Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 6/2/12 17:22

Striker
Member
From: Toronto, ON
Registered: 10/3/08

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Mukade wrote:

WCG is the World Coalition Government, the Syndicate is a crime organisation. While I suppose any major crime organisation has some sort of foothold in the local government, and in this case, maybe more than local, they aren't affiliated.

So we could say that the Syndicate is not on the side of the WCG?


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#102 6/2/12 17:30

Mukade
Member
From: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada
Registered: 29/5/07

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

lol, of Course not big_smile It wouldn't be a crime organisation if it were aligned with the government. I was just saying that it may have infiltrated some of the government's lower ranks, but that's another story.


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#103 6/2/12 17:43

Yoriko
Member
From: Sweden, Gothenburg
Registered: 15/2/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Certified wrote:

IMO, we need Syndie people.

TCTF and it's allies are oversaturated ATM.

For the record, my character will most likely join the syndicate (being created by BGI and all) so I think it would be quite balanced with that.
I have been very inactive lately cause of school however after tommorrows math test I should have time (and sufficent mental capacity) to cook up something.

Also: Glad to see you joining the RP Mukade big_smile


-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

Offline

#104 6/2/12 18:08

Valkyrur
Member
From: Russia
Registered: 4/12/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

We need to come up with an agreement on how currency works here

-snip, misread Striker's post. He said Dollar not Yen when talking about the Chrysalis prices-

Last edited by Valkyrur (6/2/12 18:10)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#105 6/2/12 18:41

Striker
Member
From: Toronto, ON
Registered: 10/3/08

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Certified wrote:

We need to come up with an agreement on how currency works here

We should use American dollars as currency because we're all familiar with them. It makes it so much easier dealing with money.


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#106 6/2/12 18:51

Valkyrur
Member
From: Russia
Registered: 4/12/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Striker wrote:
Certified wrote:

We need to come up with an agreement on how currency works here

We should use American dollars as currency because we're all familiar with them. It makes it so much easier dealing with money.

Ok then, mega-inflated currency it is then

Oh and Creature, fix that timing in your GM post, it's off by an hour, it should be 8, not 7.


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#107 6/2/12 20:21

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

OK.  Will do.

Also, I think the WCG would standardize all the currency, so anything would work.  Some people would still have money from before, too so Yen and Euros could still be seen occasionally.


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#108 6/2/12 21:38

Valkyrur
Member
From: Russia
Registered: 4/12/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Since I'm going to be mentioning Yukie a lot soon, I might as well put up a picture of general appearance since the character creation thread's rules imply that it shouldn't be cluttered with character specific minor NPCs/Future backup characters in event of one dying.

Will put up a proper character creation in the specific thread at a later time if/when Jan gets killed off somehow.

Yukie.png

Orange eyes (Corrupted chrysalis side effect), 1.7 Meters tall, Pale-ish skin (Think like Barabas, but not as extreme, again, Chrysalis side-effect), Slim


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#109 6/2/12 22:18

Striker
Member
From: Toronto, ON
Registered: 10/3/08

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Certified wrote:

Since I'm going to be mentioning Yukie a lot soon, I might as well put up a picture of general appearance since the character creation thread's rules imply that it shouldn't be cluttered with character specific minor NPCs/Future backup characters in event of one dying.

Will put up a proper character creation in the specific thread at a later time if/when Jan gets killed off somehow.

Orange eyes (Corrupted chrysalis side effect), 1.7 Meters tall, Pale-ish skin (Think like Barabas, but not as extreme, again, Chrysalis side-effect), Slim

Ah, I just realized that we need to think out if/when characters die for good. I mean I'm sure someone is going to get bored of their character and want to make another one, killing off their original one or wrapping up their story somehow. Creature, I think you should explain how this should work.


