Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 01/26/12 22:01

TheCreature

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

JUST A REMINDER:

Nothing huge, no-one is in the wrong here, I'm just making a note:  I'd like to ask that we tone down the flashbacks.

I don't mind having a character who has the occasional flashback or mental breakdown; that makes things interesting.  But having a flashback every other post is a little too much.  Let your character reveal himself through his actions and conversations with other characters.  Bring up a piece of knowledge that your character knows from his history.  Use a skill that people (even TCTF agents) wouldn't normally know.

Basically, let us get to know your characters through who they ARE instead of who they WERE.  It'll help things move along more quickly, and you'll still have plenty of opportunities to reveal your character.

Again, just saying this as a GUIDELINE.  Not a rule.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#52 01/27/12 23:01

Valkyrur

I've decided to make "Future weapons" based off the original Oni weapons.

It just made no sense for everyone to be still using old weapons (When I said everyone using old weapons, I meant EVERY PERSON, anyone, so don't be thinking I'm saying everyone should move on to new weapons, as obviously old guns are still in play, I'm just saying it would be good to add new guns into the mix, because as we know, Oni didn't have that many weapons), and it would make sense for there to be new models of such weapons, taking place years after Oni afterall.

So, most have you have already seen the AML37, so here is what I am calling the "Campbell Technologies Equalizer MK6", what I have been referring to earlier as "an SMG"

WEAPONS DIRECTORY (Original Oni weapons are implied, this just lists new ones)

TCTF:

AML37:

AML37.jpg

Fire rate: 360 RPM

Range: 30 Meters

Ammo: Energy Cells, 60 shots per cell

Supports fully automatic and burst fire modes like a standard ballistic rifle.

The AML37 (Assault, Miller-Luger Corporation, MK37) is a recently adopted assault rifle made to meet the demand for a weapon with a fire rate to match the Black Adder SMG while giving the same combat effectiveness of the SML3 (Support, Miller-Luger Corporation, MK3). While not a complete replace replacement for the SML3, with it's energy efficiency severely reducing it's damage potential, and the SML3 still being in use by the majority of TCTF's forces, it serves as the adequate weapon for small teams, making up for firepower potential that would be lost using the SML3

Campbell Technologies Equalizer MK6

Equalizer.jpg

Fire rate: 120 RPM

Range: 45 Meters

Ammo: Ballistic Magazines, 30 shots per magazine

Full auto and single shot

The CTE6 is the latest model in Campbell Technologies' Equalizer series. Having been buffed up to a machine pistol it allows it to go from just a sidearm to a valuable PDW and even primary. Despite how it's apparent design may suggest a slow firerate, the CTE6 creates it's exceptional rate of fire by using experimental (And patented) energy cells to drive it's firing pin, recharging themselves off of the thermal energy from the firing of rounds to create an energy cell that will not have to be replaced in the heat of battle. The CTE6 is configured to fire off smaller rounds from the ballistic magazines to eliminate the recoil problem of previous models. However despite it's improvements it is prone to overheating and ceasing to fire for moments at a time due to it's energy cell firing pin

Mercury Bow Revision 7

Mercury%20Bow.jpg

Fire Rate: 12RPM

Range: Up to a kilometer

Ammo: Ballistic Magazine and mercury cartridges + LN2, 2 shots per magazine

The 7th revision of the TCTF mercury bow is not as much of an upgrade to it's combat ability than it is an economic upgrade. Uses less material than older models it lowers recoil, raises aiming stability, and making it cheaper all in one package. The railgun part of it is more compacted to give more force on the same amount of energy and magnetic materials. Features a new scope built in to allow medium range aiming and an adjustable scope to allow experienced snipers to potentially kill from a kilometer away. Less reliable than older models however due to hasty manufacturing in sweatshops overseas along with multiple cut corners in it's design.

