Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/30/10 10:01

Lithium

Re: To the community: Oni's "dark future"?

well i wouldn't say almost a year....maybe some months r half a year...or idk
but anyhow....good luck on those exams in the future

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#27 01/30/10 19:01

Stevinlewis

loveoni! ur back... Or always here big_smile!

#28 01/30/10 21:01

Lithium

correction "love_oni"

#29 01/31/10 22:01

Phydur

Gumby wrote:

If you will take a look, EdT is just about the only person from the old Oni boards who still posts here regularly. Iritscen and I haven't been around long in comparison. Sometimes I feel like the fan base for this game is dieing.

i just dont have much to contribute. i try not to post unless i have something to say. cause otherwise i'd just end up spamming.
and i dont want to do that.
i also get busy with school work and what not, but i do come here on and off quite frequently.
just wanted to point out that i came from the old oni bords. well the boards before this one anyway.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#30 03/09/10 19:03

Mukade

Hmmm, Okay, you did it I'm back big_smile

This may be an older post, but i just got back on today, I alwasy take a break from every game once in awhile, and I think this one is starting to lift a bit.

That whole first post about call to action and what not (I skimmed alot of it, it's quite long)
anyways, I was originally planning on just skimming thru posts to see if there was anything new, not actually posting, but I just couldn't ignore this post smile

Anyways, I am currently taking a basic programming course in school, and I am catching on amazingly quick, I wish I could help more with the AE and what not, maybe in time I will. I wish I could learn faster sad

So I don't know what date this is from, so sorry if I am pulling a necro on this post, but I think it's important not to forget it. Good to be back guys wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 03/09/10 22:03

myplea1

And since he's coming back I may as well too, seeing as I don't have anything much to do with my time anyways.
Hopefully we'll stick around for long enough for us to get a goodbye speech in again. big_smile
I still don't script Fyi so I'm still a useless member of the community but at least I'm still a member  cool

Last edited by myplea1 (03/09/10 22:03)

Awol

#32 03/09/10 22:03

EdT
Website

Mukade, myplea1: Glad to see you're back.  Just in time the next version of AE should be released soon.

#33 03/10/10 07:03

Mukade

Ooooh, can't wait wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#34 03/10/10 20:03

Lithium

And i got ONi on my pc! great right?

Last edited by Lithium (03/10/10 20:03)

#35 03/10/10 22:03

Mukade

So you can stop playing it on your unresponsive PS2 right?
Sounds great wink

Last edited by Mukade (03/10/10 22:03)

#36 03/10/10 22:03

myplea1

Yes! I know our timing is impeccable, can't wait to see the new AE

Awol

#37 03/11/10 17:03

Lithium

yup, now to install AE

#38 03/11/10 17:03

myplea1

LoL, hopefully it won't crash on you and somebody will have to solve another problem.

Awol

#39 03/11/10 20:03

Lithium

uh...to late XD

#40 03/11/10 20:03

Iritscen

We're a bit off-topic, aren't we?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#41 03/11/10 22:03

Mukade

Not my fault >_>

Feel free to delete all off topic posts xD

#42 03/27/10 11:03

Bad Religion

You said that you need players, right? Like, people to test the mods?

I could do that, I guess. My main computer sucks, but I've got a laptop that could probably run Oni. All I'd need to do is find my copy of Oni and get a gamepad.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.

#43 03/27/10 11:03

Samer
Website

mm I think we need more modders than players tongue

However you really should give the Anniversary Edition and all the mods a try .. just because u'll enjoy them ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#44 08/21/11 15:08

Samer
Website

uhmmm :\ ok i feel that i should say this and I hope it doesn't come out the wrong way:

people should give more feedback on mods big_smile cz it gets frustrating when one works and no one seems to even try the mod :\

for example ... i haven't heard feedback on the regenerating tanker .. the new look for the grey fury, and i've asked here for suggestions to make my current mods better and what mod is ur favorite : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1964

very few have commented ... i don't really expect new members to comment, but i think the current ones should. 

new members are asking questions that are left unanswered (help and troubleshooting thread)

new members are trying to mod but no one is stepping up to offer them help ... (casual tanker by Knox and onirulez )..

we need to give more feedback to the current modders, make new tutorials for new members  ..

and a lot of modders have lots of skill but have become very inactive lately,

i really appreciate ur work guys but wish to see something new from u ... paradox, i'd love it if u found the time to help with animations (butterfly kick ... throws, hayate sword moves) .. or to see a more detailed tutorial from u on animations particularly throws ..

