Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/23/12 22:01

EdT
Website

Parkour Challenge 2

parkourlevelv2.jpg

Here is the 2nd version of the Parkour challenge level.  It adds new areas, a count up timer, more challenges and a surprise.

Here it is: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/80240v2Parkour.zip

Updated BSL: http://edt.oni2.net/files/parkour.bsl  Feb 3 2012
Changes:
Timer starts automatically, currently, both timer up and down are on display.
Savepoint 0 No enemies
Savepoint 1 enemies

This is my Oni 11th anniversary gift to you, a few days early.

Have fun.

#2 01/23/12 22:01

tokenoftime92
Website

Re: Parkour Challenge 2

Great. Video soon.

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#3 01/23/12 23:01

tokenoftime92
Website

It's not possible, or just pure luck (if the sniper gets you while jumping youre over.) OR make them drop hypos, too much damage and too much luck sad

Edit:
If you remove the sniper it will be possible i think
and the timing does not start when you start the run.

Last edited by tokenoftime92 (01/24/12 00:01)

#4 01/24/12 00:01

Striker

tokenoftime92 wrote:

It's not possible, or just pure luck (if the sniper get you while jumping youre over.) OR make them drop hypos, too much damage and too much luck sad

Yeah I will die of old age before I will beat this level because of that damn sniper (playing on hard with upgraded AI).

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#5 01/24/12 00:01

tokenoftime92
Website

Latest Brutal AI and hard here too sad
and the iron demon is a bit annoying, but i know how to beat it!

Last edited by tokenoftime92 (01/24/12 00:01)

#6 01/24/12 00:01

EdT
Website

Timer is not working?  Try enabling Dev Mode in another level before playing this level and see if you get any console messages that might describe the problem.

If you want to make it easier, go to GameDataFolder/IGMD/parkour  Open parkour.bsl in a text editor, look for the line ai2_spawn sniper and change it to #ai2_spawn sniper, this will remove the sniper from the level. Save your changes.

Now if you want to practice without any enemies look for enemy1 and change it to #enemy1.  (enemy1 occurs twice in the code, so change both of them)

I also gave Konoko 5 extra hypos, so that should help.

#7 01/24/12 00:01

tokenoftime92
Website

When you jump out of the starting place the timer wont start until the previous message has disappeared.

And I do not have any hypos when I load the level.

Last edited by tokenoftime92 (01/24/12 01:01)

#8 01/24/12 03:01

Samer
Website

Loved it big_smile big_smile big_smile the blue sky made me gasp everytime i fell tongue and loved all the new obstacles really made it a challenge.

I didn't get hit by the sniper during my run, maybe i was lucky, I don't like snipers in general though. The iron demon is a alive ! wohooo big_smile

some suggestions and bugs,

maybe remove the sniper I didn't have a problem with it for now, but others seem to.
add a forcefield or several that u should keep picking up to make it past the iron demon, also adds a timing aspect it will be shooting u and the shield is wearing down u have to make it before it disappears, otherwise it's kinda impossible to make it past him.

I also had problems with the timer not starting sometimes at all and sometimes only starting after the go msg disappears. Btw I had no problem with the timer counting down, give us 10 mins on it though this time, it's not that hard to subtract the time left tongue if it's easier than a counting up timer.

another bug once i finished it turned into the first prespective even if i load save point 0 its stuck in it, how do i get the 3rd prespective back.

loved all the other changes. How u made it that we cant cross the lasers from the side tongue and made the acid pool bigger i can no longer single jump it, and the platforms with barabas on them and the little maze before the ninjas. Fun ! big_smile

ouh btw i didn't get any hypos either

also guys if u want to make the bsl changes permenant, edit the ones in the package not the igdm or else they will be overwritten whenever u install with the AE installer.

Last edited by Samer (01/24/12 03:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#9 01/24/12 04:01

tokenoftime92
Website

This is what is unacceptable about the sniper. Everything is going well, I did nothing wrong, I'm just enjoying myself THEN *shoot* thats it. pwnd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-XecTCk2eg

suggestion: lose the timer we can do math tongue [I know the whole timer was my idea, but it seems it causes more problems then benefits.]

#10 01/24/12 07:01

Lukas Kreator

This is great, EdT!

I think the sniper adds to the overall difficult. He just shouldn't be able to hit you while you're using consoles.
Also, remember that Barabbas does not fear edges, and may fall if placed on a small plane.

#11 01/24/12 07:01

Knox

tokenoftime92 wrote:

and the iron demon is a bit annoying, but i know how to beat it!

Did... did you say... nay. Nay, it's impossible.. The Iron Demon? I must see it for myself.
EDIT: It's.. true. It's beautiful. (tears of joy)
Oh, and I kinda suck at parkouring. Nice level, EdT.