Arc Rifle:

Arc%20Gun.jpg

Firerate: Up to 12 fires in a minute

Range: 10 meters

Ammo: 3 energy cells, giving up to 360 fires average

Essentially an oversized Van Der Graff, this weapon has to be manually charged before a shot. Pull back the first handle all the way until it clicks, and then hold down the trigger to charge up energy into a ball of electricity congregating at the end of the barrel. Release the trigger to release it. Comes with two modes, which are switched by moving the front handle from it's back most position or front most position. First mode (As pictured) is Area-of-Effect, which goes forward and down to the floor, where it electrocutes anyone touching the floor or in it's direct aim. Second mode (Not pictured) is focus mode, which closes the hatch below the barrel and extends the barrel all the way up to the front. This mode fires directly in front of it's aim, focusing all of the charged energy into whoever was unlucky enough to be there (And anyone next to or behind them) until their brain or heart shuts off.

Syndicate:

Stahl Rüstungskonzern AKS-177E "Kleiner Krieger"

Guerilla%20Gun.jpg

Firerate: 180RPM

Range: 30 Meters Guaranteed, Up to 100 Meters for supression

Ammo: Ballistic Magazine, 30 rounds per magazine

Full Auto only

An SMG used by Syndicate's Special Forces using parts from various pre-WCG weapons that are since obsolete, modified to use WCG sanctioned universal ammunition while keeping the vintage effectiveness of NATO and Warsaw Pact weapons that recent weapons approved by the WCG lack. Despite it being cheap to manufacture, this SMG sees much less use than the Black Adder due to the dwindling supply of Pre-WCG parts, and thus is only given to high ranking and un-expendable units in the Syndicate, such as the bodyguards of the Syndicate's leader, high ranking officers, and the guards of the most secret Syndicate bases. Basic design is based off of Stahl Arms Corporation's AKS-177E, it's design being a mixture of NATO and Warsaw Pact weapon designs.

Stahl Rüstungskonzern AR-52 "Stürmischen Tag"

Storm%20Changer.jpg

Firerate: 90RPM

Range: 25 Meters guaranteed, 50 Suppression

Ammo: Ballistic Magazine, 20 rounds per mag

Full auto, Underbarrel shotgun

An assault rifle seldom used by Syndicate forces due to it's clunkyness and low durability. Normally is distributed through Syndicate fences to violent anti-WCG terrorists, militias, and other dissidents to generate cheap revenue for the Syndicate's normal R&D efforts. Comes with an oversized carrying handle added to put weight on the original, awkwardly lightweight design, along with an underbarrel shotgun for close encounters. If ever used by Syndicate forces, it is on Syndicate scouts sent in before an attack and other extremely expendable suicide troops.

Stallion Defense Heavy Rail Assault Rifle (HRAR) MOD 2

Railgun.jpg

Firerate: 500RPM

Range: 500 Meters Rail Powered, 75 Meters Unpowered

Ammo: Ballistic magazine, 100 rounds, Energy cell required for rail power

Often confused for an LMG, this assault rifle is nearly recoil-less. Ask a Striker lucky enough to have their hands on this expensive rifle and they will laugh at you until you commit seppeku from the dishonorable embarrassment and defeat, as the HRAR is everything but recoil-less. Infact, the HRAR generates so much recoil that it requires a gyro-stabilizer in order to prevent it from disintegrating the spine of it's user (Note: Only when under rail power). Normally, the HRAR is nothing more than an assault rifle with a large capacity and high fire rate, but if an energy cell is installed into the appropriate slot, it can act as a fully automatic railgun for an estimated 3 full magazines, increasing it's range 5-fold. This also requires it to use a dedicated heat-sink due to the immense heat generated by the un-inhibited railgun mechanics. Previously used by WCG forces during it's early days to quell militant opposition, the HRAR has found it's way into the hands of the Syndicate due to poorly thought out disposal of it. Due to it not being in manufacturing, the HRAR only finds it's way into the hands of 1 in every 500 Strikers, or Syndicate Daodan brutes, such as Lucifer, the former Barabas, and others unknown.