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#110 6/2/12 22:34

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Ok... if someone dies permanently... I've never really dealt with that before (off the LARP field, that is)

Anyways... if you die, go back into the Character creation thread, and edit that character's page with a big "DECEASED" or "DEAD" in there somewhere.  You can also remove the picture of your character, to save space.  The create a new character in a new post.
Pro: Bumps the thread so everyone sees your new char.
con: Space waster

OR

You remove your old character except for the "Dead" thing and his name.  Then you create your new character in place of the first one.
Pro:  Saves space
Con:  No thread bump, so people would have to go looking for your new character to see him.


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#111 6/2/12 22:47

Striker
Member
From: Toronto, ON
Registered: 10/3/08

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

TheCreature wrote:

Anyways... if you die, go back into the Character creation thread, and edit that character's page with a big "DECEASED" or "DEAD" in there somewhere.  You can also remove the picture of your character, to save space.  The create a new character in a new post.
Pro: Bumps the thread so everyone sees your new char.
con: Space waster

I think this option is the best, that way it keeps records of old characters, etcetera.


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#112 6/2/12 22:48

Valkyrur
Member
From: Russia
Registered: 4/12/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Striker wrote:
TheCreature wrote:

Anyways... if you die, go back into the Character creation thread, and edit that character's page with a big "DECEASED" or "DEAD" in there somewhere.  You can also remove the picture of your character, to save space.  The create a new character in a new post.
Pro: Bumps the thread so everyone sees your new char.
con: Space waster

I think this option is the best, that way it keeps records of old characters, etcetera.

Indeed, the second option just seems, unpreserving of old data


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#113 7/2/12 1:10

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Well that's settled then.  And I agree.  But how do we decide if people are dead?


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#114 7/2/12 1:25

Mukade
Member
From: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada
Registered: 29/5/07

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Well I don't think that should happen unless whoever is playing the character decides it, and then devises a suitable way to do this.


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#115 7/2/12 1:35

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Yeah.  Although we don't want any "I just got shot in the head with a rocket, but I'm still alive".  We'll definitely keep it realistic though.  You're not going to just up and die in a fistfight; it'll have to be something really tough to kill you.

Also; I'm going to put forward a proposed rule:  I think it should be reasonably difficult to 'ascend' to Daodan and then to Imago.  What I propose is that getting implanted takes ~3AP to accomplish, and can only happen if the circumstances are believable.  For Imago, it'd be ~4AP, and you would have to roll for it.  (this isn't trying to stop you, Certified, I just realized that we might need to have a system in place governing this.)


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#116 7/2/12 14:43

Mukade
Member
From: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada
Registered: 29/5/07

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Yup. And also once you're there, there's no going back. I don't want to end up with a bunch of superpowered neohumans running around. I for one don't plan on volunteering my character for that, unless someone manages to inject me without my knowing >_>

Also, no rush, but I do eventually need a kick for my character from a GM to join with the main story.

Last edited by Mukade (7/2/12 14:44)


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#117 7/2/12 16:00

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

I know.  I'm working on the kick.


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#118 7/2/12 16:31

Striker
Member
From: Toronto, ON
Registered: 10/3/08

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

TheCreature wrote:

Yeah.  Although we don't want any "I just got shot in the head with a rocket, but I'm still alive".  We'll definitely keep it realistic though.  You're not going to just up and die in a fistfight; it'll have to be something really tough to kill you.

Also; I'm going to put forward a proposed rule:  I think it should be reasonably difficult to 'ascend' to Daodan and then to Imago.  What I propose is that getting implanted takes ~3AP to accomplish, and can only happen if the circumstances are believable.  For Imago, it'd be ~4AP, and you would have to roll for it.  (this isn't trying to stop you, Certified, I just realized that we might need to have a system in place governing this.)

Creature, please explain this rule a bit more and I will add it to the rules thread. Thanks.


