Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/22/07 16:12

geyser
Website

Seventh Anniversary Edition, Version Much Beta

I'm on a sorta holiday here, so don't blame me for the lack of new content.
In fact, from now on, you should increasingly blame yourselves for that smile
The Edition already allows for "revolutionary" rescripting of Oni's missions.
But there's no way I can rescript all 14 missions by myself in 1 month smile
The Edition allows us to add reshuffled and even completely new content.
But there's no way I can produce every imaginable content by myself smile

So, for now, yet again, just a minimal, proof-of-concept release here.
There's a new character-and-a-half and four half-new guns included...
Konoko's combos are unlocked, and the glass hurts the way it should.
Both bugs brought about by the previous version have been fixed.
There are projects of future development, but I don't know when.
If I feel inspired, I can give you some new characters for Xmas.

As for extended modding, e.g., Edition-powered scripts... dunno.
I definitely don't want to be the only contributor to the Edition neutral
I might "redo" the original scripts with more savepoints though.

So. Here's the new thing.
For PC: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/wedition.zip
For the Mac: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/xedition.zip
For PC demo: http://geyser.oni2.net/edition/weditiond.zip
In the near future, I'll probably move this to our new svn.

Read the readme. Post here if in trouble. The instructions differ slightly for Mac, so I don't feel like summarizing it all here.
The verbose, log-generating installation script is now called big_zeal. If you use it, please let me have the logs it produces...
big_deal is as fast as possible, and should complete in about 20 minutes on a reasonably fast and otherwise unsolicited HDD.
In future versions, I'll probably focus on making new_deal into the quick-updater it's supposed to be (scripts, patches, etc).

Last edited by geyser (12/22/07 16:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#2 12/22/07 17:12

Your_Mom
Website

Re: Seventh Anniversary Edition, Version Much Beta

Nice stuff... Gonna try this out...

Btw, if I ran a clean version absolute zero, new deal would be all that is needed right, provided I replaced the root GameDataFolder with the patched one fro vA0.

droid803sig.jpg

#3 12/22/07 17:12

geyser
Website

Btw, if I ran a clean version absolute zero, new deal would be all that is needed right, provided I replaced the root GameDataFolder with the patched one fro vA0.

Actually, VMB uses a newer version of OniSplit which uses a slightly modified .oni format.
So you would not be able to apply the x3d patches from VMB to the .oni files from VAZ.
However, new_deal.bat is redundant of big_deal.bat, so either way it'll reinstall it all smile

Last edited by geyser (12/22/07 17:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 12/22/07 19:12

EdT
Website

geyser: Thanks for VMB, looking forward to the new features.

Though...first run did not work.  Here is the terminal output:
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/EditionVMBterminal.txt

The logs from big_zeal: (Note Step 3 did not generate any logs)
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/EditionVMBlog.txt

I'm starting to de-bug...

Last edited by EdT (12/22/07 19:12)

#5 12/22/07 19:12

geyser
Website

Oh, f##k. Forgot to put the new OniSplit.exe in the Mac release.
Try again. And special thanks for the note about step0003z.sh smile

#6 12/22/07 19:12

EdT
Website

OK, just got the latest version.
Will try again.

Anyway to contact realtime? Since you're online now. Just tried the oni irc but was disconnected.

Last edited by EdT (12/22/07 19:12)

#7 12/22/07 19:12

geyser
Website

Well, it's getting late here, so realtime is a bad idea right now.
It's already uploaded. And it should work just fine. Report smile
My preferred IM protocols are YIM and ICQ. And IRC chat.

#8 12/22/07 19:12

EdT
Website

Running the scripts, as I type...  will keep you posted.

#9 12/22/07 20:12

EdT
Website

Major OSX Crash:
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/VMB_crash.txt

Log files:
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/VMB_logs.txt

For comparison sake:
VAZ: level0_Final.raw size 63.3MB
VMB: level0_Final.raw size 120.9MB

Last edited by EdT (12/22/07 20:12)

#10 12/23/07 04:12

geyser
Website

Try again. We've adapted OniSplit specially for you smile
We PC folks are now using (training program) "beta 6".
Whereas you now have beta 7. Hope you're happy smile

Last edited by geyser (12/23/07 05:12)

#11 12/23/07 11:12

EdT
Website

Thanks for the amazing effort!  It works!

