Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/09/11 23:11

Lithium

Rage Moments

So... anyone ever get irritated or just pissed off at the game? Whether it be some dickish enemy placement or just cheap platforming. Just asking, what parts of Oni have ever irritated you or angered you in your history of the game?
Me? When enemies gang up on me, sure I knock some down but others show up and beat me down, and I can move away but having a striker run up behind me and slam my head on the ground is down right irritating.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 11/10/11 01:11

TOCS

Re: Rage Moments

Back when I still hadn't completed the game yet, I had a few problems completing certain levels. Somehow I managed to do the same mistake every time, and I got really mad. tongue A few weeks later my brother showed me the difficulty option, and apparently it'd been set to hard from the start. >_<

#3 11/10/11 05:11

adorage

I can deal with not being able to complete a level but when I used to die in levels where the savepoints were too far apart and I found it unfair (like the end of level 3 or 12) I got really pissed and started to scream at the game.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#4 11/10/11 07:11

Iritscen

Yeah, I remember getting particularly irritated when dying over and over at the end of level 3.  I must have also died a lot in Dream Diver.  And the lasers that trigger Mercury Bow turrets at the beginning of Science Prison seemed a bit much; I thought this was an action game, not a platformer.  But the final fight against Zombie Shinatama takes the cake.  It's just too hard.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 11/10/11 07:11

Knox

@Iritscen I agree with you there. I despise the Shinatama fight. Damn lasers...

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#6 11/10/11 08:11

Iritscen

I think it's so bad because you think you're playing an action game and suddenly it's more like the "perform precise movements or face instant death" gameplay that you find in platformers.  I'd rather face a huge group of enemies that's equally hard, than to have to observe laser patterns and make careful jumps.

#7 11/10/11 15:11

Delano762
Website

End of level 3 and level 14's checkpoints 1 and 2 got me stuck for some good time. Zombie Shinatama was as easy as construction of T-55 tank, though.

Last edited by Delano762 (11/10/11 15:11)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#8 11/10/11 16:11

Yoriko

I rage whenever I get grappled xD

I also use to rage at not being able to hit the furies cause they block each one of my attacks then throws me.

Right now I become pissed at Barabas for spamming the earthquaker move when I'm just close enough to get hit by it but not close enough to interrupt it.

When it comes to specific places I cant say I've raged once when I've faced the lasers, at the beggining of the science prison I've got a little trick to get through ^^
However the first savepoint of the dream diver chapter is seriously too f***ing hard. You have to face Muro, (even with dumbed down AI he's still a pain in the arse) mini strikers who likes to grapple me, a pair of high ranked (and cloaked) ninjas and finally a pair of red furies before you get a single hypo. -.-

The Shinis new shoes mod that makes shin bot spawn in the zombie shini boss room is really bleeding hard aswell, I havent manage to complete that part with that mod once. hmm

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#9 11/11/11 09:11

Stevinlewis

Zombie Shinatama is definately hard. But something about running up beside her and shooting at her just cracks me up. big_smile

#10 12/15/11 17:12

Aiko

I don't like it when I pick up a nice blue shield then out of nowhere, some guard comes and shoots the thing right off of me! I like the way that shiny blue shield looks!

Aiko

#11 12/15/11 21:12

kyletm57

Since i was little when i first played this game, it took me 3 YEARS to complete level 3, after countless hours of trying i just gave up. Also in the second half of the rooftop chase (after you zip line), i would always get shot by that asshole with the mercury bow mid jump, that got me pretty agitated.

banner2440.jpg

#12 12/15/11 22:12

Lithium

Rooftops was only hard for me because the brightness on the PS2 was crap.

#13 12/16/11 02:12

tokenoftime92
Website

The whole cargo hangars for the first time, it was dark, i didn't know where to go and i got lost all the time, of course it was like 8 years ago..

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#14 01/01/12 07:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 12:01)

#15 01/01/12 14:01

Lithium

For the record I don't hate Shinatama....

#16 01/01/12 14:01

adorage

oxe161 (a few days ago) wrote:

Oh this idea is so nice for my Shinatama Torture fan art

oxe161 (a few months ago) wrote:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/phot … 1307579749
Me when Shinatama was being tortured

oxe161 wrote:

For the record I don't hate Shinatama....

If you don't hate Shinatama, then you're a sicko who likes to see little girls being tortured hmm

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#17 01/01/12 15:01

Lithium

I was trolling.
I just find her annoying. That's all...

Last edited by Lithium (01/01/12 15:01)

#18 01/01/12 16:01

Iritscen

She is annoying to me when she does long voiceovers in my ears during Training and Warehouse, but you can't help but feel sympathetic for her later on, especially if you think about it from Konoko's perspective.  Shinatama may not be a "person" (although the game hints at her having become one), but Konoko thinks of her as a little sister.

#19 01/01/12 17:01

Lithium

It is pretty sad knowing you can't do anything about it.
Of course I did feel some sympathy for it especially when Muro laughs at her pain.

#20 01/02/12 10:01

Den

Muro's legbreaker move. So op.

________

I didn't really prefer to listen to shinatama here and there, but it became obvious later on that I started to miss hearing that little "incoming compass data" from time to time. Shinatama died, Griffin backstabbed you, Kerr died. I felt so alone. =,(

#21 01/02/12 12:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 12:01)

#22 01/02/12 14:01

Lithium

What would that be?

#23 01/02/12 15:01

Striker

Windy wrote:

I have a question !
Are Konoko and Shinatama more than friends?
yikes

Shinatama is an SLD hooked up to Konoko to monitor her body (including her daodan and adrenal levels) and make sure Konoko is always stable. Shinatama supposedly feels everything Konoko does, which is why Konoko feels such a strong attraction to Shinatama. As far as I know they are just really good friends.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Board footer