Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/15/12 16:04

Masterbmw

Step by Step Level Install

I'm new to the whole Oni mods scene, and I'm looking for some help. I've downloaded AE, and managed to get some mods working on it without issue (new guns, models, blood). Now I want to install some new levels, but I don't know how to get them to work. For example, I downloaded a Parkour map, put it in the 'Packages' folder, and then installed it through with the AEInstaller. My issue is that I don't know how to play the level now that I've installed it. If someone could give me a detailed tutorial on how to play downloaded levels, I would really appreciate it. Don't assume I know anything, so explain every step involved.
Thanks

#2 04/15/12 17:04

EdT
Website

Re: Step by Step Level Install

Welcome to OCF.

To play the newer levels, you need to use OniUnlock: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1951

The original persist.dat file only gives you access up to level 19.  OniUnlock gives you access to the higher level numbers which the new levels are using.

#3 04/15/12 17:04

Masterbmw

So I installed that file, put it into the Oni/Edition folder, and ran it. It says it patched all the bytes, which is what it should do, but where do I actually access the new levels. In the game, I see no different levels if I click 'Load Game'.

#4 04/15/12 19:04

Lukas Kreator

After you have applied the patch and installed the level (in any order), it should be there when you click "Load Game".

I'd suggest you to try to enter the level before the custom level and use the "winlevel" cheat, but the more recent custom levels use higher level indexes to avoid conflicts and you probably won't be able to enter the level before it.

So, try to install the level again. If the "persist.dat" has been patched, I can't see why the level wouldn't be in the list. Make sure you have installed the level properly.

#5 04/15/12 20:04

Masterbmw

I think the problem for me is the Patch. I downloaded "Arena of Hurt" and it works fine, but I think that's because it uses Level 7. The other levels I've downloaded use a higher level, so I guess the patch isn't working on my computer.

#6 04/15/12 20:04

Lukas Kreator

If the patch worked for one of the levels, it should theoretically work for all of them. Well, can you upload your "persist.dat" so I can take a look at it?

#7 04/15/12 20:04

Masterbmw

I'd be happy to upload it, how do I?

#8 04/15/12 21:04

EdT
Website

You should see the new levels after the Syndicate Compound Level.  Did you try the winlevel cheat in that level?

Also, did you patch the persist.dat in the Edition Folder?

You will need to find a file hosting website and upload it there and then provide the link in your reply

#9 04/15/12 21:04

Masterbmw

It's as if those levels weren't installed, even though I did the same thing to them as I did to the Arena level which is working.

Here's my persist.dat file: http://www.freefilehosting.net/persist

#10 04/15/12 21:04

EdT
Website

I tested your persist.dat file and it works for me:

persistpatched.jpg

Look inside your Edition/GameDataFolder/ Do you see any level files numbered in the 20's?

Muro's Lair is level20_Final.dat
Parkour is level21_Final dat
De Dust is level22_Final.dat
Boss Battle is level23_Final.dat

#11 04/15/12 21:04

Masterbmw

Ya, level21_Final is in there, although for some reason all the .dat files are associated with Notepad, could that be the problem?

#12 04/16/12 00:04

EdT
Website

Can you try to install the other levels and see if you can play them.
Lair: http://mods.oni2.net/node/192
De Dust: http://mods.oni2.net/node/198
Boss Battle: http://mods.oni2.net/node/200

#13 04/16/12 10:04

Samer
Website

Masterbmw wrote:

Ya, level21_Final is in there, although for some reason all the .dat files are associated with Notepad, could that be the problem?

no, u probably once opened a dat file with notepad and windows saved it as default program for that file type, doesn't affect anything.

Last edited by Samer (04/16/12 10:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#14 04/16/12 11:04

Lukas Kreator

I've looked into your file: bytes have been patched as they should. I have compared it with a persist.dat of mine and I can see no major differences.

#15 04/16/12 13:04

Iritscen

Did you make sure that you patched the persist.dat in Edition/, not the one in Oni/, as EdT suggested earlier?  And you are launching the copy of Oni in said Edition/ folder?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#16 04/16/12 14:04

Masterbmw

As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything correctly. The only map that works is Arena

#17 04/16/12 15:04

EdT
Website

This is so odd...

As a workaround, try this: Go to Install/packages/80240Parkour/oni and change the folder name from level21_Final to level5_Final and then use AEInstall

If you don't see The Airport Part Deux in your menu, play the Airport Assault level and use the winlevel cheat.  Now you should be able to play Parkour level, but it will be using the level name The Airport Part Deux.

Obviously, we still should figure out why you can't play the higher numbered levels.

#18 04/16/12 15:04

Lukas Kreator

I have no idea. Are you using the latest AE Installer?

#19 04/16/12 16:04

Masterbmw

I've uninstalled Oni and deleted every file associated with it. I'll reinstall it later so I can start from scratch and then let you know how it goes.

Board footer