Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/24/11 01:10

Lithium

Phobias?

Tired rant, not looking at typing do um... what are some of the phobias you guys have? I'm bored and activity here.. idk

Personally butterflies and moths make me flip out sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 10/24/11 04:10

TOCS

Re: Phobias?

Needles to the fingertips, or directly in the veins gives me chills. In reality, I'd rather break a leg or so. >_>

#3 10/24/11 07:10

Iritscen

Spiders.  Just, spiders.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/24/11 08:10

Bozzman

Murky or deep water that I can't see whats below me. Haha Also probably sharks.

Here take this hypo!

#5 10/24/11 12:10

Iritscen

*opens box of office supplies, spider is running around inside*

See, this is why I have the worst phobia.  How often do you guys actually have to face your phobia?  EVERY DAY?!?

#6 10/24/11 14:10

Yoriko

Water, I cant stand swimming in it nor someone splashing it over my eyes. When I see someone in first person drowning on the TV I face away. When I drink water from a crane I make a bowl with my hands instead of drinking directly from the stream cause I fear it can get into my eyes and nose.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#7 10/24/11 15:10

Mukade

That's a new one for me Yoriko O_o

Lets see, Bozzman actually put it best. I'm pretty much the same. Even in a lake or something, when I know there aren't any sharks, I can't stand the thought of swimming there, although I'm cool at beeches, as long as it's all nice and sandy underwater. Even in video games, I hate swimming in water if I know, or think, there's going to be something attacking me.

I'm not fond of spiders, but as long as they're small enough, and as long as it's not on me, or suddenly I find one right near me, or dangling by my head, I might jump. I think the insect I'm most afraid of are scorpians. I can't really explain it, but they seem so sinister, and with their stinger so plainly visible. *shudder*

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 10/24/11 15:10

Samer
Website

rats :\ i hate rats D:
I had to work with them in the lab in university while they are alive :\ .. horrible experience tongue

and i don't like getting needles :\ or injecting them .. not a good thing for a pharmacist :\ but it's not exactly a phobia.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#9 10/24/11 16:10

Delano762
Website

I'm quite afraid of heights. For example, I walk down the stairs slower than the others and I basically always walk near the wall and never near the handrail.

Last edited by Delano762 (10/24/11 16:10)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#10 10/24/11 16:10

Bozzman

Mukade wrote:

Even in video games, I hate swimming in water if I know, or think, there's going to be something attacking me.

Same! In the first Crysis game if you swam to far out in the ocean water a shark would come and insta-kill you. It was truly scary! tongue

Here take this hypo!

#11 10/24/11 16:10

Mukade

I don't mind rodents, I actually quite like them. I never got why people don't like them. I guess if you encountered a swarm of dirty rats underground or something, then quite a bit less, but meh. I owned pet mice for awhile, and I adored them. As for needles, I don't like em either, but I can't say I'm scared of them. As for heights, I don't mind them. I love climbing trees and stuff ^_^

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#12 10/24/11 17:10

Iritscen

Well, you're quite fearless, then, aren't you?

*flings scorpion at Mukade* smile

#13 10/24/11 17:10

Samer
Website

then **pushes mukade into murky water** tongue

it's the rats' tails and shrieking that freaks me out tongue  try giving a rat an injection into his abdomen with one hand while carrying him still in ur other hand tongue and if they bite you, you have to take a shot, another thing i hate: needles ... so it's 2 things i hate combined into one tongue :\

i'm ok with hamsters for example :\ no tails & no shrieking tongue

I'm ok with heights, love roller coaster rides and that type of thing, and I'm ok with water even though i'm not a good swimmer.

the dark used to freak me out when i was younger, like complete pitch black darkness ... but i grew out of it.

Last edited by Samer (10/24/11 17:10)

#14 10/24/11 18:10

Mukade

yeah, I would probably flip if you threw a scorpion at me..
Well, I guess when you put it that way Samer ^_^  Although, even though their tails aren't pretty, they're far from scary.
Roller coasters ftw big_smile
And I actually love swimming, it's just unknown waters that freak me out sad

#15 10/24/11 18:10

adorage

I'm a regular blood donor, live on a hill, go swimming every week and have about 10 spiders in my room... also my sister's friend has two cute pet rats she takes everywhere with her. I guess none of you guys will ever come visit me big_smile

I'm actually really scared of trains. When I'm in one it's ok but from the outside... 2/3 of all bad dreams I have are about trains. They are loud, giant, unstoppable killing machines that have freaked me out for as long as I can remember.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#16 10/24/11 18:10

Knox

Being laughed at just because I screwed up a little.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#17 10/24/11 19:10

Mukade

Knox wrote:

Being laughed at just because I screwed up a little.

I think this applies to the majority of people who had to do any sort of public speaking in school... Not really a phobia imo, but true.

Hey adorage, sounds like you got a sick house ^_^
I actually live on a hill too, I had pet mice before (and would still if I had money) go swimming quite often in the summer. Don't much like the sound of your room tho :-/

#18 10/25/11 05:10

Jon God

• Spiders (To a small degree, I see them pretty much every day, it's like, bigger/harryer ones that scare me)
• Heights, They make my stomach fall out.
• Deep/murky water, it just.... Maybe it's cause I almost drowned when I was younger.
• Bridges, I really don't understand this one, but when I am crossing a huge bridge, it's always kinda stressful for me.
• Needles, I didn't used to have this fear, it just kinda showed up.

I know I have more, but I can't think of any atm.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#19 10/25/11 11:10

Dirk Gently
Website

Some heights, primarily shear drops. I don't have problems with looking out of airplanes, but I don't like open staircases (indoor or outdoor), looking out from tall buildings,  and glass elevators / staircases.

#20 10/26/11 13:10

Iritscen

Say, I almost hate to bring this up, but for those who are afraid of needles, how do you deal with going to the dentist when he wants to shoot you up with Novocaine?

#21 10/26/11 14:10

Samer
Website

we should put all this stuff in the dream lab level tongue giant spiders ad rats and needles .. yup that's worse than muro.

#22 10/26/11 14:10

Delano762
Website

Iritscen wrote:

Say, I almost hate to bring this up, but for those who are afraid of needles, how do you deal with going to the dentist when he wants to shoot you up with Novocaine?

Novocaine and that kind of stuff is much less scary than a needle in vein, I can tell that from my experience.

Last edited by Delano762 (10/26/11 14:10)

#23 10/26/11 14:10

Iritscen

It's less scary than a needle to the inside of your mouth???

#24 10/26/11 15:10

Delano762
Website

Yes, that's what I remember. Couldn't feel my mouth for at least 3 hours, though.

Last edited by Delano762 (10/26/11 15:10)

#25 10/26/11 15:10

Jon God

Iritscen wrote:

Last time I went to the dentist, I got 4 fillings, and I decided to ask for them not to give me any shots, so I did it with only minor numbing.

Yeah, needles are scary.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

Board footer