Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/18/12 17:03

EdT
Website

Boss Battle Level

BossBattleIntro.jpg

Can you run the Gauntlet and defeat Barabus, Mukade, Evil Konoko and Muro? If so, you face the Iron Demon in the bonus round.

To help you survive, there are hypos, ammo, weapons, scattered throughout the level.  Also, you get a savepoint after each battle.

Get it here: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/80270Boss_Battle.zip

This mod uses Level 23.

#2 03/18/12 19:03

kyletm57

Re: Boss Battle Level

Great work, this is pretty awesome

EDIT: Also I found Barbaras to be exceptionally cheap

Last edited by kyletm57 (03/18/12 20:03)

banner2440.jpg

#3 03/19/12 10:03

Coyote

Great job! I really enjoyed it.

But what have you done to Muro? Even on easy he's hard as hell. He spams his special moves all the time.

Playing bonus level was fun. Although my team gets killed every time before Iron Demon battle. They rarely run off the bombs.
And after defeating Iron Demon, I got Blam!

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#4 03/19/12 11:03

EdT
Website

kyletm57: What do you mean by "I found Barbaras to be exceptionally cheap"?

Coyote, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The melee profile for Muro and the other characters were modified by Loser to be tougher.

Sometimes, I can get some of the team members to survive until the battle with the Iron Demon.

Did the game crash after the win screen appeared? If so, since there is no other level after this one, Oni crashes.

#5 03/19/12 11:03

gmsly

Very challenging  interesting  and many fresh thing

#6 03/19/12 12:03

Coyote

EdT wrote:

The melee profile for Muro and the other characters were modified by Loser to be tougher.

Yeah, they're really tough(except for Barabas, nothing can help him smile ). Muro's melee profile is overpowered. I hate when he blocks rising fury attack smile.

Sometimes, I can get some of the team members to survive until the battle with the Iron Demon.

I have once managed to make three team members survive by jumping down from starting point to a first floor with Iron Demon.

Did the game crash after the win screen appeared? If so, since there is no other level after this one, Oni crashes.

The game crashed at once when I defeated Iron Demon. So I haven't seen win screen.

Last edited by Coyote (03/19/12 12:03)

#7 03/19/12 13:03

kyletm57

@EDT

It's just been a while since i fought him, i havent since i got brutal AI. I found him to be tougher than mukade and muro (just my own opinion, i know most people will find muro harder). also, why no mutant muro?

banner2440.jpg

#8 03/20/12 09:03

Samer
Website

nice job Edt and loser definitely made them more interesting Barabas's jetpack thing is awesome, and mukade's teleportation seems faster, muro's part was too difficult with 3 elites tongue
the iron demon part was fun big_smile I liked the new watch dog sentry droid hybrid tongue but i still think the original sentry droid shoots too quickly and too powerfully, needs a little toning down, and the tctf never run away from the watch dogs' death explosion. the iron demon got stuck in a pillar at one point .. i was hiding behind it ID came close and then it gut stuck with its feet going through the pillar.

I loved the overall concept.

maybe one day u could make a custom character boss battle one :$ ? maybe with casey, hayate, jester, shinibot, jubei akane, .. at different locations like u did here .. casey in tctf hq, jester in dream lab maybe, shinibot in the vault, jubei akane on the rooftops of the regional state building, hayate in the level with pillars similar to the one lukas made.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#9 03/20/12 23:03

EdT
Website

Glad everyone is enjoying this mod.  It was fun coming up with the idea, then a lot of work to make it happen.

Coyote: There might be a mod conflict, perhaps you can uncheck some mods and see if that fixes the problem.

Did anyone else have the problem or were you able to see the Iron Demon explode and then get the win screen?

kyletm57:  I didn't think of adding the mutant smile

Samer: That's the problem with the Iron Demon, the collision spheres does not match its shape, so those things happen.  The TCTF never ran away?  For me, sometimes they would run away, I tried to get them to run away all the time, but couldn't figure out how.

For the custom character boss battle, are you thinking that they would be the opponent?  Or you would play as them?

