Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/23/12 17:05

Aasharu

Twitchy mouse sensitivity

I just recently reinstalled Oni from my CD, and then I installed the Anniversary edition.  So far, no problems.  Start up the game, everything is good.  However, once I start actually playing, I realize my mouse is being very... erratic, is the best word for it.  Rather than look smoothly around the area, it will twitch.  This effect is most noticeable when aiming a weapon; instead of smoothly moving around the screen, the cross hair will twitch, as if it is registering my mouse movements an instant late.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?  I'm not sure what precisely is causing this effect.

Edit: After fiddling around with it a bit, the mouse is now smoother, but the graphics are beginning to freeze up at an increasing rate.  I run an ATI Radeon 5700, and according to my computer, the drivers are all up to date.

Last edited by Aasharu (05/23/12 17:05)

#2 05/23/12 18:05

Iritscen

Re: Twitchy mouse sensitivity

Hmm, what OS are you using?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/23/12 22:05

Aasharu

Windows 7 64 bit.

#4 05/24/12 01:05

Gumby

Install Fraps and tell us what your frame rate is.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 05/24/12 08:05

TOCS

Gumby wrote:

Install Fraps and tell us what your frame rate is.

Yes! The game can get jittery past 60 fps, so you might as well enable vertical synchronization in your control panel.

#6 05/24/12 11:05

Aasharu

Hm.  I installed FRAPS, and the framerate spent most of the time at about 55 fps, but every few seconds, would jump down to 3-5 fps, then jump back to 55.

#7 05/25/12 07:05

Striker

I had a similar problem. Although your computer is telling you that your drivers are updated, they might not be. Go on the official website of the video card manufacturer and redownload and reinstall the compatible drivers for your video card.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#8 05/25/12 10:05

Aasharu

Thank you, that did indeed solve my problem.  I can't be sure that some other problem won't arise at a later date, but for now, my game seems to be working well.  Thanks for the help!

Board footer