Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#276 03/03/12 00:03

Mukade

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Certified wrote:

"Thankfully, getting to the motor-pool is a lot easier because of the assault by the Syndicate...."

???

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#277 03/03/12 01:03

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:
Certified wrote:

"Thankfully, getting to the motor-pool is a lot easier because of the assault by the Syndicate...."

???

The Syndicate killed a bunch of guards, therefore, guards from an area that isn't vital would probably come up to reinforce the people above (Only to also be slaughtered)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#278 03/03/12 02:03

Mukade

That really doesn't answer my ??? . You said you were leaving out the front, but your post seems to contradict that. Clarify?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#279 03/03/12 02:03

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

That really doesn't answer my ??? . You said you were leaving out the front, but your post seems to contradict that. Clarify?

Jan wasn't counting on such a large strike force to come, therefore the front is ruled out for him as keeping his disguise would just get him gunned down.

I did mention the motor-pool earlier as an escape Plan-B

#280 03/03/12 18:03

Mukade

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Sorry, I just realized where my confusion lay. You answered for Striker not yourself xD
You said JEFF was leaving by the front, but since you posted it, I guess I must have automatically skimmed the name and assumed it was Jan smile

Last edited by Mukade (03/03/12 18:03)

#281 03/04/12 10:03

Striker

Certified wrote:

No, Jeff is going out the front door where they parked the vans

The motor pool is a basement level with the TCTF's vehicles, leading out into a tunnel that goes out for another block to the surface (Still in the same cell, but on another nearby street, not immediately visible from the Science Prison)

Fixed it for you.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#282 03/04/12 12:03

Mukade

In that case, I'll be heading for the front. In which case my original proposal still stands. I wouldn't really know which way Jan was heading, but would probably know, or at least suspect that the Syndicate were coming out the way they came in, and with the arrival of the Helicopters, I would know that they were moving out soon, so I would hurry. I'd need to roll against Striker to see if I make it there before they leave. Just want to get your confirmation on this Striker, before I post.

Last edited by Mukade (03/04/12 12:03)

#283 03/04/12 14:03

Striker

Mukade wrote:

In that case, I'll be heading for the front. In which case my original proposal still stands. I wouldn't really know which way Jan was heading, but would probably know, or at least suspect that the Syndicate were coming out the way they came in, and with the arrival of the Helicopters, I would know that they were moving out soon, so I would hurry. I'd need to roll against Striker to see if I make it there before they leave. Just want to get your confirmation on this Striker, before I post.

Is Micah trying to reach Damion? If yes, it sounds fine with me. Go ahead and roll.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#284 03/05/12 22:03

Striker

To TheCreature: Creature, would it be possible for you to snip your most recent post? I was planning on dealing with both the TCTF helicopter and Micah. I was going to roll first to determine whether the Syndicate/TCTF win in the helicopter battle, then roll to determine whether Micah reaches Damion in time. It would be great if you removed/edited your post to something else. Thanks.

Sorry for the double post; I needed Creature to see this.

#285 03/05/12 22:03

Mukade

@TC Might have helped if you kept up with discussion, but to clarify more, my role wasn't combat role. The situation is, I need the Syndicate's help to catch my target, and went in search for Damion, the leader of the attack. However, when the helicopters passed over, I figured that they would be leaving, so I started running for the vans. The roll was to see if I caught up to Damion before he left. So right now, I'm waiting for Striker to roll against me.

#286 03/05/12 22:03

kyletm57

@TC:

You could edit the post so that it was only the helicopter vs. the syndicate troops and leave the portion about Micah out. That way you're post won't go to waste and  Striker can still deal with Micah. This is just a suggestion, of course.

banner2440.jpg

#287 03/06/12 16:03

Striker

To Mukade: I have found a few inconsistencies in your latest post, please fix them when you can:
Damion, Jeff, Andrew and 3 furies entered the back of the van. The driver's seat and passenger's seat are occupied by the Grunt striker named "Calvin" (or "Cal" for short) and a Comm trooper (the same ones who drove Jeff in this post). Since that Comm trooper knows a lot about the Syndicate communications (he was the one who encrypted the Syndicate communications via satellites during the mission), he should know about Micah. He could be the one who allows him to enter the van and sit in the back (assuming that Micah was contacted and hired by the Syndicate). However, you could make it so that Damion noticed Micah running down the stairs and allows him to quickly enter before checking the vans, making sure that the ninjas have retreated to their assigned vans (which they did), and departing south-west.

