Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 12/31/07 15:12

Gumby

Re: Seventh Anniversary Edition, Version Much Beta

It did delte all my scripts...good thing i backed them up ^_^

Hey, for good fun, turn on fistsoflegend when in the brawl...it reminds me of the matrix...

Yeah, the doubleknockdown bug is annoying...especially with a running kick...

---

Konoko: Ha!
*Konoko does a flying kick*
*Striker is knocked over*
*Konoko is thrown back*
*Konoko flys backwards over a cliff*
Konoko: WTF! I hate you geyserrrr....
*Striker laughs*
*Konoko dies*

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#52 12/31/07 15:12

geyser
Website

"It did delte all my scripts...good thing i backed them up ^_^" It depends on where your scripts were. You're on the Mac, right?
If you installed the Edition and then edited the scripts in the working GameDataFolder it generated, then what do you expect? smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#53 12/31/07 18:12

EdT
Website

2. I still think that it would be a better use of time to be enabling that "punches-break-glass" mod.

You mean like this:
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/BINA3RAPh2h_dust_p01.oni

Put it in the level0_Final folder and recombine that level.

Here's what it does:
http://wiki.oni2.net/ONK:Glass#Glass-breaking_combos

#54 12/31/07 19:12

Gumby

Yes, I did edit them in the working folder tongue

geyser, you have just insulted my pride...

Me, use a Mac? Never! Macs are-*sees EdT and runs*

#55 12/31/07 20:12

geyser
Website

"I still think that it would be a better use of time" Better than what? "Muro speculation"?
I know what's cool. If I'm not implementing something cool, there's usually a reason smile
Typically, to implement a cool feature consistently requires some massive handwork neutral

"For some reason, you told me before I can't request features." You're forgetting things.
I told you you should focus on helping me figure out that major issue you had with GDF.
Now that it's settled, your requests are totally welcome, even if I may not fill all of them.

1) I'd rather tweak the starting frame than turn the damage off completely. Be patient.
It's OK for the knockback to spoil, e.g., run-jump-kick spam. As for other situations...
Please provide examples of awkward knockbacks with relative positions of characters.
We can then determine when and if damage occurs too early, and set it back a little.
On the whole, I've gotten positive reaction for that feature so far (Ed, the Russians).
If you find it annoying, please wait until we tweak it. You can also disable it manually.
The simplest way to do that is to rename/move/delete the corresponding x3d patches.

2) "Isn't it already worked out and just has to be "plugged into" the Edition scripts?"
Yes and no. We figured out how to do it, but to add it consistently is a lot of work.
Explosive dust is a poor man's hack that I will not add to a release of the Edition.
Rather, one needs to set up a special, new particle, and then edit every animation.
(Of course I mean "only" the animations supposed to break glass, but that's a lot)
And - case-by-case tweaking: just as in the case of the knockdowns, only more so smile

3) The Edition currently doesn't supply level logic of its own, and just uses your original one.
If you had "installed" OneMistake before installing the Edition, you'll inherit it completely...
I love OneMistake, and I definitely want the Edition's main storyline to benefit from it.
Of course it probably won't be as massively massive as OneMistake is. 1 or 2 waves.
Including Barabas would pose problems with his exit and the transition to Chapter 3.
But I'd actually be OK with standalone missions that don't fit Oni's original progresion.
It's a bit as if Mai revisited the events of Oni and dreamt up such overkill deviations.

4) That's scripted. It's easily disrupted by the comguy noticing you (if you rush the group).
It has always been there, and allows for a nice civilian-saving challenge. So, it's a feature.

5) We haven't got around to fixing pathfinding grids in the vicinity of the doorways.
Patrol paths are preset and work OK, but automatically generated paths are buggy.
Doorbumping is an omnipresent flaw, it's just that people usually don't let it happen.
Basically, yet again, because we tend to rush the enemies, not let them come to us.
Two basic situations where this happens are 1) pursuit and 2) return to patrol path.
As I said, we're looking forward to fixing this, but it would involve massive testing.

6) Yes. I haven't done any level-specific modding yet. But that's about to change.

Last edited by geyser (12/31/07 21:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#56 01/01/08 08:01

Ultimatum479

Gumby wrote:

Me, use a Mac? Never! Macs are-*sees EdT and runs*

...Yeah, you'd _better_ run.

Work in progress...

#57 01/02/08 09:01

Iritscen

2) "Isn't it already worked out and just has to be "plugged into" the Edition scripts?"
Yes and no. We figured out how to do it, but to add it consistently is a lot of work.
Explosive dust is a poor man's hack that I will not add to a release of the Edition.
Rather, one needs to set up a special, new particle, and then edit every animation.
(Of course I mean "only" the animations supposed to break glass, but that's a lot)
And - case-by-case tweaking: just as in the case of the knockdowns, only more so smile

How does this correlate with what EdT wrote, about simply recombining level 0 using that particle he supplied?  I'm confused.

5) We haven't got around to fixing pathfinding grids in the vicinity of the doorways [...] it would involve massive testing.

I actually didn't even think you would attempt to fix that; I'm sure it wouldn't be easy.  Anyway, the bug, as far as I'm concerned, is not a big deal.  As you said, it rarely happens because we go up to them rather than waiting for them to come to us.

6) Yes. I haven't done any level-specific modding yet. But that's about to change.

Cool.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#58 01/02/08 11:01

EdT
Website

Iritscen: My patch is the "Explosive dust is a poor man's hack" version. smile
Gumby: Now what have I done to cause you to run???? lol

#59 01/02/08 11:01

Iritscen

Well, I guess I'll just have to be a poor man then, and try it out.  Thanks.

Gumby runs because he knows how violent Mac users can be in defense of our platform.  Get him!!

#60 01/02/08 12:01

Gumby

I run because of how crazy Mac users are to use overpriced useless machines...I never know what they will do next!

#61 01/02/08 12:01

Iritscen

Exactly.  We can afford to hire hitmen... or pay someone who knows PCs to release a virus that destroys Windows and sit laughing at our immunity as it spreads.

#62 01/02/08 13:01

Gumby

You can't afford anything, as Macs are more expensive...and arent worth as much! (and harder to upgrade)

Antivirus is your friend...I never get viruses unless I am being stupid and not paying attention to my downloads...and Macs can get (a few) viruses...

#63 01/02/08 13:01

Iritscen

Sorry, but I tired of PC vs. Mac debates years ago.  Besides, we're off-topic.

Board footer