Trying once more to get textures into the level...
The geometry imports just fine but there are no textures. (Level 1 used.)
I'm running in circles, please help.
Last edited by paradox-01 (12/6/12 8:42)
Nevermind. Found the problem, I used the wrong illumination type on the material in Mod Tool. ("diffuse" was needed.)
The sky dome isn't as bright as it should but for now it's okay.
Last edited by paradox-01 (12/6/12 11:45)
Glad you figured out the problem.
Just a few comments, based on your wiki.
1) The brightness of the texture can also be adjusted in a photo editing software.
2) If you split the dome into sectors, could the issue of the lines from the sky box appear? Also, aligning the split textures could be a challenge.
3) What about the issue of the horizon line? It seems sky dome textures are for half a dome.
4) Cool textures: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/603 … xture-pack
1) I will try that later - in case I can overcome the sector challange.
2) Black lines usually appear when the UV is very near texture boarder. A distance of one or two pixel might do the trick. -- Yes, aligning the textures to the sectors will be the hardest part. (Needing a dome of better symetry first. The current one was actually meant for a 'real' dome, something like that.)
3) That's becouse of Konoko's perspective. The black part is not more visible when the gound gets scaled until it reaches the dome boarder.
4) Thanks for the images. Making a 1024x1024 dome from the panorama should make four 512x512 sector textures. I hope to test that tomorrow.
Last edited by paradox-01 (12/6/12 15:04)