#288 03/06/12 22:03

Mukade

Hmm, alright, I'll fix that when I can. I was thinking that a ninja or two would have seen Micah go by, and so they would know he's there, and would have notified Damion and the Comm Officer. I originally intended for it to have been the Syndicate that hired me, but on reflection it doesn't make sense after what's happened. If they did indeed hire me, Damion wouldn't have been fooled by Jan's disguise, or his not very subtle thawing out Yukie. The only way I can think of that would set this straight, would be if, for some reason, Damion thought it would be better not to stop Jan, but unless someone can think up a good reason for this, I'm going to have to rethink some things.

#289 03/06/12 22:03

Valkyrur

Mukade wrote:

for some reason, Damion thought it would be better not to stop Jan

An enemy of an enemy is a friend

#290 03/06/12 22:03

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Hmm, alright, I'll fix that when I can. I was thinking that a ninja or two would have seen Micah go by, and so they would know he's there, and would have notified Damion and the Comm Officer. I originally intended for it to have been the Syndicate that hired me, but on reflection it doesn't make sense after what's happened. If they did indeed hire me, Damion wouldn't have been fooled by Jan's disguise, or his not very subtle thawing out Yukie. The only way I can think of that would set this straight, would be if, for some reason, Damion thought it would be better not to stop Jan, but unless someone can think up a good reason for this, I'm going to have to rethink some things.

I wouldn't say that Damion is a superhuman being who can detect his disguised target from a mile away. Either way, Damion had only seen Jan wearing the Grunt striker armour, so even though he might have been surprised to see strikers thawing out another symbiote, I don't think he would be suspicious enough to check Jan's real identity. After all, his mission was simple - get in, get the cryotube, get out. Damion wouldn't pay too much attention to the slightly suspicious strikers, he had more important matters to attend to. Also, the Syndicate did not know where Jan really was and what he was doing at that moment, so Damion's lack of suspicion would be believable.

As for the "how did the syndicate know Micah was there" thing - you are welcome to experiment with it. Damion could've recognized his face/armour, the Ninjas could've seen him and reported to Damion (make sure Damion mentions this to Micah), and even the Comm trooper noticed him and notified Damion of his presence.

#291 03/06/12 22:03

Mukade

You have a point... I'll give it some thought. But if they were the ones who set out the contract in the first place, to retrieve the information that he stole, presumably it means that they didn't want him to get his hands on Yukie. Although, then again, when he first got the information, he was still with the TCTF. Maybe I could say that when Damion went over to confront Jan, he changed his mind, and let them proceed. Could be his plan was to get Yukie attached to Jan, and then exploiting that weakness, holding Jan hostage later, and thus either having some sort of leverage over her, or making her furious by killing Jan whilst framing the TCTF. I can see a few ways this could go.

Sorry I was typing as I was thinking xD

@Striker I intend to have a dialogue between them to smooth some of this stuff out smile

Last edited by Mukade (03/06/12 22:03)

#292 03/07/12 09:03

Striker

Mukade wrote:

You have a point... I'll give it some thought. But if they were the ones who set out the contract in the first place, to retrieve the information that he stole, presumably it means that they didn't want him to get his hands on Yukie. Although, then again, when he first got the information, he was still with the TCTF. Maybe I could say that when Damion went over to confront Jan, he changed his mind, and let them proceed. Could be his plan was to get Yukie attached to Jan, and then exploiting that weakness, holding Jan hostage later, and thus either having some sort of leverage over her, or making her furious by killing Jan whilst framing the TCTF. I can see a few ways this could go.