Still there is one syntax error:
xdelta3: file open failed: read: ../../GameDataFolder/level0_Final/TXMPNINJA_EASY%%2Fpractise.oni: No such file or directory
xdelta3: file open failed: read: ../../GameDataFolder/level0_Final/TXMPNINJA_EASY%%2Fpractise.oni: No such file or directory

So in script 4 I changed it to:
./xdelta3.exe -dfs $DG/TXMPNINJA_EASY%2Fpractise.oni x3deltas/TXMPninjabot2.x3d $DG/TXMPninjabot2.oni>> $LOG
./xdelta3.exe -dfs $DG/TXMPNINJA_EASY%2Fpractise.oni x3deltas/TXMPninjabot2dxt.x3d $DG/TXMPninjabot2.oni>> $LOG

But then I get the error:
xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL

I also noticed that with the SuperBallGun there are 2 versions, 1 has single fire mode and the 2nd a dual fire mode.

A request, can you add Loser's knockdown and blownup hack?  I think those add more to the game. 

Thanks for VMB!

#12 12/23/07 15:12

geyser
Website

You guys haven't reported an interesting new Easter egg I'm about to fix. Care to find out? smile

A request, can you add Loser's knockdown and blownup hack?  I think those add more to the game.

I'll try to fill those requests, but as mentioned in the topic starter, there's only so much I can do by myself.

Still there is one syntax error:

Nuts. Forgot it. Thanks for fixing and pointing it out.

But then I get the error:
xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL

That's OK. As you can see, there are two patches for the same source TXMPNINJA_EASY%2Fpractise.oni
That's because I allow for different versions of the source TXMP (namely, compressed and uncompressed).
You apparently have the uncompressed one, so the first patch works, and the second fails. But it's OK smile

Last edited by geyser (12/23/07 15:12)

#13 12/23/07 18:12

geyser
Website

Oh, Ed. Now that it works... don't forget the logs wink

#14 12/23/07 22:12

EdT
Website

geyser: Here are the logs:
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/VMBlogs_Dec23.txt

Here are the Mac .oni files for Knockdown and Blownup (Don't know if they will work on PC)
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/TRAMknock.zip

#15 12/24/07 16:12

Tracker

I installed the big_zeal over the big_deal of my Windows XP version and the installation worked perfectly.

Then I played the whole game.

In chapter 05 - Airport Cargo Hangars after Save Point 4, I had a damn-crash, when I tried to get upstairs into the building.
But this also happens from time to time in my original English version.

These lines I found in the startup.txt:
Daodan v0.6.5 (Standard), built 2007-05-12 17:11:43 UTC: crash report
Please post your "startup.txt" to <http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/>...
Caught exception 0xc0000005 at 0x0050dbc8...

With the rest of the game I had no problems.

The two green ninja bots in chapter 08 - Atmospheric Conversion Center (interior) after Save Point 2 are really nice.^^

By the way: MERRY CHRISTMAS AT ALL smile

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#16 12/24/07 19:12

geyser
Website

Yo (or should I say: "Ho ho ho"?) smile
Very merry Christmas everybody!

Here's an update for Much Beta (it is recommended that you delete the previous one...)
I fixed the w13 bug pointed out by the Russian fans and adjusted the w12 ammo meter.
I also made the blownups and knockdowns hazardous, supposedly for all characters.
I've played a bit with that: it's surprising at first, but quite realistic and fun. Enjoy smile

So, again. Delete your previous [edition] and redownload from the topic starter.
I won't be available much tomorrow or the day after, so better test it Now(TM).

Oh, and while I was googling for bash basics, I came upon this:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/libra … tml#N10083
Did he really write "foo bar oni"? This can't be a coincidence, right?
neutral

#17 12/24/07 20:12

EdT
Website

geyser: Thanks for all your work!  I'm going to test it out!

#18 12/25/07 12:12

Iritscen

The version I d/led yesterday gave me no menu BG, and all the textures were black except for doors and consoles.  It was like every level was in the dark.  Was I supposed to remove anything other than the previous edition folder?  Also, the IGMD folder that the new edition installed was inside the previous IGMD folder!  The first edition was much less buggy, unless I didn't install it right.  I will d/l ths one and try it out soon, though.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#19 12/25/07 13:12

geyser
Website

Hm, sounds like you misplaced the new [edition] folder when unpacking, and placed it inside the old [edition] folder... or something.
"Was I supposed to remove anything other than the previous edition folder?" No, you were supposed to replace the prevous [edition].
In no case should you delete the original content (relocated by the edition to GameDataFolderZero on the Mac), and I hope you didn't.
You are supposed to delete the [edition] folder (just to avoid incompatibilities; you can also rename it to anything and keep using it).
The [edition] folder you extract from the current download should become, as previously, a subfolder of your [Oni] folder. Ask EdT.

