Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/23/11 07:08

EdT
Website

Enhanced Oni gameplay - Community Package

Samer had a great idea in adding the Skull Team to Oni's gameplay.  But why stop there?

Why not make a package mod that adds as many of the community mods into Oni's gameplay?  What I mean is a package that modifies the BSL and BINACHAR of various levels to replace/add the new characters/weapons and so on. Similar to Team Final Battle, but throughout the entire game.

For example, add Casey to TCTF headquarters and spawn him in the garage with Konoko, and add the command ai2_followme Casey to the BSL, so that he follows you around in the level.  Replace EvilKonoko with Motoko. Replace some of the current weapons, with new ones.  Find someplace to add the Jester and Hayate.  Replace some Strikers with the guard dogs and so on.

Add your ideas to the thread and hopefully someone one besides me can put this community package together (I want to continue with the Lair Tutorial which will take some time)

Let's make this our Summer 2011 package mod.

#2 08/23/11 08:08

Mukade

Re: Enhanced Oni gameplay - Community Package

I've been thinking of something like this. Although, I have a problem with replacing Evil Konoko with Motoko, just 'cause it would take away from the story imo, but I'm sure you could find somewhere else to put her, not hatin' on Motoko wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 08/23/11 10:08

Iritscen

The fight with the two Furies in Dream Lab is kind of pointless.  Maybe put Motoko there instead?  If she's going to be anywhere, it should probably be the Dream level.  Who know, perhaps Konoko was watching GitS while eating pizza before bed.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 08/23/11 12:08

Dirk Gently
Website

D: i dont want to fight motoko!

#5 08/23/11 13:08

Samer
Website

yay YES big_smile

in the All star dream lab package i had once I added motoko instead of one of the red furies and shinatambot on the bridge ^^

well I have a lot of ideas like that ...

besides the skull team ..

Casey :
adding casey to the end of the training level where u have to beat him (not all the way beating him just bring his health down to a certain level)
adding casey to the tctf HQ to fight besides konoko like Edt said

a competition mod between her and casey in the tctf HQ on who can beat more syndicate forces.

ShinatamaBot:
adding her at the TCTF HQ redux as a boss
adding her at the Final Fight to assist konoko
Fighting her at the dream lab most suitable the room with the giant shinatama on the rail or on the bridge right before the evil konoko fight

Kojiro
replacing the comguy in places where he should appear in conversations with Muro... well now i think of it we could add him in several places .. i didn't want to add him at the end of the compound because u could knock him off the ledge but there's no reason not to add him in several spots : example end of airport level where 2 red strikers appear u defeat him but don't kill him he runs away, compound level at save point 3 instead of red fury carrying screaming cannon u also fight him and defeat him, he runs away .. then 2 finally replace the final comguy near the satellite where u finally defeat him once and for all.

James and Jamie ..
adding them as ghosts in the dream lab .. where they could maybe help u fight for a few minutes before they disappear .. final battle against evil konoko .. maybe halfway thru the battle .. muro and griffin reappear and try to fight konoko again, then jamie and james appear and help her.

Hayate : I really feel he would fit best in the custom level Lukas made with the columns.

Converting all of the second level to a BGI level ( i know AE team has plans for the BGI but till then, we could use what we already have : the agents, the guard dogs big_smile, Jubei and Akane, i'll try to release the typhoon and the bgi boss as well .. and the characters could use many of the new weapons. or maybe one of the new custom levels even if temporarily.

Jester :
replicating the custom arena level and changing the textures to crazy like textures big_smile, scary jester faces and toys and stuff ... i'd love to see a jester clone script like gumby's mukade clone script where u fight many replicates of him at the same time ...

Motoko
The dream lab level seems most suitable for her
or we could do a guest star level big_smile... for characters outside from Oni to include Motoko, Master Chief, Lara Croft, Jester (inspired form devil may cry game), and I'll try to finish a prince of persia outfit for Hayate.  could use one of the new levels.

big_smile these are my wish list package or packages. I wish I could do them but I'm just not picking up bsl :\
if each modder adopted one of these ideas that he is most interested in we could accomplish a lot and then we could combine our efforts ^^

yeah ... smile

Last edited by Samer (08/23/11 13:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 08/23/11 18:08

Knox

Maybe replace the 2 ninjas right before the end of Regional State Building with Jubei and Akane?

