Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/28/11 11:10

Yoriko

Boom headshot?

I wonder if someone has done (or planning to do) a headshot mod, I dunno why but by reaction I always aim for the head plus I have a habit of firing a pistol shot whenever I'm stepping disarm someone wielding a campbell when Konoko aims at the opponents head briefly. It doesnt have to be much since almost all enemies has got head armour, say 30% more damage perhaps? To encourage players to aim for the head smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#2 10/28/11 12:10

TheCreature

Re: Boom headshot?

I believe that this was experimented with.  There's probably a link around here somewhere...  http://mods.oni2.net/node/71  There we go.  It reads:

"Dealt damage depends on material.

note to players:
THIS MOD IS A "PROOF OF CONCEPT" AND NOT MEANT TO BE USED BY REGULAR PLAYERS.

note to modders:
THIS MOD IS STILL IN PLUG-IN FROM, IT DOESN'T FIT THE CURRENT AE SYSTEM.
(So, turn it into package form if you want to test it.)"

Also, here's a tidbit of discussion on the mod:  http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD_talk:BINA/ONIE … _head_hits

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#3 10/28/11 15:10

Yoriko

Erm, what do you do with a plug-in? :S

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#4 10/28/11 15:10

TheCreature

It's actually not that hard.  Generally what it involves is replacing a few files in the GameDataFolder.  I like plug-ins because I can use them with Vanilla Oni.  I wouldn't recommend using them with the AE though.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#5 10/28/11 16:10

Yoriko

How come? Does it come into conflict with the AE packages?

#6 10/28/11 18:10

Iritscen

It shouldn't cause a crash or anything, but you're interfering with the way the AE installs mods and handles conflicts in a predictable manner.  Simply making it into a package should avoid that.  But if you're just testing the plug-in, you can simply drop the files in the normal GDF instead of the Edition GDF.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 10/29/11 06:10

Samer
Website

whenever u rerun the installer the plugin would disappear, that's why a package is easier

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 10/29/11 18:10

Yoriko

Ok, so if I want to play vanilla oni with that mod, what do I do with all those files? Where do I place them?

Could one of you mighty modders explain this to a mere mortal like me? pls? tongue

#9 10/29/11 19:10

Iritscen

Hmm, I see that this isn't a plug-in at all, paradox used the wrong term.  With this mod, you're supposed to compile the folder of .onis into a .dat/.raw with the name of your choosing.  "onisplit.exe -import [in folder] [out file]", as the help explains.

#10 10/30/11 03:10

paradox-01

Judging by the old description I perhaps zipped the wrong folder. *shrugs*
Updated: http://mods.oni2.net/node/71

#11 10/30/11 07:10

Iritscen

Ah, cool, thanks 'dox, that simplifies things.  One small note, it's better if you use your full user name in the Creator field in the package info.  If the AE Installer supports downloading directly from the Depot in the future, we want the various fields to be filled out consistently so we can sort by them.

#12 10/30/11 16:10

Yoriko

Cheers big_smile

How much additional damage is done when a head shot is scored?

Does it affect all weapons?

Last edited by Yoriko (10/30/11 16:10)

#13 10/30/11 18:10

Iritscen

Paradox documented all that at the link he gave before: http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD_talk:BINA/ONIE … _head_hits smile

#14 10/30/11 19:10

Yoriko

What does it mean with: Dealt damage depends on material?

#15 10/31/11 03:10

paradox-01

All 19 body parts of a character have a material from which an impact effect is chosen.
If a bullet hits cloth or flesh it triggers red little circles, armor give sparks.
With the mod the material influence also the damage from some weapons, but only up to w15_smg.
E.g. the TCTF pistol deals +4 damage to the head, +3 to a helmed head and +2 to other unprotected body parts. Other armored body parts remain unaffected.
In general the additional damage was kept low to preserve Oni's gameplay balance of melee and weapons. If you want higher values you would need to edit the BINA3RAPw files.

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/31/11 03:10)

#16 10/31/11 04:10

Yoriko

What do you mean with +4 damage? 4 times the damage or 4 additional hp?

IMO it's really bloody hard to hit an enemy in the head when he's dashing towards you, would be even harder if we find a way to make the AI dodge the laser sight.

Last edited by Yoriko (10/31/11 04:10)

#17 10/31/11 06:10

paradox-01

TCTF pistol deals 8-10 damage.
                    <Damage>
                        <Random Min="8" Max="10" />
                    </Damage>
If the bullet hits an unprotected head 4 additional damage points are dealt. So the shot deals 12-14 in total.

IMO it's really bloody hard to hit an enemy in the head when he's dashing towards you, would be even harder if we find a way to make the AI dodge the laser sight.

Maybe give him 50 bucks. "Wait right there. It shan't be long."

#18 10/31/11 08:10

Yoriko

Dont you think it would be better if it were percentage? With this system the mercury bow can only deal another additional 4 hp of damage instead of utilizing it's precision and bullet damage fully to score headshots. Same thing for the plasma rifle.

#19 10/31/11 09:10

paradox-01

I don't see how to make particles eat percentage values for damage nor how to refer to the base damage. Therefor the weapons have their own damage adding particle.
Mercury bow for exampel:

BINA3RAPw8hithead_e01.oni
BINA3RAPw8hithelmet_e01.oni
BINA3RAPw8hitunprotected_e01.oni

material	damage	stun	knockback
w8_mbo
			60-80	40-60	30-40	
	head		+15	+4	+3 
	unprotected	+10	+2	+2
	helmet		+5	+3	+2-3

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/31/11 09:10)

#20 10/31/11 14:10

Iritscen

Personally, I think the material-dependent system is very well-designed.  It's great that Oni has such a sophisticated particle system that this is possible.

#21 10/31/11 15:10

Yoriko

Oh so the additional damage values are different for each weapon? yikes

Could you list the additional damage value for all weapons? Or is that listed somewhere already? hmm

EDIT: PS, does anyone know how to turn of the auto aim? roll

Last edited by Yoriko (10/31/11 15:10)

#22 10/31/11 16:10

s10k
Website

chr_weapon_auto_aim=0

in console

#23 10/31/11 16:10

paradox-01

Yup, all different. See second post. Follow link and go to "second beta", click "[show]".

#24 10/31/11 18:10

Iritscen

Yoriko, we linked you to the page with that table twice -_-

#25 10/31/11 18:10

Yoriko

Thanks Paradox, that tab was tiny. smile

EDIT: When it comes to the beige strikers with only partial covering helmets, can you headshot them and deal damage as protected head aswell as unprotected head depending on where you aim?

Last edited by Yoriko (11/01/11 10:11)

Board footer