Last edited by Knox (01/24/12 09:01)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#12 01/24/12 09:01

Coyote

Working Iron Demon - best thing I've ever seen in Oni...

edit: you can even shapeshift to Iron Demon! Too bad it cannot attack. My dream level would be boss battle with Iron Demon, something like from GitS first movie where Motoko was fighting(and failed!) against spider tank. Just imagine this scenery: a big room with a lot pillars and columns to hide. In the center of this there is standing Iron Demon, very aggressive, responding to every single move, destroying everything...And behind some column there's our little brave police officer - Konoko with her plasma rifle. She jumps from one to another column, shooting in the meantime...I'm just dreaming...
irondemon.jpg

Last edited by Coyote (01/24/12 10:01)

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#13 01/24/12 11:01

EdT
Website

Glad everyone is having a fun/frustrating time with the level big_smile

Regarding the timer, it starts once you jump off the platform, so you can look around the level without any time penalty.  The first version worked in the same manner, except it used Oni's countdown timer.  If I go back to Oni's countdown timer, I can't use it for the console that stops the Power for 15 seconds and restarts it.

tokenoftime92: In your video, I see the timer working correctly.

I'll fix the bsl bugs and post a revised version later.  In the meantime, you can edit the bsl to add the hypos to Konoko, (I think I forgot to update the package with that change) or remove the sniper.  Or what about giving the sniper a different weapon? any suggestions?

Coyote: If you cycle through the weapons, you can arm the ID with its guns.

#14 01/24/12 14:01

Samer
Website

give the sniper a rocket launcher, ( what's it called that weapon with the homing rockets tongue) that way u see the rockets coming big_smile and u're running away from them, and they follow u, but i guess he's too far for that to work hmm or give him mukade's devil star thingy, but lower the shooting frequency somehow, it would be fun trying to avoid them while running around big_smile ..

Btw u didn't answer how i reset the 3rd person prespective i never liked 1st person view games .. At all tongue

and if u're going to release the iron demon as a separate package some time dont forget to change the hurt sounds, its weird to hear the striker once u hit it tongue u can use the hurt sounds i used for shinatamabot if u want, the machinary sounds.

Last edited by Samer (01/24/12 14:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#15 01/24/12 15:01

EdT
Website

Samer: Until I release the updated bsl, add this to the current one to get the 3rd person view:

if (save_point eq 0){
    cm_distance = 33
    cm_height = 15
    cm_canter_unarmed = 8
        }

I had to look through the prone mode code to find the original settings.

I'll update the Iron Demon's sounds, thanks.

#16 01/24/12 16:01

Gumby

Does the iron demon have animations and such?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#17 01/24/12 17:01

Lithium

Yeah, it has a walking animation and sounds.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#18 01/24/12 21:01

EdT
Website

Here is the updated bsl: http://edt.oni2.net/files/parkour.bsl
Sniper uses the phaser rifle, count down timer is back, save point 0 always uses the 3rd person view.
That's all that can be fixed with bsl.  The other stuff, next time I update the level.

#19 01/24/12 22:01

tokenoftime92
Website

It's not killing, but deactivating smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1GfyXsY7Q

#20 01/24/12 22:01

tokenoftime92
Website

EdT wrote:

tokenoftime92: In your video, I see the timer working correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-XecTCk2eg
i started my run at 0:01
time=1 appeared at 0:04

#21 01/25/12 00:01

EdT
Website

tokenoftime92:  You are right, I forgot to fix the code, it was incorrectly calculating the time.

I knew about the Iron Demon's vulnerability to close attacks, that's one of the reason I did not release it until now.  I have not been able to figure out how to fix it.  Perhaps this is also why Bungie dropped the Iron Demon from Oni.

I'm still waiting to see a video of a complete run on the level smile

#22 01/25/12 00:01

tokenoftime92
Website

I'm kind of busy here, but maybe today. I did complete it once but i didn't record it. It's pretty hard. I will do it with the sniper.

#23 01/25/12 03:01

TheCreature

Ok... just got the chance to try this, and EdT you basterd, you made it too hard for my weak Oni-fu!!

jk, I'll beat it eventually.  But for now, I get about to Barabas and then... "Earthquaker!"  *ping*  I go flying.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#24 01/25/12 04:01

Lukas Kreator

For default values of preset variables, like cm_height, look here.

#25 01/25/12 09:01

EdT
Website

lol, Barabas and the sniper are the least liked Ai in this level.

Maybe I should edit the bsl so that the first run has no AI, then once you complete the course savepoint 1 adds the AI; savepoint 2 first person view, no AI; savepoint 3 FP and AI...

Lukas: Interested in making an area in Sketchup that represents the Manplant, Cargo Hanger, ACC interior or TCTF2 levels?  If you can make the area's structure, I can re-texture it using Oni's textures and add stuff to it.  I sort of have a rough idea for DreamLab, just need to figure out how to do it... My goal is to have an area for each level in Oni.

Since this level is getting bigger and more complicated, if anyone wants to help me, I'd appreciate it.  We can make it a community effort

For example, Samer, if you can help fix the Iron Demon's sounds or some other aspect of it.

Anyone else that has modeling experience and wants to make a parkour area that represents one of the above missing levels, please let me know.

I could use assistance in scripting the level.  For example, I would like to make the music more random, but the code in there is not working right.

Board footer