Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/11/12 22:02

EdT
Website

De Dust Deluxe

de_dust.jpg

Get it here: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/80260De_Dustv1.1.zip Updated Feb 15.  Textures and geometry fixed (Thanks Delano762)

De Dust Deluxe is based on the port by Delano762.  You can play several mods based on savepoints.

SP 0: Explore the De Dust level
SP 1: Knockdown Parkour - Find and knockdown 20 opponents in the fastest time. My best time is 176 seconds.
SP2: Oni Team Arena - Original by geyser
SP3: Oni Zen Garden - Original by Leus
SP4: Renegade - Original by Script_10k and geyser
SP5: Against All Odds - Original by Mengjun
SP6: Take Me Down - Original by Script_10k
SP7: Clean up - Unlimited ammo, limited health, all opponents are armed, can you clean up the town?

To access the the savepoints, enter Developer Mode, in the console (Press Tilde) enter the command getgames then press the RETURN key.
If you want to try First Person Mode, enter the command fpm in the console and fpmoff to go back to normal. 

Since there are different scripts, I had to modify them to work together. However, there might still be some conflicts between them.

Note: This uses Level 22, if you have not unlocked the higher levels, you will need to use OniUnlock: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1951

Warning: For some unknown reason there is no collision with the angled edge along the rooftops, so you will fall through them.  I did add polygons underneath some parts, but not all.  Especially in the Knockdown parkour, be careful of where you step.
de_dust_edge.jpg

#2 02/12/12 01:02

Mukade

Re: De Dust Deluxe

Glad to see this got put to good use. +1 EdT big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 02/12/12 04:02

Delano762
Website

Yeah, that's awesome.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#4 02/12/12 06:02

gmsly

awesome map!!!  it's interesting

#5 02/12/12 16:02

Samer
Website

EdT thank u for keeping Oni FUN !! love this ! absolutely loved having different scripts for different save points (great idea)! loved the clear town one felt i'm in a western movie tongue and the knockdown parkour ! u're very creative big_smile.. if u ever update the junkyard u should do that too ( different save points - different scripts)

and of course thanks Delano for porting it smile

Last edited by Samer (02/12/12 16:02)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 02/12/12 17:02

Lukas Kreator

Agree, different scripts for different save points is a simple, efficient and great idea.

#7 02/12/12 19:02

s10k
Website

EdT great as always, must thank also Delano762.

I'm anxious to try it.

#8 02/13/12 00:02

EdT
Website

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this level.  I got tired of moving files around to play different mods, so I came up with using save points.

One thing cool about this method is that functions from a mod is available to the other mods.  For example I used the kills counter function from Oni Zen Garden in the Knockdown parkour and Clean up the town, to keep track of the kills.

Also, if you want to play music, OZG has the functions to do so.  Enter music in the console and you get a list of music that can be played.
Perhaps, someday we can create a library of functions that can be used in future mods.

Now we just need Script_10k to create a new script for us to play with!  big_smile

#9 02/13/12 13:02

Delano762
Website

Ok, here are some geometry issues:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 … reenshots/
Screenshots (from left to right) 1,2, 4-12 and 14 show badly rotated/scaled textures, which were rotated/scaled correctly in the sketchup files I've released. How the heck did this happen?
3 shows the location of some kind of invisible wall thanks to which I've fallen a few times.
13 shows the stairs without an invisible ramp, so you can't climb them. There are some more of them.
15 shows a face without texture.
And that would be all those issues I've noticed.

So anyway, I'm really enjoying "Clear out the Town" mode, and I have a little idea regarding it which is called "Clear out the Town silently/Sam Fisher style". You can't be spotted, otherwise it's mission failed, or something similar. What do you think?

Last edited by Delano762 (02/13/12 13:02)

#10 02/13/12 14:02

Mukade

That should be too hard to do. It would have to be one hit kills, otherwise, if you hit an NPC once, and then he notices you, you fail tongue
You could make it so that if an NPC plays his "you've been seen" animation, the game ends. This could be done in the BINACHAR, except then I wouldn't know how to separate that condition from the rest of the savepoints tongue

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 02/13/12 15:02

Striker

Delano762 wrote:

So anyway, I'm really enjoying "Clear out the Town" mode, and I have a little idea regarding it which is called "Clear out the Town silently/Sam Fisher style". You can't be spotted, otherwise it's mission failed, or something similar. What do you think?

I don't think that this is a very good idea; Oni's main focus was on hand-to-hand combat and shooting, stealth in Oni is nearly useless as the enemies are usually impossible to avoid.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#12 02/13/12 15:02

EdT
Website

Delano762:  Thanks for the screenshots, the reason the textures got messed up is that I had to reverse most of the polygons to be front facing.  Then I had to re-texture them, obviously, I didn't do a good job, oh well...  When I feel like working on it again, I'll fix them

#13 02/13/12 17:02

Lukas Kreator

Striker wrote:

I don't think that this is a very good idea; Oni's main focus was on hand-to-hand combat and shooting, stealth in Oni is nearly useless as the enemies are usually impossible to avoid.

We can just lower their health to make them killable with a back-breaker. They'll still be a challenge because of the "don't let them see you" thing.

#14 02/13/12 17:02

Mukade

I was thinking M-Bow. You'd have to sneak around, and shoot them from where they won't be able to see you.

#15 02/13/12 18:02

Delano762
Website

Mukade wrote:

That should be too hard to do. It would have to be one hit kills, otherwise, if you hit an NPC once, and then he notices you, you fail tongue

We can go with alarm consoles then.

#16 02/13/12 18:02

Mukade

Hmm, that's an intriguing idea.

#17 02/14/12 14:02

EdT
Website

Delano762: If you have time, can you fix the textures?  Here is the Sketchup file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1869/De_DustOni.skp.zip
I have started on another mod...  Thanks

#18 02/14/12 17:02

Delano762
Website

Naturally.

#19 02/15/12 14:02

Delano762
Website

Here you go: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21334947/Ammo.rar Most of the stuff is either fixed, looks properly, or at least is properly rotated. Plus I've added and modified some of the stairs.

Last edited by Delano762 (02/15/12 14:02)

#20 02/15/12 19:02

EdT
Website

Delano762: Thank you, package updated: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/80260De_Dustv1.1.zip

#21 02/16/12 07:02

tokenoftime92
Website

Awesome.

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#22 02/16/12 08:02

s10k
Website

EdT wrote:

Now we just need Script_10k to create a new script for us to play with!  big_smile

You are right even now that is much easier to do them and build up even imaginable things to just some years ago. I'm kinda loosing time with another projects although, so I don't have much time for oni modding right now. But I've not forgot the game. wink

#23 02/20/12 21:02

kyletm57

*sigh*, looks like I'm late to the party, lol. Anyway I loved it, really nice work

banner2440.jpg

Board footer