Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 12/28/07 08:12

paradox-01

Re: Ideas for Oni 2

A good developed idea is that WCG and old Syndicat (including BGI) lived sorta in symbiosis. With Muro new loyalties emerged... He might be 20+ years old now.
But a baby can't take over a crime network smile  Let's say Muro's follows and heself started slowly when being 15. And because the syndicate is huge, it took time. (How far was Mukade prepared is a different story.) In best case he could had fully control with 17. Then there's is not so much time left to prepare Sturmanderung: worldwide infiltration of the ACCs, producing and installing the "upgrades" (and keeping the TCTF busy with some cover actions).

meet another Chrysalis being from one of the surviving nations and discover that other ceartain TCTF headquarters have been expirimenting with Daoden

At least the Daodan-Technology is since 20+ in WCG/TCTF hands so I might be possible that other butterflies appear. But it is unprobable that other states own DC-Tech. (The only owner are WCG and Syndicate as far as we know.) It's far too powerful/dangerous to simply sell it. -- Who knows whether Hasegawa worked with other people together (on an early stage) or not. Maybe-maybe some knowledge stayed in free hands.

#77 12/28/07 08:12

Ultimatum479

What surrounding countries? It's called the WCG for a reason.

Work in progress...

#78 12/28/07 08:12

paradox-01

How about this?

http://wiki.oni2.net/Syndicate#History_of_the_Syndicate

TCTFaa01\hop\gM1 History of the Syndicate [cont]

[...]

The Syndicate has strong ties with and influence over several small countries that lie beyond the easy reach of the unified WCG. In these countries Syndicate factories produce the goods they sell here.

Last edited by paradox-01 (12/28/07 08:12)

#79 12/28/07 09:12

Ultimatum479

On January 12th, 2032 the newborn World Coalition Government annexed 80% of the countries of the world. The holdouts either reconsidered and signed treaties or were "dissolved" in a matter of months.

Conflict...

Work in progress...

#80 12/28/07 09:12

geyser
Website

"would it really take 20 years for the Syndacate to take over the Government?" You mean after Oni? Much less than that.
But you need at least a decade for the memories of "Mai December" to fade away. She needs to become a rumor/legend.

"other ceartain TCTF headquarters have been expirimenting with Daoden and Chrysalis with other being worldwide"
Griffin is the only WCG guy bold enough to develop a human bomb in response to Muro. And he's criticized for that.

"im not to sure how far the polution spread and if the Syndicate has control over the remaining countries"
Those are open questions. The ingame statements are ambiguous, and the manual doesn't really help.
For one thing, is the heavy pollution limited to the areas imediately around the ACCs, or beyond them?
What military power does the WCG have (if any), and what kind of area can it expect to consolidate?
If the Syndicate nests in remote places, how do they make ends meet with manufacturing/logistics?

"Conflict..." Whenever such conflicts arise, I recommend favoring ingame stuff over manual stuff.

Last edited by geyser (12/28/07 09:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#81 12/28/07 10:12

paradox-01

Even the manual gives no answers to all question. Actually they support pluralism:

When you really think about the power the TCTF wields it makes you wonder how the Syndicate has survived. There are a lot of theories: some say World Coalition Government lets the Syndicate slide because they keep the underclass down. Others claim a connection between the Syndicate and the remnants of the countries erased by World Coalition Government's land grab.

So at least, when WCG call itself most powerful not everybody have to believe. Claiming the country size on paper is no warranty for having control everywhere.

Last edited by paradox-01 (12/28/07 10:12)

#82 01/03/08 00:01

Raptor

Well I finally beat oni and I truly belive that it has the best story of any game I've ever seen. After I beat muro I was just stunned. its the most in depth game I've ever played  I seriously can't belive that this game wasn't that popular.yeah it didn't have multiplayer so what. Its gameplay and story alone should have made it incredibly popular. I think if take 2 didn't own the rights to Oni and was in bungies hands it probably would have alot more bonuses or at least proper recognition. Although I've beaten it I'm still not sure what some things are like Mai December

#83 01/03/08 00:01

Raptor

Ultimatum479 wrote:

What surrounding countries? It's called the WCG for a reason.

good point

I also have a better understanding of who had the daoden technology. Thanx geyser

Last edited by Raptor (01/03/08 00:01)

#84 01/03/08 02:01

VidBoi7

Mai December is when the end of the game happened -- specifically, Sturmdamerung being triggered (albeit too early to do all the damage it could)

#85 01/06/08 18:01

geyser
Website

@ Mai December: As VidBoi7 said, that's how I call Mai's gift to Mankind.
It "bought us some time, but at a horrible cost", which is very ambiguous.
We can't be sure Mankind wouldn't have been better off without the "blam".
"Mai December" echoes "My December" from an early Linkin Park album.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#86 01/06/08 22:01

VidBoi7

Eeew. Linkin Park?
I feel unclean.

Come to think of it, it never really was specified when Sturmdamerung would fire, was it?

#87 01/07/08 06:01

geyser
Website

"Eeew. Linkin Park? I feel unclean." Let's just say that their pre-Meteora stuff is mostly OK.

"Come to think of it, it never really was specified when Sturmdamerung would fire, was it?"
Correct. Mai was using some secret intuition there. And maybe she just wanted to act ASAP.

#88 01/07/08 20:01

VidBoi7

It would SUCK if you found a terminal with the schedule.

"Sequence starts ... in October?!"

#89 01/08/08 05:01

geyser
Website

It would SUCK if you found a terminal with the schedule.

