Website

Re: Is that the... Iron Demon?

haha~ midget iron demon.
so cute.

droid803sig.jpg

#4 08/09/08 00:08

love_Oni

So can we import the Iron Demon into Oni yet?

(Er... I don't know why I can go to "oni2.net" now. Great)

Last edited by love_Oni (08/09/08 08:08)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#5 08/09/08 08:08

ONIrules

I saw it on Oni Galore I think. I rememeber its has about 1400 polygons. BTW nice details. Now we could animate this robot.

PS: Its it fully automated already? I saw this in turbosquid and its said A fully animatable model of a futuristic two legged walking robot, for Cinema 4d.

ModTool is enable for obj,dae,3ds, and other files to do animations.

UPDATE!! Just for fun big_smile

Compare the trailer pic with this one. Its a bit smaller big_smile
010496392.jpg 010496393.jpg

UPDATE!! Here another one. Base on the Oni Flyer
010496592.jpg 010496593.jpg

PS: RUN KONOKO!! RUN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ONIrules (08/09/08 18:08)

#6 01/30/12 06:01

Gumby

Bumping this for discussion. I know Iritscen had some ideas about the ID before, but here is something I've been considering.

Iron demon stats:
Unthrowable (ONCC flag!)
Unstunnable (if the ONCC flag doesn't do this, set all animations to be atomic)
Set all stun animation lengths to 1.0 (no stun) except for VDG.
Give it a few thousand health (you'll see)
Unkillable (so we can do some logic to take away the guns it holds before it dies).

Iron demon weapons:
1. Active shielding. Prevents weapon damage and causes large shock to anyone coming near. (do this by toggling chenille)
2. Main guns: Fires fairly quickly. Fires until clip is emptied (bunch of ways to do this in ONWC), long reload time (don't actually set the reload time to be long, just give it a large cooldown after, so we can still do other animations while waiting for the gun to be ready again). Alternatively: One gun is a minigun, one has slower firing but more accurate and better damage dealing shells. Could randomly switch between them, by checking for reload animation and then applying some BSL to set the weapon, or just fire them both at once.
3. Rockets: activated when outside effective range of guns. Pretty much just a faster version of the scram cannon rocket, with minimal tracking. Animation activated, like MMuro's lightning thing. Different types of rockets could be used (poison gas that sticks around in the area, MIRVs, "mines", etc )
4. Self destruction on death. wink
-more later-

Iron demon fight:
0. Large arena, with cover and an activatable laser. Iron demon starts off with shield on, preventing any weapon damage.
1. Move from cover to cover, activate laser (find some creative way to do this, other than (or along with) a console.
- activating the laser makes it start shooting fake laser particles. It also activates a trig volume along the length of the laser, which detects if the ID is inside it. If it is in range, it removes the inventory of the ID (thus taking away the shield), gives the gun back (taken away with inventory reset), and deactivates chenille mode (which deactivates the attack portion of the shield)
To Iritscen: I know you were wanting to have a collapsable ceiling or something, but this is more feasible.
2. Stun it with the VDG (not strictly neccessary, but helps with aiming)
3. Shoot it in the weak point (things on the back) with bullets\MBow for massive damage. Two ways to do this:
A. Modify the ONIE like this: http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD_talk:BINA/ONIE … _head_hits (Easier, but you can only run one ONIE mod at a time)
B. On the weakpoint particles are spawned that detect bullet hit particles and do a bunch of damage. (Harder, but better compatibility)
4. Rinse, repeat. There are different ways to break up the boss fight, this is just the basic structure.

Alternative fight beginning, with homage: ID starts off invisible, completely invulnerable, just firing rockets. Firing at the glass ceiling reveals it and starts at step 0.
Todo:
Data:
1. Include damaging glass, modded to do pickup damage instead of normal damage
2. mod cloak texture to be completely clear
BSL:
Two loops, one continually applying full health until a bool is set, another waiting for pickup damage animation from ID, then sets the bool the first one is waiting for. ID is started off with -1 cloak and a continuous rocket fire loop. This might need some twiddling around to get the unstunnable stuff not to interfere with this logic. Should still be doable though. Alternatively, have an invisible character on the top that dies when you shoot out the roof, setting the bool. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 01/30/12 07:01

s10k
Website

Oh that are pretty good ideas.

#8 01/30/12 08:01

Iritscen

Gumby wrote:

Iron demon stats:
Unthrowable (ONCC flag!)
Unstunnable (if the ONCC flag doesn't do this, set all animations to be atomic)
Set all stun animation lengths to 1.0 (no stun) except for VDG.
Give it a few thousand health (you'll see)
Unkillable (so we can do some logic to take away the guns it holds before it dies).

Yes, this all makes sense.

Iron demon weapons:
1. Active shielding. Prevents weapon damage and causes large shock to anyone coming near. (do this by toggling chenille)

My idea was either to have an electric shield like this, or a reactive animation similar to Mutant Muro's and Barabas' when you get too close.  The animation it uses would trigger flamethrowers around the body.

