forum looking forward to seeing more of from you big_smile ! it's been a while that we've had new modders .. glad you've joined smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 08/24/12 10:08

EdT
Website

I liked this combo:

darkfutureweapon.jpg

We welcome your modding skills, look forward to more of your 3D and graphic work.

#7 09/03/12 17:09

ltemplar

Thanks for all your feedback.

Sorry for so late respond, but i have many thing's in RL that i must take care first.

Regarding to your's posts I must clarify some things:

1)TC (in the end of the title)- means the total conversion. In short all modified part's must be added to it because witch out them the mod will not be complied as whole.

2)Textures for the strikers as - I wrote in the beginning of this topic - are putted for experiment. Later I will add more proper and better looking version of them.

3)I simply don't know how modify the sound files yet (that's why shotgun has this pity sound).

4)I can't agree with Samer statement, that all weapons work the same. Their have for example: different ammo load out, dmg , firing ranges, bullet spread , fire repetition, etc.

I believe that this will show what I'm trying to do.

Things that i will add to the mod(i hope so) for the next release:

-New female armor(konoko, fem cops)with will be more matching to the rest of the TCTF - something like SWAT(strike) or TCTF lite(casual- riot police?) armor.
-New color/texture scheme for the TCTF- less shining more military, mixed with futuristic police- for the standard officers(Black ops. look ok in my opinion).
-New weapons added to all levels(not only to the dev. mode)
-Changes in enemy AI:
  *more responding to gun fire - if AI will hear firing, it will start looking for the source of it
  *different alarm behavior(if alarm is set AI will be more preprepared for Enemy(player) coming)
  *IF Ai saw the death bodies of their comrades wil be more aware of player existence(start alarm , call for feedback, etc)? - if possible
  *Ability to panic AI?- if possible

I also plan :

-Adding new more robotic characters like:
-mobile and stationary turrets
-robotic soldiers
-flying robotic cameras(perfect for alarm behavior)
-WGC military(soldiers, robots, tanks(i believe i know how add them)
-tctf/syndicate mobile armors.
-Heavy military cyborgs/robots.

Bigger modification of H2H system:
-Adding new combat animations
-adding new attacks
-adding counters- if possible
-New throws?
-better escaping moves(Wat we have now , are relay weak end useless- in my opinion)
-etc

What i am working now:

-weapons(models sounds, ammunition)- mini gun, antitank cannon, heavy rail gun, heavy rocket luncher, etc
-new armors(fem cops strikers, furies ,etc)
-new animations(for example new konoko KKK and KKFK combo)
-Mobile armors(models done textures 50% , animation- mix tctf swat with elites)
-Tanks, VOLTS, etc( god for custom map/mission projects  )

What I only want to know.

-Maximum texture resolution (1024x1024 or more)
-What I need, to put the new characters into the game (I am more asking how to export them from the XSI without errors)
-Can i add shooting particles to the characters(something like integrated machine gun to the character - when entering proper animation state it will fire the particles - perfect for making some heavy military bots that will have integrated weapons in theirs armors).And the second question regarding animation.Can I Aim in the attack state , or this is not possible?
-Is there possibility that characters can holster more than one weapon?If yes, how?

Thats all for now

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/03/12 17:09)

#8 09/03/12 17:09

Iritscen

I can't answer all your questions, but maximum texture resolution is basically 512x512.  I assume that shooting particles can be added to animations because that's essentially what Mukade does with the Devil Star, as well as the other Daodan-powered attacks in the game, but I haven't learned about that myself.  And yes, Virginia, characters can holster two weapons: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=779

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 09/03/12 18:09

ltemplar

Well that was quick.

I know that original characters can holster two weapons,(added by dev mode by F7), but you can't(as the player) have holster one weapon and then pick up another one from the ground, because doing this will only causing in drooping the first one(holster or not). What I relay want to get is to having one in holster(whatever pistol or rifle), and the second one in the hands, with I taken a moment ago from the ground or disarmed foe.

Hmm.. strange but my heavy machine gun have texture in resolution 1024x1024 , and i see no problems in porting it or looking on it in the game. Are you relay sure that 512x512 is the maximum?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/03/12 18:09)

#10 09/03/12 18:09

Knox

Hey Templar, about the shotgun sounds, I hope you don't mind, I was screwing around with the shotgun's SNDD and OBSD the other day, and managed to get it to sound like an SBG Explosion when fired if that helps.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#11 09/03/12 18:09

ltemplar

I don't Mind.

But in my opinion better will be to download the free shot gun sound files , end then convert it to oni red format , rather than adding SBG explosion. But ass I wrote in the first post - feel free to mod.