I am not exactly sure you understood what I meant. Damion did not know that it was Jan who was thawing out Yukie. To him, it looked like a Grunt striker squad was thawing out the wrong symbiote (he did not know it was Yukie, he just looked at her and thought "meh... bring her too."). Jan n' friends put on a convincing disguise for a reason.

For me everything falls into place nicely - Naomi received a notice that some information was stolen from that very same Comm Trooper (call him Kyle; I will be using him a little bit throughout the story), she then told Kyle to hire someone (safer to trust delicate information to someone who doesn't know what it's for), he hired Micah (I think it would be cool if Kyle knew Micah somehow, this would make it more believable when Micah is told to get in the van with them), Damion is sent to retrieve Muro's body from the TCTF Science Prison, he takes the specimen and leaves (turns out that Jan was in the facility too, but no one knew except Micah), Micah can't take Jan n' friends alone so he decides that he needs help from the Syndicate (who he thinks hired him anyway), so he decides to catch up with Damion and convince him to allow him on board of the van (Kyle could remember Micah's face/armour and tell him to get in the back with them), while Jan n' friends try to escape the facility a different way. Remember: Damion has to transmit a messsage to all the mission troops to quickly return to their vans in less than a minute or else they will depart (Jan's stolen striker armour recieves the message via WristPanel, but no one is there to hear it). No one responds to the transmission (the ninjas and Banshee furies have returned to their vans already), so Damion decides to depart quickly heading southwest (Micah is already inside the back of the van with Damion, Jeff, Andrew and 3 furies along with the cryotube).

It would be cool if Micah joined the Syndicate permanently (if you decide that Kyle knows Micah already, Micah can easily get a permanent residence within the Syndicate HQ, free necessities and also other stuff. However, he will have to basically serve only the Syndicate for his entire life except after he has retired). There are many benefits to being a permanent dedicated troop for the Syndicate. If you have any questions about it, ask me and I will do my best to answer them.

#293 03/07/12 09:03

kyletm57

Striker wrote:

(call him Kyle; I will be using him a little bit throughout the story)

That's gonna confuse me hmm

Last edited by kyletm57 (03/07/12 09:03)

banner2440.jpg

#294 03/07/12 09:03

Striker

kyletm57 wrote:
Striker wrote:

(call him Kyle; I will be using him a little bit throughout the story)

That's gonna confuse me hmm

We aren't using your name in the roleplay. "Kyle" is the Comm Trooper, "Jin" is your character. Either way, if we were referring to you, we would probably say just "kyle" or "kyletm57".

#295 03/07/12 10:03

kyletm57

Good point, never-mind then.

banner2440.jpg

#296 03/07/12 14:03

Mukade

Hmm, so you're saying that Damion really didn't have any knowledge on Yukie at all, or about Jan or anything to do with that. You're saying that would have all been Naomi.... Okay, I think I can deal with that smile

#297 03/07/12 16:03

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Hmm, so you're saying that Damion really didn't have any knowledge on Yukie at all, or about Jan or anything to do with that. You're saying that would have all been Naomi.... Okay, I think I can deal with that smile

Damion knows about Jan (the fact that he has stolen information and that he needs to be captured/killed), but he doesn't know that one of the strikers in the cryobay chamber were Jan.

#298 03/07/12 18:03

Mukade

Therein lies my doubt. You'd think that if he knew about Jan and Yukie, he would have made the connection when he saw the Striker thawing her out :-/

Last edited by Mukade (03/07/12 18:03)

#299 03/07/12 18:03

Striker

Mukade wrote:

Therein lies my doubt. You'd think that if he knew about Jan and Yukie, he would have made the connection when he saw the Striker thawing her out :-/

But he doesn't know about Jan and Yukie. To him it looked like 3 strikers thawing out the wrong person.

#300 03/08/12 00:03

Mukade

!!!!

Striker wrote:

Damion knows about Jan

You need to make up your mind bro O_o

Board footer