Windy

Re: Oni Roleplay: Rules/discussion [MUST READ FIRST]

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 10:01)

#27 01/13/12 17:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

I will try, but it is too soon, I don't have any idea what to write about "Rin" at the moment because "TheCreature" has wrote a tiny change to go on for my character.
I hope you understand...
tongue

You broke the rules, and we are giving you a chance to fix that mistake, so please fix it; it's not that difficult.

Last edited by Striker (01/13/12 17:01)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#28 01/13/12 17:01

Windy

neutral

#29 01/13/12 17:01

TheCreature

There you go Windy.  I wrote some more for you to go off of.  Just edit into your off topic post.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#30 01/13/12 17:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

Tch... You are so difficult mr.Striker...
sad

If only you were in my shoes to see how much more difficult you are...

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#31 01/14/12 15:01

Iritscen

I don't have time to participate in this, but I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you guys for not all giving yourself Daodan powers.  I figured this was going to turn into non-stop abuse of magic force fields and regenerating health and such.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#32 01/14/12 17:01

TheCreature

Thanks Iritscen!  And even though you don't have time to participate, I hope you enjoy the story anyways.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#33 01/16/12 13:01

Windy

neutral

#34 01/16/12 14:01

TheCreature

Well, when you write that your character has "Special Powers", it's automatically assumed that you're a Daodan.  In the world of Oni, the Daodan is the only supernatural element.

Windy wrote:

Special powers: *Healing words(can heal friend and foe with her encouraging voice), Charming song (can make her enemies into allies if the enemy has a weak controll over their mind), Charming appearance (this makes her enemies feel bad for attacking, and decide to give up or leave, depending which aligment they are)*
Skills:Diplomatic skills, persuasive skills...

The above special powers are what made me think that you were a Daodan.

Charming Appearance and Charming Song seem to be a limited mind control.  This would be achieved via Daodan Chrysalis.  Although, you could keep a version of these under "skills".  It'd probably be listed as "Charming Presence", and would definitely earn you kudos with friendly characters, but wouldn't really stop someone who wanted to kill you.

Healing Words is outright supernatural.  There's no physical way that talking to someone can heal them, unless there's a Chrysalis power involved.

#35 01/16/12 14:01

Windy

neutral

#36 01/16/12 14:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

@TheCreature, my character is specialy talented that is all !

Just in case you didn't know, Oni is set in reality, circa 2030-something.
Although there are parts of science fiction, every regular human being does not have superhuman powers. That could only be achieved through Chrysalis.

Sorry Windy, but that's how it works.

#37 01/16/12 14:01

Windy

neutral

#38 01/16/12 15:01

TheCreature

"Magnet Man" AKA Liew Thow Lin isn't actually magnetic.  His skin exhibits somewhat high levels of friction.  However, it seems that this power is neutralized with a simple application of powder to their skin.  It's not supernatural at all.  It's merely a trick they've figured out.  Heck, I've stuck coins to myself before.  It's not that hard.

However, there's a difference between little stuff like that and healing/mind controlling someone.  That just doesn't happen in real life.  Furthermore, those people can't control what they do.  It just happens to them.

#39 01/16/12 16:01

Windy

neutral

#40 01/16/12 16:01

Swordbreaker

I'm gonna have to side with the Creature on this.

Annnnnyyywwaaay. How does smoking work? Do they have special masks that allow you to smoke? I know that doesn't make too much sense. But neither does smoking.

Thoughts?

#41 01/16/12 16:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

@TheCreature
You are a NON-BELIEVER !!!
You would not believe that Jesus can walk on water even if you were there and saw it.
You would not clap your hands if you saw a magician perform a magic trick even if it was REAL !
You LOSE, good day sir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZ … re=related

Windy, just so you know: Magic tricks aren't magic, they are illusions (mind tricks); and yes, I would clap if an illusion was impressive. You are acting like a child, and it's honestly starting to annoy many of the people on this forum, including myself.

If you are not willing to follow the rules and act mature, please leave. Thank you.

Swordbreaker wrote:

Annnnnyyywwaaay. How does smoking work? Do they have special masks that allow you to smoke? I know that doesn't make too much sense. But neither does smoking.

Thoughts?