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#119 7/2/12 17:38

Valkyrur
Member
From: Russia
Registered: 4/12/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Mukade wrote:

Yup. And also once you're there, there's no going back. I don't want to end up with a bunch of superpowered neohumans running around. I for one don't plan on volunteering my character for that

Well atleast in Jan's case it was a scenario where it was either do it or die from airborne infections of which there is no known medications for.


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#120 7/2/12 17:59

Striker
Member
From: Toronto, ON
Registered: 10/3/08

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Just in case people would want to use this further in the roleplay: Sytropin is the medicine that slows down the chrysalis' transformation.


Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Offline

#121 7/2/12 18:13

Valkyrur
Member
From: Russia
Registered: 4/12/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Striker wrote:

Just in case people would want to use this further in the roleplay: Sytropin is the medicine that slows down the chrysalis' transformation.

I'm taking the assumption that is what Barabas WASN'T taking.

EDIT:

Which is ironic because real-life Sytropin is a growth hormone supplement

EDIT:

Which in a way makes sense:

Non-Daodan cells growing at a faster rate than Daodan cells = Slowed down transformation (Atleast by my logic)

Last edited by Valkyrur (7/2/12 18:16)


SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

Offline

#122 7/2/12 19:32

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Okay... expanded upon...

Jeff decides he wants to get Daodan implanted.  He first goes and finds a Daodan dealer so he can have it implanted.

Having the Daodan implanted into his body takes a heavy toll on Jeff's body, costing him 2-4AP depending on his health, the quality of the Daodan and the skill of the dealer.

A while later, Jeff decides he wants to ascend to Imago stage.  He first has to set up the scenario:  An Imago-oriented training regimen, a strenuous adventure, etc.  This will get the Daodan to the point of ascension, which will be a conscious decision by his character.

Jeff's character then makes the decision to let the Daodan take over his body, which costs 3-5AP because of the extreme stress his body will be put through.

Jeff would then roll as if in combat, and a GM will roll against him.  If Jeff wins the roll, he spends the points and becomes an Imago, with all the powers and cool shit, which will be represented by him raising his maximum AP to 6.  He will also always remain conscious, even if he drops below 0AP.  If Jeff loses the roll, he loses the points and is unconscious until he has regained ALL 5 AP.

And the bonuses of these 'levels' of Daodan are as follows:
Full Human:  No bonuses, immune to Daodan-affecting powers and weapons.

Daodan Symbiote:  Immune to environmental and poison effects, can use low powered abilities that won't affect rolls or AP.

Imago:  Maximum of 6AP, immune to environmental and poison effects, can use high-powered abilities that won't affect rolls or AP more than they do already.

Last edited by TheCreature (18/3/12 23:14)


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

#123 7/2/12 20:02

Iritscen
Moderator
From: NC, USA
Registered: 22/10/07

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Certified wrote:
Striker wrote:

Just in case people would want to use this further in the roleplay: Sytropin is the medicine that slows down the chrysalis' transformation.

I'm taking the assumption that is what Barabas WASN'T taking.

EDIT:

Which is ironic because real-life Sytropin is a growth hormone supplement

EDIT:

Which in a way makes sense:

Non-Daodan cells growing at a faster rate than Daodan cells = Slowed down transformation (Atleast by my logic)

Just for the record, Sytropin™ is a trademark for an HGH formula, registered to Speedwinds Nutrition, Inc., and has no affiliation with Oni, Bungie Studios, or Take-Two Interactive, or any subsidiaries thereof.

Ahem.  In fact, Oni predates the product by a couple years.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#124 7/2/12 20:18

kyletm57
Member
From: Lithia, FL.
Registered: 26/6/11

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

Question: In the last fight, my character was badly injured. Should i decrease the amount of AP regenerated to compensate for this (for example he will only gain 1 AP since my last post, which was nearly 5 days ago)?


banner2440.jpg

Offline

#125 7/2/12 20:47

TheCreature
Member
From: Michigan, USA
Registered: 15/12/09

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

No, he still regenerates at the same rate.


The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB