Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/08/12 00:01

TheCreature

Oni Roleplaying

Ok, so this is just a thought I had, to keep the community alive.  I've got a set of rules from another RP game I play online, so we wouldn't have to start from scratch.   I've also got some experience with RPing and would be more than willing to GM/moderate the game if needed.

I was thinking we could set it after Oni, when Mai has started giving Chrysali to people to help them survive the toxic air.  Some people, of course, would be opposed to the idea, and wear gas masks and stuff, so there would still be "normal" people around.  The syndicate and TCTF would still be at war, but the Syndicate has grown almost to nation status, to even things out.

Thoughts?

Last edited by TheCreature (01/08/12 00:01)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#2 01/08/12 02:01

Striker

Re: Oni Roleplaying

I like the idea, and I am willing to actively participate in this.
Edit: I'm sure you know who I'm going to be.

Last edited by Striker (01/08/12 03:01)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#3 01/08/12 02:01

Lithium

Sure I'm game

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 01/08/12 03:01

Lukas Kreator

I probably won't participate, but I'm curious as to who will be the new Syndicate leader and "antagonist"...
Anyway, I'll surely watch this.

#5 01/08/12 04:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 11:01)

#6 01/08/12 06:01

TheCreature

Glad to see there's some interest in this!  Can't wait to get started!

Last edited by TheCreature (01/08/12 06:01)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#7 01/08/12 09:01

Yoriko

Hmmmm maybe, I'll definetly follow it though.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#8 01/08/12 11:01

Striker

TheCreature, what exactly are we going to need to start this?
Are we going to use this topic or make a new one?
How is the whole roleplay going to work?

Please provide us with the detail so we could get familiar with the way it's going to work.
As I said, I am willing to actively participate in this.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#9 01/08/12 13:01

Windy

neutral

#10 01/08/12 13:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

You can't !

I can't what?

Last edited by Striker (01/08/12 13:01)

#11 01/08/12 13:01

Windy

neutral

#12 01/08/12 13:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

You can't play !

Alright cool, now let's get back on topic.
Edit: Any moderators willing to moderate the roleplay?

Last edited by Striker (01/08/12 13:01)

#13 01/08/12 13:01

wauhti
Website

I would be interested but I'm not so much active sometimes since I'm at army atm. smile

cielvalmisrealborderfix2.png
In this world, never knows best

My Channel

#14 01/08/12 13:01

Windy

neutral

#15 01/08/12 13:01

TheCreature

Striker wrote:

TheCreature, what exactly are we going to need to start this?
Are we going to use this topic or make a new one?
How is the whole roleplay going to work?

You won't really need anything to play except your imagination.  I'm working converting the rules from another RP game for us, and they're structured so that all you need is an internet connection and a browser.

Well, for this to really work, we'd need a new section of the forum.  Underneath that section, we'd be able to make new topics for different locations.  In the game I'm basing this from, we had each topic as a different planet.  We would probably use the topics as "Cities", and travel between them would be a simple "I drive away from the city on my motorbike" "I drive into the new city on my motorbike".

Well, I think it'd be easiest just to show you.  Here's a link to my old RP game, so you can see about how it runs.  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=20.0

@Windy:  We're not ignoring you.  It's just the silent treatment.  wink

#16 01/08/12 13:01

Lithium

Windy stop with the off topic posts. Stop trying to argue with Striker, this isn't the correct topic for it.

#17 01/08/12 14:01

Striker

TheCreature wrote:

We would probably use the topics as "Cities", and travel between them would be a simple "I drive away from the city on my motorbike" "I drive into the new city on my motorbike".

That seems very difficult to follow, don't you think? Moving from one place to another makes it harder and harder to understand the chronological order of events. Maybe the whole "multiple cities" thing shouldn't be implemented, as we do not have many people who would actively participate in this. In my opinion, a single topic should be sufficient for our community, but should be always moderated for off-topic and invalid posts. Also, since I am very interested in participating in this, it would be great if you (TheCreature) send me an email so we could discuss this come up with a reasonable plan.

#18 01/08/12 15:01

TheCreature

Sounds good.  I guess we can keep it to a single city, at least until we get more people interested.  I guess I'm just too used to having the large scope and scale of my other game.

#19 01/08/12 15:01

Striker

When are we launching this thing?

#20 01/08/12 16:01

TheCreature

Pretty soon.  I'm finishing up the rules, and once they're uploaded, I'll start the character creation thread.

#21 01/08/12 17:01

Striker

TheCreature wrote:

Pretty soon.  I'm finishing up the rules, and once they're uploaded, I'll start the character creation thread.

Do you have Steam? If you do, tell me your account name and I will add you so we can discuss this.
If you don't, join the Oni IRC by clicking the link in my signature and we will discuss it there. Thanks.

Last edited by Striker (01/08/12 17:01)

#22 01/08/12 17:01

Windy

neutral

#23 01/08/12 17:01

TheCreature

We haven't forgotten you windy.

#24 01/08/12 17:01

Lithium

We're not...

Board footer