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#7 08/24/11 00:08

MyKa4eB0
Website

Black Chief hired by Griffin instead some TCTF Swat (TCTF 2 - level 13)

Geyser Thank u for your help. Now i'm a good scripter

#8 08/24/11 01:08

Mukade

MyKa4eB0 wrote:

Black Chief hired by Griffin instead some TCTF Swat (TCTF 2 - level 13)

The one that tries to kill Mai with an M-Bow? "Target acquired! It's her!" *pew*

Also, it would be nice if we could include all the HD Characters as well. We'd obviously have to select the best Konoko texture, we could add Bozzman's new TCTF textures, and all the other characters we have as well.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 08/24/11 03:08

MyKa4eB0
Website

U talk about 12th level, but... Yes about him smile

How can i add new char in OBJCharacter file?

Last edited by MyKa4eB0 (08/24/11 03:08)

#10 08/24/11 04:08

Mukade

Easiest way is to replace an existing character. Find which character you want, and where is says <Class> in the BINACJBOCharacter file, put the class of the character you want. The class of a character is the name of the ONCC of the character. So the ONCC for the regenerating tanker is ONCCreg_tanker so the class would be reg_tanker.

That good enough, or do you need more detailed steps on how to extract the BINA etc... If you want, you can give me exactly which one you want to replace, that way, I can tell you exactly what you can do.

#11 08/24/11 05:08

Coyote

That didin't work for me. I edited BINACJBOCharacter file in level1_final and added 'motoko' class in first enemy tags.

<Class>motoko</Class> 
<Name>Train_TD_1</Name>

Then I spawned Train_TD_1 and unfortunately worker showed up hmm What did I wrong?

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#12 08/24/11 05:08

Mukade

I don't know. I only have vanilla Oni installed on this computer, so I can't really look to see what you did wrong. Only thing I can think of is that you didn't install it right. Maybe you didn't put it into a package and run installer, idk. From what you wrote, it sounds like you just tried to drop the BINA right into the lvl1_final folder.

Also, I have a few sugestions for this package. First, you can also add Kojiro in TCTF HQ, where he says that the Static Defenses are down. Also, where that fury walks around the corner, where she beat 3 TCTF agents, I'm thinking we can put one of the custom characters there smile

#13 08/24/11 07:08

Coyote

Mukade wrote:

Maybe you didn't put it into a package and run installer, idk.

Do I have to? I've only edited BINA file...

#14 08/24/11 07:08

Mukade

Yes, you do. Any changes you make to the game, except BSL files as far as I know, have to be put into a package, and you have to run AE Installer, which takes a couple minutes. The easiest way would be to find a package that already modifies level 1, and put it in there. If you don't have any, just go into Onisplit and create a package there.

#15 08/24/11 08:08

Coyote

Thanks, I've finally managed to spawn Motoko but she's a doll hmm Non-custom characters work fine...And sorry for spam in wrong thread, we should divide it

#16 08/24/11 11:08

MyKa4eB0
Website

Mukade wrote:

Easiest way is to replace an existing character. Find which character you want, and where is says <Class> in the BINACJBOCharacter file, put the class of the character you want. The class of a character is the name of the ONCC of the character. So the ONCC for the regenerating tanker is ONCCreg_tanker so the class would be reg_tanker.

thanks wink

#17 08/24/11 17:08

Mukade

Coyote wrote:

but she's a doll

Elaborate O_o

#18 08/24/11 17:08

Coyote

She doesn't move, doesn't get up when knocked down etc..

#19 08/24/11 20:08

EdT
Website

Coyote: In the section for Motoko, look for <MeleeId> what is there? Try changing it to this: <MeleeId>22</MeleeId>

#20 08/25/11 07:08

Coyote

The same hmm Here's my BINACJBOCharacter file. Maybe this would help:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/300281 … racter.xml

#21 08/25/11 09:08

EdT
Website

So I don't have to play the whole level, where will Motoko appear?

FYI, I changed the first thug to appear A_t48 to motoko and she fought.

#22 08/25/11 10:08

Coyote

Well, I've created my own bsl file and spawned her in final training room. And what's A_t48? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong hmm

edit: ok problem solved smile I've changed Striker with Motoko and now she fights. However, it is still strange. I came with this idea when I've discovered that other workers don't fight as well. Only strikers were willing to fight.

Last edited by Coyote (08/25/11 11:08)

#23 08/25/11 12:08

paradox-01

Late answers:
- In your char file she had <Type>Patrol</Type> <PatrolPathId>0</PatrolPathId> whereby 0 was indeed a patrol path. It tells the AI to ignore the player. You can prevent that by using <Type>None</Type>.
- A_t48 is bsl name for the first warehouse thug. He comes handy for tests cuz he's spawned very near at save point 1. (ai2_shownames = 1)

Board footer