#12 09/03/12 21:09

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

1)TC (in the end of the title)- means the total conversion. In short all modified part's must be added to it because witch out them the mod will not be complied as whole.

mm ok but i still think u can please more tastes if u made 1 package that only modifies weapons and 1 that only modifies characters IN ADDITION to the TC one. You'll give the user more freedom of choice, if someone doesn't want to change characters for example they may not try ur mod at all.

I can't agree with Samer statement, that all weapons work the same. Their have for example: different ammo load out, dmg , firing ranges, bullet spread , fire repetition, etc.

mm i didn't notice all that, for me they seemed they all shot bullets .. Still hope u'd make some energy weapons too, it's starting to feel too counter strike imo tongue

New female armor(konoko, fem cops)with will be more matching to the rest of the TCTF - something like SWAT(strike) or TCTF lite(casual- riot police?) armor.

check my 2 topics Blackopskonoko and female cops, and Bozzman's TCTF Addition. If u want u can use the blackops armor i made with leucha's HD konoko textures. Bozzman's TCTF Addition also adds different color schemed light tctf maybe it could be helpful.

-mobile and stationary turrets

check EdT's 'guard dogs' mod .. Something like that ?

-flying robotic cameras(perfect for alarm behavior)

check EdT's 'Sentry Droid' mod .. I think it will be very useful.

-WGC military(soldiers, robots, tanks(i believe i know how add them)
-tctf/syndicate mobile armors.
-Heavy military cyborgs/robots.

cool

-Adding new combat animations

if u're good with animation, there are a bunch of characters that need them wish u could help me with them sometime sad

-adding new attacks

if u mean attack types like for example 4 kick combo then that's not possible currently to my knowledge nor adding new attack hittypes. (hitjewels, hitfoot ouch)

-New throws?

again if u're good with animations maybe u can help us make new throws .. For example for the BGI agents i wanted to make a throw similar to Elite, (where he grabs u by the neck and punches u sending u flying) but instead the agent will grab target in place (not lift) and punch repeatedly (kinda like tanker's knee grab throw) and the targe will fall down in place ..
for the hydra for example i wanted to make a throw where she carries target, jumps high and drops it to the ground forcefully, for the BGI trooper he would grab target raise above it's head and then forcefully crash it to the ground.
with throws u need to remember u have to modify 2 animations 1 for thrower, 1 for target .. I personally found throws to be most difficult to animate .. Something about having to rotate each frame 180 degrees for the target (or something like that, it was discussed on making new trams thread)

-better escaping moves(Wat we have now , are relay weak end useless- in my opinion)

if u mean other characters besides konoko then I agree, reason is konoko's escape moves are semi vulnerable, ( in the TRAM in xml there's a window of invulnerability) while for other characters example comguys, strikers the escape moves are fully vulnerable. Don't know if u notice if konoko gets hit while doing the back cartsweel the hit is blocked, while if a striker is back rolling and gets hit the hit connects .. I meant to add some invulnerabilty to the TRAMs of escape moves of other characters but never got to it (however for my custom characters i do use semivulnerable escape moves instead of fully vulnerable)
.. If u're interested that could be an easy way to improve the escape moves just setting invulnerability to a couple of frames .. For konoko i feel her escape moves are good enough.

-new animations(for example new konoko KKK and KKFK combo)

ouh why does konoko get to have all the moves sad while some characters aren't released cz the need moves .. See female BGI Boss thread .. May i use ur animations once u release them for other characters tongue ? Pretty please.

-Maximum texture resolution (1024x1024 or more)

as Iritscen said 512x512 for characters, I personally tried 1024 for characters at 1 time and it didn't work. And no one changed the engine since then to my knowledge .. Even with 512 textures the game for some users sometimes lag, so my advice except if u're adding a lot of detail use 256, Severed textures which look great use 256 ..
i personally use 512 for chest, head and pelvis, 256 for other parts, and 128 for foot and fist.

Iam more asking how to export them from the XSI without errors)

that will need some trial and error .. You'll find some tutorials on exporting character models successfully on the forum and on the wiki .. There's a sticky in the modifications thread that lists all avialable tutorials.
But some additional things to remember :
the lower polycount the better, it's said that max limit is 2048 polygon/ body part but it's also advised to not exceed half 1024.. And we've had problems with models that even used lower polys than 1024, check 'Konoko HD problem discussion' thread started by me .. I advise u to use 900-1000 poly range/body part as max .. Remember the lower the better ..
models should be triangulated, no quads or 5 sided polys..
models should be 19 parts and parts named and parented correctly and centers set properly .
Merging objects with body parts, (example the katana i merged with tctf light chest to make hayate's new black outfit) requires a work around where u converT the model to fbx and then to dae..
U could import a model from oni as dae (convert trbs to dae using onisplit) and view it in xsi to see how things should be.