Last edited by geyser (12/25/07 13:12)

#20 12/25/07 14:12

Your_Mom
Website

Initial Findings:
- The only "new" character I found was Green NinjaBot, I couldn't find the other 'Half' (really...I don't know what it is)
- Glass doesn't hurt. At least I took no damage when I made everything_breakable, then blew up the roof...
- the new guns (nitpicking) : WMC Lite is missing a reticle, it just has a line. SBGv2 has no targeting funnel (not that it was useful anyway), the tractor doesn't need it. The fireworks cannon should have a targeting funnel since its homing. I could change these myself...

Note that I didn't notice the newer version and these might have changed...unlikely...lol...

droid803sig.jpg

#21 12/25/07 15:12

geyser
Website

"I could change these myself..." No no no. If these are bugs, they must be fixed. REPORT. And report THOROUGHLY.

the new guns (nitpicking) : WMC Lite is missing a reticle, it just has a line. SBGv2 has no targeting funnel (not that it was useful anyway), the tractor doesn't need it. The fireworks cannon should have a targeting funnel since its homing. I could change these myself...

Err. Not calling you a liar, but except for the first one, none of this is supposed to happen.
Screenshots please (and thanks in advance). And of course: the corresponding .oni files.
Tunnels are supposed to appear for w14_sbg2 and for w10_sni; no tunnel for w13_muro.
So if you've got these wrong for some reason, I'll have to figure it out... because I care.

Note that I didn't notice the newer version and these might have changed...unlikely...lol...

Well, if you don't report a bug ASAP there's no reason to assume I'll notice it.
I can't test the stuff as thoroughly as the rest of the community combined...

Glass doesn't hurt. At least I took no damage when I made everything_breakable, then blew up the roof...

It's supposed to hurt you on a random basis, and only if it actually collides with you. Again (please) double-check and provide the BINA3RAPglass_shard.oni from [edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final]

The only "new" character I found was Green NinjaBot, I couldn't find the other 'Half' (really...I don't know what it is)

I fixed the Karen feature in chapter 3 by adding an appropriate (deliberately unremarkable) char.
He's there, you're just overlooking him. Hint: he uses the only body set that is never used in Oni.
And there's the mini-striker, too. I'm adding him in such a way that he's there even in the demo.

Last edited by geyser (12/25/07 15:12)

#22 12/25/07 16:12

geyser
Website

"is it tiny kawaii-styled iron demon?" Hmm, for the ID you'll have to wait. At least until January smile
I hate to spoil surprises. Just check out the Karen "bug" and you'll know what char to look for...

P.S. Oh, and for the next release I'll probably do the dash-hack after all: the temptation is great.

Last edited by geyser (12/25/07 16:12)

#23 12/25/07 17:12

Tracker

I downloaded the new wedition.zip, deleted my edition folder and installed the big_zeal again.
Then I played the whole game without any problems.

The only what I recognized was, that I got sometimes a little collision damage (maybe a kick) when I hit a opponent and one time I got a backkick from Barabus when I tried to make a backbreaker.
Are these new features or collision errors.

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#24 12/25/07 17:12

Your_Mom
Website

Sorry, messed up the gun things:
- w14_sbg2 I don't think it has a tunnel (might be mistaken...I just might have missed it)
- w10_sni has a tunnel, but I typoed up there - I meant it shouldn't have a tunnel unless the cannon flies straight and does not home in
- w13_muro has no tunnel or anything which is alright...I didn't mean it as a bug.

the missing reticile on the WMC LITE makes it feel strange (and why is the original WMC and SBG still there when improved versions exist?)

About the glass: Judging from the fact I shot the ceiling open with a gun and the shards practically rained on me and did absolutely no damage...
I'll check, then recheck, then check the *.oni file

Cahpter 3? Karen? Heh? Never noticed anything remotely like a female cop at Bio Research Lab...
I'll check and recheck.

EDIT: Ah...you're new char is an exact copy of TCTF_lite_1...you could have at least given him a unique moveset or particle/impact arrays...

EDIT 2:
- w14_sbg2 has a tunnel...sorry about that
- glass does not hurt. I've purposely had myself get shards rained on myself and no pain. No damage. The *oni file is missing the parts outlined to make damage glass on OniGalore

Last edited by Your_Mom (12/25/07 18:12)

droid803sig.jpg

#25 12/26/07 02:12

EdT
Website

Tracker: You are seeing the effect of the modified knockdown files.  Now when there are collisions between characters after being hit, they receive and cause damage.  Under the right conditions, you can hit one character, that one will knockdown another and so on, kinda like a falling domino effect.

Board footer