Faction Neutral

Stallion Defense Light Infantry Assault Rifle (LIAR)

LIAR.jpg

Firerate: 300RPM

Range: 100 Meters

Ammo: Ballistic Magazine, 30 rounds

The LIAR is currently a cheap, conventional assault rifle in manufacturing by Stallion Defense. Coming in two models, a military model exclusive to forces under the WCG like the TCTF, with support for full auto modes and other key features. The "Civilian" model (If you can call it that) is only sold to licensed PMCs and military contractors approved directly by the WCG (Such as Beachhead Security), with many features cut from the military model, specifically the firemode limited to 3-round burst, and no support for energy-cell firing pins.

Last edited by Valkyrur (02/21/12 23:02)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#53 01/28/12 01:01

TheCreature

Cool!  Make a general directory in that post, Certified.  Striker's gonna go through and edit stuff into the OP for people, so put a bold notice at the top for him.

Important NPC's list:

TCTF:

Mai Hasegawa:
     Daodan Color:  Light Purple
     Fighting Style:  Mixed Martial Arts.  Adept at almost all weaponry, and a skilled hand to hand fighter.
     Basic Appearance:  C'mon, do you really need to be told? KONtransform.jpg (http://wiki.oni2.net/w/images/thumb/d/d … teaser.jpg)

Jacob Butler:
     Daodan Color:  Green-Blue
     Fighting Style:  TCTF Black Ops training.  Adept with most weapons, relies on his strength in hand-to-hand combat.
     Basic Appearance:  Balding, usually wears a casual suit and sunglasses.  argenziano_carmen_1.jpg

Samuel Corvlaski
     Daodan Color:  None
     Fighting Style:  TCTF Black Ops training.  Adept with basic weapons, employs joint locks and grappling in hand-to-hand combat.
     Basic Appearance:  Light brown hair cut short, clean-shaven, square jaw, small nose.  Usually wears TCTF BlackOps gear.

Syndicate

Naomi Amara:
     Daodan Color:  Ice Blue
     Fighting Style:  Fluid, Cold, Precise.  Adept with all weapons, flows through combat with cold lethality.
     Basic Appearance:  Dark hair, small features, and hazel eyes.  Usually wears black, form-fitting clothes or loose dresses, and often has dark eye shadow on.  6710.summer_5F00_glau_5F00_20091211_5F00_2158_5F00_1280x800.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Damion:
     Daodan Color:  Dark, Blood Red
     Fighting Style:  Ninja-Inspired self-taught.  Basic Weapons knowledge, prefers to avoid direct hand-to-hand combat, evasive.
     Basic Appearance:  Oiled black hair, Designer sunglasses, pointed nose.  Usually wears loose fitting clothing and a leather jacket.

"Lucifer":
     Daodan Color:  Dim Orange
     Fighting Style:  Self-taught.  Knows which end of a gun to hold, enjoys playing catch with vehicles.
     Basic Appearance:  Wears oversized combat boots, mismatched armor, and a spray-painted insignia.  His head seems small on his huge body, and his hair is usually spiked to compensate for the size difference.

Last edited by TheCreature (01/28/12 19:01)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#54 01/29/12 22:01

Striker

I have lurked on the wiki for a bit, and stumbled upon the official(?) Oni manual.
It shows all types of characters and their proper terminologies (we no longer need to refer to green strikers as 'green strikers' or 'low-level strikers' or 'n00b strikers', but simply 'Grunts').

You can see the page by clicking here.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#55 01/30/12 11:01

Lukas Kreator

Oh, that is really cool!
I didn't know about that.

#56 01/30/12 12:01

Striker

Lukas Kreator wrote:

Oh, that is really cool!
I didn't know about that.

Why don't you join the roleplay (or at least follow it)?
We're always looking for new people!

Last edited by Striker (01/30/12 12:01)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#57 01/30/12 12:01

Lukas Kreator

Nah, thanks, I'd probably forget to post there lol

#58 01/31/12 21:01

kyletm57

I think i'm going to (try to at least) draw some artwork pertaining to the RP. So i was thinking, could you guys start a topic dedicated to RP artwork? I think it would be beneficial to have a place for people to post that kind of stuff.

banner2440.jpg

#59 01/31/12 21:01

TheCreature

Sure, I'll start one.  You mind if I post a short list of what we're looking for right now?  Or would you rather just have a place to put related art?