BTW, you should give level making a try, I'm sure you will do well. smile

#10 03/21/12 13:03

Samer
Website

i meant to fight them ^^ they'll be the bosses

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#11 03/22/12 04:03

berry

help? cant find the level afer installing

Hmm...

#12 03/22/12 06:03

Coyote

@berry: It's the last one on the list level. Also make sure you have OniUnlock installed.

#13 03/22/12 11:03

gmsly

Samer wrote:

i meant to fight them ^^ they'll be the bosses

To fight them or Teammate will be very interesting

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

#14 03/23/12 05:03

berry

ok awesome

Hmm...

#15 03/23/12 15:03

Delano762
Website

Hot damn, this level is just fucking amazing. I found Barabas ultra hard, especially his self-healing inflicting damage and landing on my head made me rage. Mukade and Muro were also challenging as hell, but I managed to beat them at the first attempt. And Evil Konoko was easy. And bonus level was fun big_smile

Last edited by Delano762 (03/23/12 15:03)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#16 03/23/12 17:03

s10k
Website

Played it today it's an awesome level, differently than you I had more trouble with Barabus than with the other bosses. Loved also some new weapons which I never seen.

EDT was left some hidden hypos, ammo and weapons to help us, which I took to win.

#17 03/23/12 20:03

EdT
Website

Is anyone interested in a harder version of the level? 

Originally, I had an Elite with Barabus, Ninja with Mukade and Fury with Evil Konoko, but thought it would be too hard.
Also, I had the stuff in the room with the Iron Demon as breakable, so you couldn't hide and fire away at the Iron Demon.

#18 03/23/12 22:03

berry

Fun level. found that hidden cool gun which emits a blue ray beam , which i killed the iron demon with. but that gun doesnt seem to have a name

Hmm...

#19 03/23/12 23:03

kyletm57

@EdT:

That would be cool, but if you do go through with making that you should make it a different package (so we could still play the easier level)

banner2440.jpg

#20 03/24/12 09:03

s10k
Website

EdT wrote:

Is anyone interested in a harder version of the level? 

Originally, I had an Elite with Barabus, Ninja with Mukade and Fury with Evil Konoko, but thought it would be too hard.
Also, I had the stuff in the room with the Iron Demon as breakable, so you couldn't hide and fire away at the Iron Demon.

That would be awesome, just keep the powerups and weapons.

That would be cool, but if you do go through with making that you should make it a different package (so we could still play the easier level)

I agree or add it in different savepoints.

Last edited by s10k (03/24/12 09:03)

#21 03/24/12 17:03

EdT
Website

Actually, it is very easy to add the other characters.  Go to IGMD/Boss and open boss.bsl in a text editor.

Edit the these lines in the following section:
func void tctf(void) remove the # from the line #ai2_spawn hardelite
func void roof(void) same for #ai2_spawn hardninja
func void dream(void) same for #ai2_spawn hardfury

Finally to make the equipment breakable in the final battle with the Iron Demon

Look for func void noblind(void) and add p3_furniture_breakable = 1 to the function.

#22 03/24/12 22:03

gmsly

Loser's melee profile is too hard make the game feel like in hell

#23 03/24/12 22:03

EdT
Website

gmsly: In that case open up the 80270Boss_Battle package folder go to oni/level0_Final and remove the file BINACJBOMelee Profile.oni and re-install, I'm pretty sure the mod will still work smile

#24 03/25/12 00:03

gmsly

EdT: Install both "21200SentryDroid" and  "Boss Battle Level" the Character SentryDroid will have problems,They will suicide immediately

FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by gmsly (03/25/12 00:03)

#25 03/25/12 05:03

s10k
Website

EdT wrote:

Actually, it is very easy to add the other characters.  Go to IGMD/Boss and open boss.bsl in a text editor.

Edit the these lines in the following section:
func void tctf(void) remove the # from the line #ai2_spawn hardelite
func void roof(void) same for #ai2_spawn hardninja
func void dream(void) same for #ai2_spawn hardfury

Finally to make the equipment breakable in the final battle with the Iron Demon

Look for func void noblind(void) and add p3_furniture_breakable = 1 to the function.

Wow the iron demon with that was hard as hell. But fortunately could get with me almost all the TCTF partners and could win.

Board footer