Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/10/12 09:08

Samer
Website

Let's make a video.

there's this fan page for Oni on facebook with about 1400 fan, yet none seems aware that there's something called Anniversary Edition, or new mods or or .. I found this place by accident too it could have been years not knowing it existed, if i didn't google for a fix of Oni on windows Xp, it made me realize we need more exposure .. Now i know the original AE team planned to do a an AE promtional video ... But i want to suggest that a few of us do another 1 now, featuring what the forum has to offer.. I would do it myself but i'll struggle with uploading it.

We got new levels, new characters, a working iron demon ! New textures, HD models .. Why not feature this ??

So a suggestion, to those who are not actively modding right now and want to contribute or any members reading this who aren't even registered, let's make a new video

we could have mutiple videos and then select one as the best ..
Here's what we need to feature, it could be a glimpse of each,
start with level 1 training room where shinatama says welcome konoko, but show HD konoko and the improved training room textures ... Show a clip with HD Griffin, would be awesome if we could have a split screen of before and after,
show a clip of konoko running in the maze, show a clip of Leus's Oni Zen garden arena or junkyard, how easy it is to justy type and get the enemy and other options, show clips of fighting new enemies, skull team regenreating for example, show iron demon boss battle level and that awesome explosion, show lara croft jumping in the parkour level, show the fail screen with Casey, then show him as a playable character and showing him from the front side, show shinitama being shot in the vault, then the new shinitamabot, show the old China level, show the town level, show hayate or jubei and akane doing the new running kick throw by mukade, show the sentry droid and guard dogs, show de-dust level, show the blood mod, some footage of multiplayer, some new weapons, show konoko flying using marypoppins cheat .. Show the new menus show the simple drop and package install by the AE installer.
We have so much cool stuff, yet a lot are unaware of it .. We need 1 video showcasing the best of what we have to offer.

Anyone interested ? We can discuss more details, music choice and such.
We could have 1 person do this if they want, or we can have several members recording certain clips then combining them together

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 08/10/12 12:08

Delano762
Website

Re: Let's make a video.

I'M ON IT

Samer wrote:

start with level 1 training room where shinatama says welcome konoko, but show HD konoko and the improved training room textures ... Show a clip with HD Griffin, would be awesome if we could have a split screen of before and after,
show a clip of konoko running in the maze, show a clip of Leus's Oni Zen garden arena or junkyard, how easy it is to justy type and get the enemy and other options, show clips of fighting new enemies, skull team regenreating for example, show iron demon boss battle level and that awesome explosion, show lara croft jumping in the parkour level, show the fail screen with Casey, then show him as a playable character and showing him from the front side, show shinitama being shot in the vault, then the new shinitamabot, show the old China level, show the town level, show hayate or jubei and akane doing the new running kick throw by mukade, show the sentry droid and guard dogs, show de-dust level, show the blood mod, some footage of multiplayer, some new weapons, show konoko flying using marypoppins cheat .. Show the new menus show the simple drop and package install by the AE installer.

Japanese (at least Tekken devs) specialize at doing everything-at-once-in-few-minutes scripts like the one you've made. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 9KwQYlpZMc

EDIT:
First question: Should the music be only from Oni or is the other music acceptable?

Last edited by Delano762 (08/10/12 14:08)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#3 08/12/12 04:08

Samer
Website

hey delano .. didn't see your edit till now ..  for the music preferably Oni music, or music without lyrics or anything that doesn't get blocked in other countries :\ .. i have some music the works great for Oni, used it in my other vids .. i can upload the mp3 files but it'll take me some time .. meanwhile use Oni music if u want, looking forward to it smile

#4 08/13/12 13:08

Tracker

I would be glad to make Oni AE videos of all Oni standard levels with Losers new melee profiles on stage hard.
I could upload them to YouTube as mp4 HD files with 1280 x 720 pixels and 25 fps.
If the one or the other of this stuff is useable, you can download the mp4 files from YouTube and take parts of it to make a ONI AE reference video.

Here are two examples of videos I uploaded to YouTube in the past:
Oni Boss Battle
Oni Parkour Challenge 2

And here is a screenshot of my installed ONI AE packages at the time:
AEInstaller_preferences.jpg

If you are interested in, please tell me, which additional packages (levels, NPCs, textures, music and so on) I should install as base for the videos. smile

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#5 08/23/12 18:08

Samer
Website

any progress on this delano ?

#6 08/23/12 19:08

Lithium

Samer wrote:

there's this fan page for Oni on facebook with about 1400 fan, yet none seems aware that there's something called Anniversary Edition

Ugh I think I've seen it before. The guy says AE sucks because mods are boring and blah blah blah

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#7 08/24/12 07:08

uroboros

Hmm I think its a great idea.. maybe we could post this video aswell on modding forums or the wolfire forum (used oni is cheaper and so far better than overgrowth).

I like your ideas samer I would add the best anniversary features displayed as text.

somethink like this:
-Improved graphics-
video showing
new textures, new models, realistic blood
etc

-New characters-
video showing
shapeshifter feature for existing characters
new characters: casey hayate motoko etc.

-New levels-
video showing
Old china big_smile, Boss battle, de dust

-various gameplay improvements-
More diffucult ai
New weapons
improved glass
better weapons
etc.

maybe something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzZ2bWZ_8Ho&feature=plcp

and then clips showing what's still amazing in oni: combat system!
So maybe members could send their best combos (using graphic mods) big_smile

Last edited by uroboros (08/24/12 07:08)

#8 08/24/12 13:08

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

any progress on this delano ?

Sorry, but nothing yet. Recently I got completely demoralized and lazy and I couldn't force myself into doing anything. But I'll do it, sooner or later.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#9 08/26/12 00:08

Samer
Website

Sure uroboros that's a good idea smile would u be interested in making it ?

p.s : uroboros where did u get ur casual tanker avatar from . Do u have a bigger one showing the face ? If yes please post it for me on the various character project thread

Last edited by Samer (08/26/12 00:08)

#10 09/02/12 16:09

Samer
Website

??? anyone :\

#11 09/02/12 16:09

Lithium

Aww sucks that I don't have the game anymore. Gah.

#12 09/02/12 17:09

Samer
Website

what happened to ur game oxe ?

#13 09/02/12 17:09

Lithium

Had to return my laptop and now I have a different one :V

I think I backed up the game but I'm not able to find it.

#14 09/03/12 02:09

Lithium

FOUND IT~

Alright I worked on Mugen these last 2 days, I'll work on oni stuff tomorrow big_smile

Board footer