-Can i add shooting particles to the characters(something like integrated machine gun to the character - when entering proper animation state it will fire the particles - perfect for making some heavy military bots that will have integrated weapons in theirs armors).

i'm currently trying to do that .. Make a BGI shocker which soots electricity from his hands and another that shoots plasma .. U can see what others know abt it on that thread .. And i'll keep updating it as i discover that area.

And the second question regarding animation.Can I Aim in the attack state , or this is not possible?

mm not sure .. U mean while shooting the particle if character can aim it ? I don't think so, however u can maybe aim the animation itself automatically .. There's a DoAim flag in the TRAM not sure if it will help, and u can have the particle get attracted to targets without aiming ..

Good luck smile

#13 09/03/12 21:09

EdT
Website

Hmm.. strange but my heavy machine gun have texture in resolution 1024x1024 , and i see no problems in porting it or looking on it in the game. Are you relay sure that 512x512 is the maximum?

If you are using the Mac Intel Beta, then you can use 1024x1024 smile  However, anyone on a PC will crash with that size texture.

#14 09/04/12 03:09

ltemplar

Well EdT I'm on PC and experienced no crash(all others weapons for the other hand has 256x256 texture resolution- end few(not visible in game but models and textures are there have 512x512).So I relay don't know what you are talking about.

Yes I can animate..If you know one program , it's almost like you know all of them(of course they have some changes in calling specific functions, but in general they are the same).So if we are in this mater...Do ONI engine can handle IK-solvers,chains and other helping tools, or this will cause brake in the parenting issue?Animating single boons isn't problem at all , but it's relay time consuming(and there are always problems witch rotating issue..if you animate rotation you will know what I'm talking about.).

Responding to samer question.
What animation you need?I can create animation for you  but I still learning how export it to the game. So i Can send new animation that i create in XSI read format .. but rest will be up to you to punting them where you need.

"ouh why does konoko get to have all the moves  while some characters aren't released cz the need moves .. See female BGI Boss thread .. May i use ur animations once u release them for other characters  ? Pretty please."

Well it's because her KKK combo in my opinion is slow as hell (even in real life).So thats why.

"f u mean other characters besides konoko then I agree, reason is konoko's escape moves are semi vulnerable, ( in the TRAM in xml there's a window of invulnerability)"

I'm not talking about invulnerability.In my opinion escape move should be quick(blink in the eye) rather than rolling in different directions. Something that will gave you possibility to evade attack end take quick distance from the attacker. Maybe some acrobatic for the lighter characters and simply jump off for heavier?Will see.

"gain if u're good with animations maybe u can help us make new throws .. For example for the BGI agents i wanted to make a throw similar to Elite, (where he grabs u by the neck and punches u sending u flying) but instead the agent will grab target in place (not lift) and punch repeatedly (kinda like tanker's knee grab throw) and the targe will fall down in place .."Well i look into Elite throw and then i will see what I can cook from it.

" I advise u to use 900-1000 poly range/body part as max .. Remember the lower the better ..
models should be triangulated, no quads or 5 sided polys.." If you mean one body part then yes. I'm not relay fan of HD characters in 10-yer old engines.More than that it will be better, to gave into it dynamic lighting and shadows, rather than incising polygon counts.
I sporadicly get over 5000 triangles for my characters as whole(all 19 body parts).

"if u mean attack types like for example 4 kick combo then that's not possible currently to my knowledge nor adding new attack hittypes. (hitjewels, hitfoot ouch)" NO. I'm more thinking about adding for example counters(when executed right from block state), ability to throw a target only when dis balanced(for stand throws) , special animation called from the script when executed , rather than making 4 hits combo.
I aware of ONI engine limits and try not to get myself into field were I will not be able to do much(plying witch HEX edit or hacking engines is something that I can do at the moment..)

"Still hope u'd make some energy weapons too, it's starting to feel too counter strike imo" Don't worry. I will add some energy based weapons.
What i am trying to do is to make oni more believable, and still remembering that I'm working witch brawler not the shooter.