3. Rockets: activated when outside effective range of guns. Pretty much just a faster version of the scram cannon rocket, with minimal tracking. Animation activated, like MMuro's lightning thing. Different types of rockets could be used (poison gas that sticks around in the area, MIRVs, "mines", etc )

Make sure to give credit where credit is due, I suggested the homing rockets and gas attacks smile

Iron demon fight:
0. Large arena, with cover and an activatable laser. Iron demon starts off with shield on, preventing any weapon damage.
1. Move from cover to cover, activate laser (find some creative way to do this, other than (or along with) a console.
- activating the laser makes it start shooting fake laser particles. It also activates a trig volume along the length of the laser, which detects if the ID is inside it. If it is in range, it removes the inventory of the ID (thus taking away the shield), gives the gun back (taken away with inventory reset), and deactivates chenille mode (which deactivates the attack portion of the shield)
To Iritscen: I know you were wanting to have a collapsable ceiling or something, but this is more feasible.

My plan was either dropping something on the ID, or planting a bomb on it, but yeah, this is more feasible.  Can you find a justification in-world for the lasers, though?  What are they for, and why is the ID there?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 01/30/12 09:01

EdT
Website

I like the ideas.

4. Self destruction on death.

The Iron Demon already does this, it uses the env_bomb particle, but, it is not working the in the parkour level.  I must have forgotten something.

Edit: Found an early example of the explosion: http://edt.oni2.net/temp/ID_Boom2.wmv

Also, because of its shape the collision spheres do not cover all the parts.  That prevents any melee type of attacks, like stomping you smile

#10 01/30/12 09:01

Iritscen

EdT wrote:

4. Self destruction on death.

The Iron Demon already does this, it uses the env_bomb particle, but, it is not working the in the parkour level.  I must have forgotten something.

Well, I'll make sure it works when I make BGI wink

Also, because of its shape the collision spheres do not cover all the parts.  That prevents any melee type of attacks, like stomping you smile

That's okay, I don't think any of us planned on that.  The ID can't really step high enough to do that anyway.  But does this affect the accuracy of being able to hit the ID with bullets?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#11 01/30/12 15:01

Yoriko

I've been thinking about how the fight with the iron demon would be for quite some time so I'm gonna throw my ideas out there.

How about you get to fight two versions of iron demons throughout the game? One using balistic weaponry and the other using energy based weaponry.

Ballistic:
Primary: Dual machine guns with a huge clip size but it is the weapon the ID needs to reload during which it is vulnerable.
Secondary: It uses single SBG with larger explosion size when the ID cannot see the player and/or when the player is unreachable. Fires at the last known location.
Deployed mode: Converts it's dual machine guns to dual scram cannons with larger sized rockets that detonates after a while of pursuing with a decent explosion range.

Energy: (harder)
Primary: Dual plasma cannons that fires rapidly, the reload speed is significantly decreased from that of the machine guns.
Secondary: A much stronger version of the phase projector in conjunction with the plasma cannon fire.
Deployed mode: Fires a gigantic screaming cell upwards that is focused on noone else other than Konoko. Travels a lot faster than the hand held version. (A lot faster as in: The only way to outrun it is by dashing.)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#12 01/30/12 15:01

Gumby

Iritscen, I wasn't trying to steal credit from anyone, just compiling the best ideas around into one place. smile

As for the laser...well, it could be a weapons testing area. Would also account for the various guns lying around that you use to take the ID down, and the appearance of the ID itself. You could also later wield a handheld version of the laser (maybe). smile

EdT: I don't see that particle in the package.

#13 01/30/12 19:01

Knox

That explosion for the Demon is epic in my opinion.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#14 01/30/12 19:01

EdT
Website

Gumby: I should have said "modified env_bomb" particle smile

I will make a simple test level for the Iron Demon.

#15 01/30/12 22:01

kyletm57

Since release, I thought the Iron Demon was lost forever. Oni sure has come a long way since then, i'm really excited to see what happens from here

Last edited by kyletm57 (01/30/12 22:01)

banner2440.jpg

#16 01/30/12 23:01

EdT
Website

Here is a simple test level for the Iron Demon. http://edt.oni2.net/ID/80250IronDemon.zip
This uses level 5, so please uninstall any other mod that is using level 5.

Currently, in the BSL, you are invincible and the Iron Demon when defeated will automatically respawn.

I added danger quads around the column so, in theory, the Iron Demon will go around them.  Also, there is a bridge where the Iron Demon can walk up.
There are flags 0 to 8 scattered about the level.

ID_explosion.jpg
Explosion works!

#17 01/31/12 08:01

gmsly

More explosion will be very spectacular

#18 01/31/12 19:01

Gumby

Any chance you could add a well marked trig volume for testing?

Edit: Bug: projectiles travel through many parts of the ID. sad

#19 01/31/12 19:01

Knox

Playing against Iron Demon = Epic.
Playing AS Iron Demon = Oh my god so amazing!

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#20 02/26/13 21:02

Samer
Website

Iron demon is available now as a separate package http://mods.oni2.net/node/263
to shoot it should be given the included weapon: w45_ID2
for use in scripts it should be given CombatID : 20 ..
Oni%25202013-02-27%252004-46-15-93.jpg

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#21 02/26/13 22:02

EdT
Website

Thanks for uploading it.

Board footer