#60 01/31/12 21:01

Striker

I don't personally think that another thread is necessary; using this one is good enough, just put all your artwork in one post.

#61 01/31/12 22:01

TheCreature

(facepalm)

#62 02/01/12 21:02

kyletm57

Erm, my bad guys.
100happyhz6.gif

Anyway, since it's there i'll post some artwork in a few days (don't expect much, i haven't drawn anything in years)

banner2440.jpg

#63 02/01/12 23:02

Valkyrur

I find it ironic we have spent more time discussing the RP than actually doing it.

#64 02/01/12 23:02

TheCreature

Waiting on Striker right now.  He claimed the next GM post.

#65 02/01/12 23:02

Valkyrur

TheCreature wrote:

Waiting on Striker right now.  He claimed the next GM post.

Alright then, I'm cool with him delaying for abit, I hear he's been busy with school lately

Oh, and updated my last post to make a bit more sense for what I was thinking

#66 02/03/12 14:02

Striker

From the roleplay thread:

Yoriko wrote:

6:26 AM G1

Saru crawled out from under a desk he had been hiding under when he heard the first explosion hit a floor above him, from that moment he had heard nothing but gunfire and screaming for the next three minutes.
He saw some rubble on the floor and looking up he discovered a crack big enough for him to slip through. Saru let of a big smile as he jumped and grabbed hold of the floor above him through the crack and pulled himself up.

Yoriko, when you post something, you must include your current AP at the top, and remove at least 1 AP per major action. Your post must contain at least one significant action (resulting in -1 AP), or else it is not worthy of the post. Please expand on what you wrote and include action points.

#67 02/03/12 15:02

Lithium

Wow this is expanding nicely..

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#68 02/03/12 15:02

Striker

oxe161 wrote:

It would expand even better if you joined us.

#69 02/03/12 18:02

Yoriko

Striker wrote:

From the roleplay thread:

Yoriko wrote:

6:26 AM G1

Saru crawled out from under a desk he had been hiding under when he heard the first explosion hit a floor above him, from that moment he had heard nothing but gunfire and screaming for the next three minutes.
He saw some rubble on the floor and looking up he discovered a crack big enough for him to slip through. Saru let of a big smile as he jumped and grabbed hold of the floor above him through the crack and pulled himself up.

Yoriko, when you post something, you must include your current AP at the top, and remove at least 1 AP per major action. Your post must contain at least one significant action (resulting in -1 AP), or else it is not worthy of the post. Please expand on what you wrote and include action points.

Apologies Strikes, I have updated my post with action points now.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#70 02/03/12 21:02

Striker

Yoriko wrote:

Apologies Strikes, I have updated my post with action points now.

You should consider expanding your character's actions further, what you wrote isn't really worth an action point.
The other participants have the idea, I think you should use their post length as a guide.

#71 02/04/12 13:02

Lithium

Striker wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

It would expand even better if you joined us.

I don't do roleplay.

#72 02/04/12 13:02

Striker

oxe161 wrote:

I don't do roleplay.

Even though you've made a character...

#73 02/04/12 14:02

Lithium

Well something happened and well.. let's just say I got turned off, I guess it might be worth a shot later.

#74 02/04/12 16:02

Striker

To Certified:
Please do not edit your posts and add new events to them; You must write your posts fully the first time.
If you wish to do perform another action, you must wait for another person to post. This time it's ok, but please don't do it again.

Last edited by Striker (02/04/12 16:02)

#75 02/04/12 19:02

kyletm57

Hey Striker, do you think you could edit post #57 so Jin doesn't say "Motherfucker"? I've been avoiding using language with him to add to his character, as he is supposed to be a young, intelligent however naive detective. It would be much appreciated

banner2440.jpg

Board footer