"check my 2 topics Blackopskonoko and female cops, and Bozzman's TCTF Addition. If u want u can use the blackops armor i made with leucha's HD konoko textures. Bozzman's TCTF Addition also adds different color schemed light tctf maybe it could be helpful."
Well Bozzmans textures are quite neat. Yours are not worser in any case too, but putting aside work you put into thous HD armors i simply don't like them(the shape) I simply prefer than the female armors  be more similar  to the male armors, witch lite changes added to them , with will be more matching into general TCTF look.Making sleek armors is good for stealth variant, but not for strike ones. I know that especially the korean's or the  japane's love making armors that look sexy and skimpy(oblivion anyone) , but I prefer more realistic armament for my females(witch lite extravagance) rather than skimpy dresses only by accident called the armors. And konoko original armor is one of them. More problematic is the fact that when you reeded the instruction there is crealy seed that the head staff of the TCTF try to hide the fact that she is different. Giving her armor that only she wears isn't rely logic behavior from them , don't you think?

Well i will check the Edt Sentry and guard dogs mod then.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/04/12 04:09)

#15 09/04/12 07:09

Iritscen

ltemplar wrote:

Well EdT I'm on PC and experienced no crash(all others weapons for the other hand has 256x256 texture resolution- end few(not visible in game but models and textures are there have 512x512).So I relay don't know what you are talking about.

I suggest exporting the textures that you imported into Oni and making sure they're still 1024x1024.  My guess is they're getting scaled down at some point, perhaps by OniSplit, to 512x512.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#16 09/04/12 10:09

uroboros

Hmm that sounds like a really very compicated project Ltemplar, I hope its possible to make these modifications in oni..
I especially like the idea with Ai improvements and new attack animations (MOAR combat moves big_smile)

But after playing the first version of your mod I'm not sure if giving weapon to every enemy is a good Idea.

Last edited by uroboros (09/05/12 09:09)

#17 09/04/12 16:09

ltemplar

"But after playing the first version of our mod I'm not sure if giving weapon to every enemy is a good Idea."

Well.. The entire mod concept is about removing in my opinion stupid things like" I am syndicate striker .. I'm so cool that nobody can match witch me .. ...Weapons? who need weapons? My fists will be enough..Wait a second what's that sound..It's her ..Oh God ..why i don't get any weapon witch me...ugh..." - His last words

And I'm not planing to ad weapons to all characters, only to the strikers , TCTF agents, etc... not thugs, or ninjas (only military/police based).

In some cases game become harder ...in others simple...
-And the last thing .. now the player have a choice..Fighting witch his bare hands, or use weapon from distance..
-Adding stealth or another ability to pas level will be even more interesting(another thing to do)

Question ..How can I upload images here? Because i see many images from Edt or Samer..
This will be relay helpful in, for example showing my progress...

Last edited by ltemplar (09/04/12 16:09)

#18 09/04/12 17:09

EdT
Website

Question ..How can I upload images here? Because i see many images from Edt or Samer..

You will need to find a place to host the images, then use the img tag to display on this site.

#19 09/04/12 18:09

s10k
Website

You can use http://imageshack.us/ for example. It even have a windows/mac application which will allow you to upload images easily.

Last edited by s10k (09/04/12 18:09)

#20 09/05/12 02:09

ltemplar

Thanks.

My vision of the female armor (al textures are in 512x512- not reduced yet).Tel me what you think

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34 … nokoa.jpg/

Well i still try to figure out how to import it from XSI , but with every try I'm closer to this.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 02:09)

#21 09/05/12 02:09

Samer
Website

Heh not bad at all smile .. Not what we're used to in ONI but looks good for sure.
What kind of trouble are u having exporting it from xsi ?

#22 09/05/12 04:09

ltemplar

I have a problem witch parenting or pivot point(probably) issue . When i export it from XSI i have in game something that can be simply coled "meat box"- All bones are rotated in one direction etc.
The real problem is that all pivot points(but i can't simply define, why my pivot points are showing as helpers crosses), all done, parenting hierarchy look good , but when i export(using crosswalk etc) , the model in game shown, as i wort above. Can you help me witch this problem?

BTW. Nice tutorial.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 05:09)

#23 09/05/12 07:09

Samer
Website

Mm i didn't understand all what u said :$ but if u want upload the dae file somewhere and post the link here and i'll take a look at it for u. (or someone else)

and maybe post a screenshot of how the model is looking like in xsi and in game.

Last edited by Samer (09/05/12 07:09)

#24 09/05/12 07:09

ltemplar

Here is the link to my model (it's without textures)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7499upkj7e933l1

Last edited by ltemplar (09/05/12 07:09)

#25 09/05/12 07:09

Samer
Website

Ok will take a look at it when i get electric power back tongue :$ (will take few hrs) meanwhile i hope other modders can take a look at it for you.

Board footer