I don't think the air is that poisonous. Masks aren't necessary, but they would greatly improve the quality of life and increase life span of an individual in general.
I think that people would be able to smoke and walk around with no masks, but the pollution would eventually kill them (long-term; 2-3 years if always without mask). Good question though.

Read what Creature wrote below.

Last edited by Striker (01/16/12 16:01)

#42 01/16/12 16:01

TheCreature

@Swordbreaker:  It's personal preference, really.  Taking your mask off for a few minutes to have a smoke won't kill you.  Although, if you wanted, your character could have a helmet with enough room to smoke inside it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM5TBDCemkU @1:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRXLTMv … re=related  @3:31

But yeah, basically just BS your way through it and you'll be fine.

EDIT:  Yeah, what Striker said.

@Windy:  Dude.  Just go with the chrysalis.  It doesn't change your character that much, and doesn't really have any foreseeable downsides.  In addition, if you weren't a Daodan Symbiote, you'd have a very shortened lifespan from having an open wound exposed to the toxic air.

Last edited by TheCreature (01/16/12 21:01)

#43 01/16/12 19:01

Valkyrur

Windy wrote:

Total BS

tf2.jpg

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#44 01/16/12 21:01

TheCreature

(facepalm)

#45 01/16/12 22:01

Iritscen

Play nice, boys.  Windy, they're trying to make a RP game based on the world of Oni, that feels true to the game.  It's important to be familiar with the tone and content of the game, which does include things like "Daodan symbiotes" and does not include things like "miracle healing".  Especially as a newcomer, you shouldn't argue with the rules of the established world that you're playing in.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#46 01/16/12 22:01

Lithium

My you guys are trying to convince him otherwise, pointless efforts. He won't listen. Children aren't easily convinced otherwise of what they claim or what they want to do in a game of imagination. Sorry. Would be best to not let him play. He either follows what he needs to do or his posts become ignored.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#47 01/25/12 18:01

Valkyrur

It's been quite, ahem, DEAD in the RP hasn't it?

Can someone please defib it?

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#48 01/25/12 19:01

Yoriko

It's been 4 days since anybody posted anything new on the roleplaying topic, I'm feeling faint and I think I'm gonna pass out soon. The horror I feel is unexplainable, I cannot survive without a post much longer. I am desperate and I would cherish anything new written on it aslong as it is something. I try to cry but I'm feeling too weak to conjure even the smallest tear. I fall asleep not knowing whether I will wake up again.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#49 01/25/12 20:01

kyletm57

Yoriko wrote:

It's been 4 days since anybody posted anything new on the roleplaying topic, I'm feeling faint and I think I'm gonna pass out soon.

ME SHALL SAVE DAY!!!

Edit: I made a new post, that should give some content for you guys to write about. But please guys, if this thing is going to work then everyone is going to have to actively participate, try to check the thread and make posts as often as possible.

Last edited by kyletm57 (01/25/12 20:01)

banner2440.jpg

#50 01/25/12 23:01

Striker

JUST REMEMBERED (IMPORTANT):
Before we continue with the roleplay, we need to clarify one important thing: Chrysalis.

Daodan Chrysalis was an experiment led by James Hasegawa, with the goal to create a way to biologically protect creatures from the world's toxic environment. Daodan Chrysalis is a biological entity which could be implanted into a host via a medical operation, and serves as a replacement for the host's cells and tissues. A chrysalis implant results in quicker cell repair as well as strong protection of the host from viruses/infections and pollution (amongst other things). Daodan Chrysalis, however, could quickly mutate the host's genome (if not controlled) and cause the host to experience sudden bursts of energy, as well as uncontrolled release of different hormones including epinephrine (adrenaline) and testosterone. If the host allows their chrysalis to mutate at a rapid rate (or slow rate for an extended period of time), the host could experience the 'Imago' stage of their chrysalis. The Imago stage occurs when the host's chrysalis reaches its maximum power, mutating the host to their absolute limit (this change depends on the host; every host will experience it differently). For more information on Daodan Chrysalis, click here.

This is going to be edited in the original post of the roleplaying thread.
If I had missed something or made a mistake/inconsistency, please notify me and I will fix it.

Last edited by Striker (01/25/12 23:01)

Board footer