Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/25/12 13:07

Samer
Website

do u like ur country :/

i kinda dislike my country big_smile actually hate it big_smile we only get electrecity (power) like 3 hours/ day.
All the time i was studying for my exam i had to study on candle light big_smile ... Everytime i start moding i get like 2 hrs before the power goes off. Like now it's 9 pm and there's no power till 10 am tomorrow .. The internet speed is horrible we rank among the slowest 5 countries even ethiopia has faster net hmm ... Prices and taxes of everything goes up continously .. Yet we are supposedly the most libral arab country .. We've got night clubs and hotels and tourism and God knows what and they call it Switzerland of the east .. But yet in the 21st century we have no electrical power = no AC = no refregirator no light ... Politicians roll in money and people keep re-electing them over and over, some sectors meant for tourism get electrecity 24/7 like the street lamps light during the day hmm while other sectors of the country drown in poverty ...
I'm wondering does any one else in the world feel like they really just hate their damn country ?! Or lives in conditions like these ? (yes i know in some places in Africa they don't even have water and it's far worse than this)

Last edited by Samer (07/25/12 13:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/26/12 06:07

s10k
Website

Re: do u like ur country :/

Oh your country seems that provide pretty bad conditions. I never imagined that (I don't know your country very well). Electricity only 3 hours a days is kinda shocking for me. I can't imagine myself without a refrigerator for example.

My country is far away from yours conditions. However due to bad politicians management we are getting poorer and poorer. We are getting everyday close to the poorer European countries. Unemployment also grows everyday.

It's still yet a nice country to live, we have plenty of sun which other Europeans countries don't have, we have sea, a nice climate and of course the basic live conditions (plus others).

It's kinda awesome how you did that high number of mods only being able to work 3 hours a day. wink

P.S. I've sent you an email, can you check it please? Thanks.

#3 07/26/12 07:07

Delano762
Website

Well, in my case, my country is basically awesome: awesome climate, awesome places, awesome anthem, awesome language, awesome everything, except for the people. There's a shitload of greedy, toxic, perverted, jealous, stupid people here trying to destroy everyone else in psychological sense, steal, fuck up your day, ask you really stupid questions, bribe, interrupt, tell lies about you to others, wake you up in the middle of the night and then run away and everything else. Especially the politicians, which should be all lined up the wall and shot.

For example, a few days ago I've been hanging around with a couple of my "friends", and they've been constantly asking me which girl from the school would I want to have sex with and which not. Or that a month ago a buddy of mine went to the school toilet and saw there 10-11 year old kids talking about doing blowjobs.

So as Józef Piłsudski (the most meritorious leader of Poland throughout the history) once said: "The nation is great, but the people are fucks."

Script_10k wrote:

It's kinda awesome how you did that high number of mods only being able to work 3 hours a day.

Yeah, that's outstanding.

Samer wrote:

Prices and taxes of everything goes up continously

Doesn't that apply everywhere?

Last edited by Delano762 (07/26/12 07:07)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#4 07/26/12 08:07

Iritscen

By comparison, I can't find much to complain about here in the U.S.  There's plenty of resources for everyone, not just electricity and water but any material goods you desire; all you need is a modest job and you'll have enough money for luxury goods and broadband Internet.  Heck, even psychos can buy guns here, no questions asked!  But things are slowly going downhill — I suspect this will be a sustained trend as we fall from the "world power" position and China takes over.  In a global economy, things have to even out between the developed nations and the developing ones.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 07/26/12 09:07

Samer
Website

we pride ourselves by our tourism and climate, and that the mountain is close to the sea and u can go swim and in like half an hour u can go ski on the snow .. (that used to be true before like global warming :\ now there's much less snow and with all the traffic jams due to lack of management and overpopulation, now it takes u at least 2 hrs to go anywhere, everyday i went from my home to university it took me an 1 hr 30 min on the way going and 1:30 on the way back  ... it's a pretty small country 10452 meter square, yet people follow politicians blindly like they're kings even though we're a democratic country and are prettyy much divided according to religion. The government gives much resources to the tourism sectors on the expense of others .. like really tourists who come get to stay in amazing hotels go sightseeing go to clubs get electricity 24/7 and see how liberal we are .. they never get to see how shitty things are for people who actually stay here ... it wasn't this bad before we used to get power 12 hrs per day .. alternating 6 hrs on 6 hrs off .. then it went down to 6/ day and this year it has been 3-5 hrs/day, which sucks especially during the summer cz it's too hot to go out and u need refrigeration and AC .. some people get small power generators on their own but they're too expensive .. it keeps going from bad to worse .. and there's corruption and bribery in the government (to some extent).. people who graduate usually just migrate to Canada or the US, cz there's a serious lack of job opportunities and unfair employment u may get employed cz u belong to a certain political party rather than because of ur qualifications .. but the country itself like delano said is awesome, weather and water and seasons and all that and the people are friendly and nice and hospitable and there are close family bonds .. it's just the rulers that suck :\

#6 07/26/12 17:07

Lukas Kreator

Except for the lack of electricity and such resources, my country has almost the same problems. Ok, we do have a good climate and employement and stuff, but you know. Many people see Brazil as the land of 'nude women in beaches' or the land of crime (favela) or capoeira or something like that, and I don't blame them for this, because that's exactly what most people are after here (imoral and excessive freedom) and what our movies show to the world. Politicians are all corrupt and people do nothing about this. Taxes are some of the highest in the world. Education? Regrettable! Political propaganda keeps mentioning how we are the "6th largest economy", but the truth is the advantages of this only apply to senators, judges, lawyers and their families. /:

#7 07/27/12 17:07

Coyote

Delano762 wrote:

except for the people. [...]

