Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/08/12 22:02

Mukade

Re: Musashi Manufacturing Receptionist

Maybe she spawns as char_0 at first for some reason. That's the only thing that comes to mind.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#27 02/08/12 22:02

kyletm57

Mukade wrote:

Maybe she spawns as char_0 at first for some reason. That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Well that would make sense, but why do that? *sigh* Now my questioning is getting pointless.

banner2440.jpg

#28 02/09/12 00:02

Mukade

Aww who are you kidding? Was it ever relevent? xD

Jokes, jokes. But yeah, I might take a look at the BSL and/or the ONCC or BINACHAR files to satisfy your curiosty, and mine.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#29 02/09/12 09:02

Lukas Kreator

The script uses "ai2_takecontrol 1", for some weird reason. Possibly for easier camera settings during the cutscene.
Anyway, commenting the line breaks Konoko's movement path. Aside from that, it seems perfectly normal.
You can find that line in "manplant_cutscene.bsl" if you want to research more.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (02/09/12 09:02)

#30 02/09/12 10:02

Iritscen

Oh, I guess I did that.  I re-authored the opening camera animation in that scene, although no one ever seemed to notice.  The original camera movement went through a wall on the left side when playing in widescreen resolutions.  I remember I struggled for a long time to make the new movement work, so the ai2_takecontrol must have been necessary.  I guess it's setting the receptionist as the center of the cm_orbit command.  But I didn't anticipate someone hitting F8 during those few seconds.  So, don't do that smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#31 02/09/12 16:02

Striker

Iritscen wrote:

Oh, I guess I did that.  I re-authored the opening camera animation in that scene, although no one ever seemed to notice.  The original camera movement went through a wall on the left side when playing in widescreen resolutions.  I remember I struggled for a long time to make the new movement work, so the ai2_takecontrol must have been necessary.  I guess it's setting the receptionist as the center of the cm_orbit command.  But I didn't anticipate someone hitting F8 during those few seconds.  So, don't do that smile

Yeah, while playing yesterday and switching the receptionist's character I noticed that the camera was rotating around the receptionist and figured out why, but forgot to mention it here.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#32 04/25/12 16:04

Aiko

Yes, I have done that many times. However, she's not the only character that I dislike that gives Mai a hard time along the way in the game. For example, in the last level, The Syndicate Mountain, the first scientist you encounter when you enter the building seriously needs his ass kicked. But, the fun way to do it is like this: Turn on "live forever" cheat.  Lure him into the hallway and allow Mai to step into the red laser beams to set off the gun at the end of the hall. Make sure the scientist is positioned in front of you... and well, you know. It will look like this:

reservoirdogslastlevel.jpg
By linda_san at 2012-04-25

Of course, until he dies.  Very satisfying!

Aiko

#33 04/26/12 17:04

kyletm57

Yah i always kick the crap outta him too, extremely satisfying!

banner2440.jpg

#34 04/27/12 13:04

Aiko

LOL!!  Do the pleas of "I have a wife and kids" deter you ever from beating the innocent male office workers?  I've grown pretty immune from that.
Also, if you play using "reservoir dogs" then push these 2 workers out and off their floor level to down below and then have any character still alive, they will continuously be beaten over and over and over.
reservoirdogslevel8.jpg
By linda_san at 2012-04-25

It's endless.

Aiko

#35 04/27/12 14:04

Lithium

You guys are mean sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#36 04/29/12 11:04

kyletm57

I'm not mean, I just enjoy beating the living daylights out of helpless civilians. A noble and respectable pastime! big_smile

banner2440.jpg

#37 05/04/12 17:05

Aiko

kyletm57 wrote:

I'm not mean, I just enjoy beating the living daylights out of helpless civilians. A noble and respectable pastime! big_smile

I couldn't agree more! I can't stand that blonde woman in the Regional State Building who constantly wails "Oh, I want to liiiiiivvveeee!"  Nor the scientist who says rather snottily that he wishes Konoko had shown up just a few minutes sooner. Please. They BOTH get it!  smile

Aiko

#38 05/05/12 08:05

Stevinlewis

Omg, I ikr. Same here, I hate those two >_>. But then again, I used to kill all civilians back then so..... tongue

#39 05/05/12 11:05

Lithium

kyletm57 wrote:

Dude that's awful. sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#40 05/05/12 13:05

Iritscen

In all fairness, killing civilians is a time-honored Bungie tradition.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#41 05/05/12 17:05

Lukas Kreator

I follow with honor "never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key" LOL
Didn't know it was a tradition, though.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (05/05/12 17:05)

#42 05/05/12 19:05

Dirk Gently
Website

Marathon didn't detect key-presses so much as key-states. So caps-lock would always detect as it was enabled. So it was effectively the same as holding down "shift".

#43 05/06/12 23:05

Aiko

Also, anyone who doesn't offer Konoko anything, not even kind words, gets it too! There are a lot of scientists that offer nothing in level 3.  They get it. 

OK, who is guilty of hitting a civilian just to see if they will hit you back?  The airport hangar (level 5) is filled with a lot of those guys who will help you but if you hit them, they all come after you.  That can be used to your advantage because if you have a group of civilians running after you and then you lead them to the next set of bad guys, well you just got some helpful assistance while you can go after your objective in peace.  Loads of fun!!!

Aiko

#44 05/09/12 10:05

adorage

You are all horrible, evil people and I will now back out of this forum veeery slowly and with hands held up, "accidently" losing all the hypo sprays I was carrying hmm

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#45 05/09/12 10:05

gmsly

adorage wrote:

You are all horrible, evil people and I will now back out of this forum veeery slowly and with hands held up, "accidently" losing all the hypo sprays I was carrying hmm

it just a game don't be too seriously

#46 05/09/12 15:05

Coyote

gmsly wrote:
adorage wrote:

it just a game don't be too seriously

You took his post too seriously, Sir.

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

Board footer