"Sequence starts ... in October?!"

Not quite sure what you mean here.

#90 01/08/08 19:01

VidBoi7

If you found out, after starting it early, you did indeed have enough time to stop it entirely. I used 'October', thinking 10 months was an accurate measure of REALLY BIG time frame.

#91 01/11/08 04:01

LastmanSAC

Does anyone have any theories on the actual affects of the "infected areas" - apart from that infection thing Hasegawa and Jamie survived pretty well. And Muro says something about foul water, so really, the areas with ACCs that didn't go down in Mai's December will be able to help the survivors from the intial ACC  collapse.
Any mutations or something - a more crude form of Daoden for the animals that survived in the Infected Areas (new enemies)?

#92 01/11/08 17:01

VidBoi7

As Geyser said, watering down the Daodan concept is kinda lame, but I wouldn't be suprised if something survived out their. Just not humans.
Probably giant killer plants or something.

Wheres somebody smarter when you need them?

#93 01/12/08 07:01

geyser
Website

"And Muro says something about foul water, so really, the areas with ACCs that didn't go down in Mai's December will be able to help the survivors from the intial ACC  collapse."
I fail to see the logic behind the "so". "Dead air and foul water" mean that the intact cities will have to provide water and air to the survivors. Would such a situation be tenable?
That will depend on the proportion. The intact cities/regions can only sustain so many refugees before they close up on themselves, establishing a "live and let die" relationship.

Let's not forget that "dead air and foul water" is what Muro intended to achieve, and also what Mai attempted to prevent. However, it seems the result of Mai's actions is similar.
The short-term consequences of the disaster may be even more dramatic than those of Muro's supposed poisoning (destroyed infrastructure, toxic waste spilled by explosions).

"Any mutations or something - a more crude form of Daoden for the animals that survived in the Infected Areas (new enemies)?" We've been there before, my furry friend smile
We already know that "the world outside the atmospheric processors is poisonous", so for a non-Daodan it's as if every hamster or shrubbery out there was a black mamba.
My idea for a training course was a cave deep inside a contaminated zone, which would have you wrestle a toxic bear or two on the way out, just to get a feel for the basics.
A bear is quite a challenging opponent in melee, even a non-daodanned and non-toxic one. Also note that toxic bites etc still can overload a Daodan's recuperative capacity.
As for Daodan beasts... I wouldn't have (m)any of those, especially not in the wild. The point is that human Imagoes can be even more versatile than Daodanned animals.
Then again, Oni involves a parallel world, which would technically allow for an Earth alternative to ours dominated by beasts alternative to us: that's the Cyntaur concept.
Introducing Cyntaurs directly is obviously cheesy, so I would merely hint at them in Daodan dreams, or through Cyntaur-inspired META-mecha (the Hex Hound concept).

#94 01/14/08 10:01

Iritscen

What about infected horses becoming unicorns?  They could try to run you through with their horn and stuff.  And tigers and lions merge to form doubly dangerous ligers and tigons.  Sorry, I'm a little punchy this morning.

Also, only a Russian could say:

My idea for a training course was a cave deep inside a contaminated zone, which would have you wrestle a toxic bear or two on the way out, just to get a feel for the basics.  A bear is quite a challenging opponent in melee, even a non-daodanned and non-toxic one.

lol smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#95 01/17/08 01:01

LastmanSAC

Geyser, i don't have your impecable education in the world of Oni miscellania, all i know is non-linear philosophy, what the hell is a Cyntaur?

speaking of unicorns, just got season 6 of scrubs, freakin hilarious! (just ignore that)

i think that  e should come up with an entirely original enemy for Mai or whoever the protaginist will be to kill.
Any ideas? (hope this hasn't been done before)

#96 01/17/08 09:01

Iritscen

I think he means a Centaur, a half-man, half-horse, but I could be wrong.

I agree that, while it will be nice to see familiar faces in a sequel, the final enemy should be a new one.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#97 01/17/08 20:01

Your_Mom
Website

Cytaur = Cybernetic Centaur? lol...its something strange and obscure, from what I remember.

droid803sig.jpg

#98 01/17/08 21:01

LastmanSAC

perhaps he means a cybernetic merge between two things - Human and Machine? Daoden and Machine?

anyway, i've had the idea that in a sequel Mai's enemies don't get stronger but she get's weaker because of some Daoden malady. Like Muro's imago cells in the last level have been transferred through blood, and now the two different daoden cells are duking it out. (that also allows for a neat way to beat the ID2 [or at least my ID2])

#99 01/18/08 02:01

VidBoi7

I wonder what the hook at the beginning should be. Mai wakes up ... why? And what does she see when she does?

#100 01/19/08 13:01

geyser
Website

@ Cyntaurs:
I called them Cyntaurs rather than Centaurs because they're rather furry (cyn = dog). Then again, they don't look much like dogs, more like bear/bull. I covered them on the wiki.
They might be the Enemy in Oni 3, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe the Daodan are there to protect us against a major threat (à la Fifth element), but as for why they would do this...
I've read Miyazaki's Nausicaa recently, and by now I'm really wary of a well-defined plot with well-defined entities and motivations. Nothing's ever simple in a truly lifelike story.

@ Enemy: Does there have to be an enemy? People and characters are very eager to define "evil" opponents, but can a sophisticated anime plot rely on such manichean mechanics?

@ Malady: Mai is her own enemy. Throughout a sequel she can oscillate between more and less human versions of herself, depending on her current levels of denial and self-control.

Board footer