Well, I wouldn't say so. They're only human and they're frustrated by bad politics, high taxes and having hard time to find a decent job. It's all about the money. Poland is great country, it's just those idiotic ideas like building the National Stadium instead of saving home economy.

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#8 08/07/12 17:08

demos_kratos

Anything's better than North Korea, innit?
Anyway, Russia is the best country in the world and KGB are totally not editing this post while sticking a soldering iron up me arse. (That was a joke.)

Although I can say some bad things about Russia, I don't think I have much of a right to do so. Quality of life here is highly dependent on one's income like anywhere
else and my family happens to be successful in this respect. I have nothing to be complaining about. Even my Internet plan is cooler than the similarly priced
plan in the US (12/12 Mbps at 30$/month vs 100/100 Mbps at 30$/month (and I'm not even in Moscow) )

There are some faults noticeable from pretty much everywhere such as corruption, massive, almost nationwide alcohol addiction, crime,
    absence of any civilization almost anywhere east of the Urals, obsessive concentration of everything in two cities (Moscow, Saint Petersburg) in a hellishly vast country like ours.

There are some problem-generating bugs like compulsory military service, idiots getting accepted in universities, Tax Laws full of holes,
    migration of North Caucasus nations to freakin' everywhere sowing an atmosphere of arrogance around them.

There are some esthetically complex situations like boorishnes being considered normal, admitting to the university without an apparent
    reason therefore occupying lawyers and economics departments.

Although I'm planning to move to Austria someday, I really do think that Russia is a good country in comparison.

Last edited by demos_kratos (08/07/12 18:08)

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#9 10/08/12 11:10

Otaku-kun

Well, I do feel sorry for you about having only 3 hours a day, that is worse than me who has 15 hours of electricity a day. And I have to feel sorry for you, having internet slower than ethiopia, I lived there once and the internet was slower than the US congress, running uphill. (thats a joke for americans). But this country too is on the world's slowest internet list, this country being Nepal (the only country with two trianges for a flag). Also the mailing times are really slow, even a letter to the US and back takes a month. And is it just me or does almost nobody here live in the US?

#10 10/09/12 10:10

Striker

I live in Canada but I used to live in the far east part of Russia (Khabarovsk). Russia is a pretty bad country in comparison to US/CA, especially the non-heavily populated regions, like its cold parts. Canada is pretty fantastic to be honest, especially compared to Russia or many other European/Asian countries.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#11 03/29/13 05:03

Morkal

I just hate my country because here the unemployment rate is high and people have no more job resources and also don't have much money that they own a new business.The market is risky so people also don't invest in the short term marketable securities.

#12 06/24/13 11:06

Samer
Website

It's been 13 hours without electricity big_smile did I mention that I hate my country tongue ? (cell phone browser ... But battery dying too)

#13 06/24/13 13:06

Iritscen

Yikes.  I hope you'll be able to move some place where you'll be happier.  Is the electricity situation like that for most people in Lebanon, or just in your area?  (Edit: I read the part where you said the tourist areas have power 24/7, but of course I meant areas where you can live.)  And I can't help but be curious, how do you know when the power is going to come back on?  Or is it planned out in advance?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#14 06/24/13 14:06

Samer
Website

they used to cut it on this schedule it's on on 12am (midnight) till 6am .. cuts at 6 am then comes back at 10am then cuts at 2pm and comes back at 6pm then cuts at 12am and comes back at 6am then cuts at 10am etc .. and the cycle repeats itself. this was a few months or maybe a year ago .. (Ive never had 24 hours electricity in my lifetime)

then they started increasing the power off time, on 12am till 4am cuts at 4am and comes back at 12 pm then cuts at 12 pm and comes back at 9pm then cuts at 12 am and comes back at 12pm :\

then they just went crazy with it and it became very random big_smile yesterday it was off for 10 continuous hours, today they beat it with 15 hrs it was off from 6am till 9pm .. now they'll probably cut it at 12 am ... so today i will be only getting it 3 hours from 9pm till 12am big_smile

some areas are still on the first schedule i mentioned which is bad but not as bad as my area.

basically the government bought cheap fuel for the generators (And they stole, ehem "saved" .. the left over money which was supposed to buy the good fuel big_smile)  the cheap fuel ruined the generators and made it worse, and because it's summer and there's increased consumption for ventilation systems and refrigeration the generators couldn't handle the demand and some blew up or whatever .. thus less electricity ^_^ and more joy for me :\

I hope one day I leave the country all together not just my area :\ there's a civil war brewing right now ...

Last edited by Samer (06/24/13 14:06)

#15 06/29/13 10:06

tens

Well, i wish you the best of luck. *Salutes*

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#16 06/17/18 23:06

DTS_98

Yes and no I live in canada And There like a tradewar Here and Our prime minister A.k.a Our government Just said To no go To Any u.s.a Store And all of the store that there are Founded Here in canada  Suck  and My Home town Suck It a Super Ghetto Town

Hello There I am DTS_98
Oni Fan and game developer
Youtube Channel : Eggplant Redrage
Steam red_rage_48 | Xbox kevin23432

Board footer