Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/23/12 18:07

Samer
Website

can someone help me script this ?

i had this idea for a while now .. But i don't know enough to execute it as it requires bsl scripting ... I know how to modify existing bsl but i don't know how to actually write , and i have many projects on hand (characters, animatinos and texturing) so i don't have the time to learn it from scratch ...so if any of u can help me get started like write me the basic script that would be great .. Anyway :

the idea is a level against my mutant jester .. I'll use the obsulote (arena) level, copy it and make a new level, and modify the textures to make it jester liar like .. I need help with the battle script :

battle starts with jester say with health 400 .. Konoko fights him .. Till his health becomes 300 at this point he taunts her, becomes invulnerable and disappears (using dream lab particle, and maybe teleporting him to a place outside the map or something), then his minions appear say 4 to 6 characters (jester like characters with different outfit color that i'll make) and with less health, once she disposses of them he reappears, then the cycle repeats when his health drops to 200 then 100 till he dies with some surprises of course..(each time the minions become stronger and they drop hypos) so how do i script that ? Making him dissappear when health is at .. And make minions appear and then how to script the condition that once the minions all die he reappears ?

Thanks in advance

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/23/12 23:07

EdT
Website

Re: can someone help me script this ?

I can help a bit with the commands, here is a basic outline of what you want.  Though, someone better at coding, will make the code cleaner and more efficient.
ai2_spawn jester
chr_teleport jester 5 (flag#)
chr_set_health jester 400
chr_wait_health jester 300
chr_delete  jester
ai2_spawn minion1
ai2_spawn minion2
ai2_spawn minion3
chr_teleport minion1 10
chr_teleport minion2 11
chr_teleport minion3 12
chr_wait_health minion1 1
chr_wait_health minion2 1
chr_wait_health minion3 1
ai2_spawn jester
chr_teleport jester 5 (flag#)
chr_set_health jester 300
chr_wait_health jester 200

To make the minions drop hypos or other stuff, you need to set that in the BINACJBOCharacter file for the minion
<Hypo>
  <Use>0</Use>
  <Drop>1</Drop>
</Hypo>

Hope this helps

#3 07/24/12 04:07

s10k
Website

I would love to help but I'm kinda busy at the moment hope someone give you a hand although.

\Edit

EdT seems have posted the essential, for the animation of muro in dreamlab I've checked the dreamlab script and in the cutscenes one there's this fuction:

func void
murodeath(
    void)
{
    dprint WE_KILLED_MURO

env_show 999 0
    env_show 1010 0
    gs_farclipplane_set 2000

# ensure that muro doesn't get knocked out of his "death" anim
    chr_unstoppable IntroMuro 1

chr_animate IntroMuro COMCOMlev13_death 120
    gl_fog_start_changeto .995 30
    sleep f24
    chr_delete IntroMuro

sound_music_volume mus_om01 0.0 1.0
    sound_music_start atm_gr09 0.75

objective_set(1)

sleep 60
    sound_music_stop mus_om01
}

Seems it's here that muro is animated when he dies. Just adapt this function and call it when jester should disappear. It should be fine.

Last edited by s10k (07/24/12 04:07)

#4 07/24/12 10:07

Samer
Website

thanks guys i'll try that soon .. Anothr question for now .. Which level numbers are available ?

#5 07/24/12 19:07

EdT
Website

Here are the current custom level and the numbers they are using:

Maze level 5
Arena level 7
Junkyard level 15
Hexagon level 16
Lair level 20
Parkour level 21
De Dust level 22
Boss Battle level 23
Old China level 24

Next available is level 25

#6 07/30/12 21:07

Samer
Website

is it possible to interrupt cutscenes and then continue them .. example i want to include casey in level 3 the idea is .. before save point 3, at the end of save point 2 where konoko goes up to the tower and beats the mad bomber, and the tctf officers say they're under attack, and konoko says i'll see what i can do .. here i want to shift to casey who is there with these officers, outside (where konoko fights barabas first) near the glass building, the screen dims and the player becomes casey, a save point is added (this becomes the new savepoint 3), then strikers and others attack, casey has to dispose of them .. after he does then the cutscene with the mad bomber continues where the mad bomber says he activated his bomb and konoko throws him out etc .. then save point 4 is added going back to konoko as player and continuing the level like usual.
can i do that :\ ?

Last edited by Samer (07/30/12 21:07)

#7 07/30/12 22:07

EdT
Website

I'm sure it is possible...  You'll have to study the lab_cutscene.bsl and lab_level_logic.bsl scripts to see how all the actions are scripted, then modify them to suit your needs.

Board footer