Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/05/12 20:01

Lukas Kreator

Re: Edictum Team System - Released

@Striker:
Well, you can't normally store health in a variable, but your script suggests the ally's health will be close to 100, so I guess you can just set it to 150 and keep increasing by 50? Maybe you can even make them invulnerable for the duration of the regeneration. By the way, Konoko is the only one who's got the powerup_start particle, others will just do the animation.

@Gumby:
I know, but I never succeeded at using these new functions. Perhaps you can explain me how they work? I mean, what exactly does d_waitforkeypress take as argument? A key string like "a", an int keycode or maybe ASCII?

Thanks.

#27 01/05/12 20:01

Striker

Lukas Kreator wrote:

By the way, Konoko is the only one who's got the powerup_start particle, others will just do the animation.

Barabas has a particle as well, but it's different. I got this from Barabas's animation list.

Lukas Kreator wrote:

Well, you can't normally store health in a variable

I'm pretty sure other languages allow it in a form of an int variable.

Last edited by Striker (01/05/12 20:01)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#28 01/05/12 20:01

Lukas Kreator

You're right, but in BSL there is no function to get the health, position (in single coordinates) or number of powerups of a character. You can only set them (well, some can't even be set, only added to). The only way is to use the new Daodan.

#29 01/05/12 21:01

Striker

Lukas Kreator wrote:

You're right, but in BSL there is no function to get the health, position (in single coordinates) or number of powerups of a character. You can only set them (well, some can't even be set, only added to). The only way is to use the new Daodan.

Try using the new Daodan. Since I know nothing about it, I will leave this task to you.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#30 01/05/12 21:01

Lukas Kreator

LOL

Ok, once I find out how to use d_waitforkeypress I'll try making some changes to the system.

Edit: Oni can't find the d_waitforkeypress function when in console. If I try to use it through a script, nothing happens, not even an error is printed.
As for d_waitforkey, key as int doesn't execute. As string, it works but with unpredictable and nonsense results.
As for d_isheld, which the wiki states may be broken, it creashes Oni for ints and apparently does nothing for strings.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (01/05/12 22:01)

#31 01/05/12 23:01

Striker

Lukas Kreator wrote:

LOL

Ok, once I find out how to use d_waitforkeypress I'll try making some changes to the system.

Edit: Oni can't find the d_waitforkeypress function when in console. If I try to use it through a script, nothing happens, not even an error is printed.
As for d_waitforkey, key as int doesn't execute. As string, it works but with unpredictable and nonsense results.
As for d_isheld, which the wiki states may be broken, it creashes Oni for ints and apparently does nothing for strings.

So basically there is no way to make a legit regeneration system using BSL? Damn it.
Well, since Barabas can do it, I'm sure there is a way to make other characters be able to do it as well; not by BSL means, of course.

We could try.

#32 01/06/12 00:01

Lukas Kreator

I don't know. Maybe I'm not doing it right...
As for regeneration, I think it works, I still haven't tested the d_health function.
I'll take a look too, but I'd prefer that both worked.

Can some C programmer please take a look at the Daodan DLL and see if you can find out how to properly call this function through BSL?

#33 01/06/12 00:01

EdT
Website

Is there a file missing?  In the edictum.bsl file it says # This function is called by the main compound_main.bsl script.  However, that file is not in your mod.

#34 01/06/12 02:01

Lukas Kreator

Compound_main.bsl is not in the mod?? Oh god, I forgot about it completely!
Thanks, EdT, I'll fix this right now.

Well, now we know why it is important to comment code tongue

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (01/06/12 02:01)

#35 01/06/12 05:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 11:01)

#36 01/06/12 19:01

Lukas Kreator

No, the regeneration would be slow. If they take too much damage, they will die forever.
But that is not a plan, it is just an idea, and I'm sure there are other, better ways.

#37 01/23/12 16:01

Lukas Kreator

Video with new features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQKxGh0Ls
I'll soon release the new version. Requires Daodan 3.0 from now on.

Board footer