Script-10 and other modders who are great with bsl, there are so many new levels and so many new characters that could make use of some game-play scripts ... (jester arena fight, skull team fight, casey competition )... there were so many scripts for vanilla oni ... now that we've expanded the levels and the characters and possible stories we should see more scripts not less, especially now that the Anniversary Edition supports bsl packages ...

I know a lot of members are working on level importing right now like Lukas and Delano and Edt of course ... so i exclude u tongue but hope u keep us all more updated on ur progress not just through the mibbit chat.

and you all know how much I appreciate everyone's work, hope we keep going forward.

Last edited by Samer (08/21/11 15:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#45 08/21/11 16:08

Lukas Kreator

Hmm... I agree, those things are happening... We are lacking tutorials and some people are very inactive, including me :\
No, I'm not currently making any level, and I feel I'm a bit distant from the forums right now. I'll reply to this by finishing my 'level importing tool' and updating my tutorial ASAP.
And you are right, I should post my progress somewhere in the forums. However, some people were helping me test my tool at the mibbit chat but they are gonne now :\

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/21/11 17:08)

#46 08/21/11 17:08

Mukade

Samer wrote:

people should give more feedback on mods big_smile cz it gets frustrating when one works and no one seems to even try the mod :\

I know, I do feel kinda bad about that, I have some thoughts, but it's mostly personal preference, nothing wrong with em. You've probably mosted whenever I comment, I congradulate you on what you do (because it's almost always good work) and I give suggestions on how to improve it in my own opinion. If I don't comment at all, it's because any changes I might want to see are minute, and not worth bothering with, or just a matter of personal preference. If I don't say anything, it's cause I don't have anything to say about it, not because I'm not looking, or because I don't think is good. You know what they say, no news is good news ^_^

Samer wrote:

new members are asking questions that are left unanswered (help and troubleshooting thread)

Admitedly, I don't visit help forums often, because all the problems are techincal, and not within my skill to help with, but from the amount of times those forums are posted on, I can guess that people are at least trying to help. And alot of the time, the questions I see have already been answered plenty of times, and people just don't bother searching for a fix before posting there.

Samer wrote:

new members are trying to mod but no one is stepping up to offer them help ... (casual tanker by Knox and onirulez )..

Well, I don't see *too* many new people trying (and maybe that's because no1 is stepping up, if that's the reason, then I'm sry) but I tried to help Knox with his animated character faces, when he tried. As for the casual tanker, I know he wanted to do one. But as far as I know, you were the one that actually suggested that he do it. He did do the purple hair, but I'm not sure it was his intention to complete the casual tanker.

Samer wrote:

and a lot of modders have lots of skill but have become very inactive lately

Sorry about that, I have a serious self-motivation problem. When you told me that you were waiting for me to make new animations before releasing characters, it helped give me motivation, since someone else was depending on me. It's a really big fault I have sad
As for other people, idk, a lot of them are older and have more Real Life to deal with than I do.

Samer wrote:

.. or to see a more detailed tutorial from u on animations particularly throws ..

I keep meaning to release the tutorial I have, but I haven't gotten around to getting it into a movie editor. I had some problems with it earlier. And About halfway through the throw I've been working on today, I kicked myself for not doing the tutorial on this one, but it was too late by then. I'll try to remember for the next one.

And no, none of this came out the wrong way, but we are a small community, and you are probably one of the most active modders, at least at the moment. Don't be too hard on other people for not being as active. I myself don't have an excuse, I don't deny it, but tht doesn't mean others don't. Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's really hard to interpret tone in a text message, it's not meant to be harsh. Anyways, I do agree with what you're saying. Hopefully we'll be able to improve in the future.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text. And necro post ftw! (I know, I know... you did it because the thread fit the message, but still ^_^)

Last edited by Mukade (08/21/11 17:08)

#47 08/21/11 17:08

Lukas Kreator

Mukade wrote:

I have a serious self-motivation problem. [...] It helped give me motivation, since someone else was depending on me. It's a really big fault I have sad

#48 08/21/11 18:08

s10k
Website

I have begin working at rl and I will begin shortly studding at the same time. I have also lost some interest by the game over the last years. And the time that rests me I have been working in another projects (a site and other game). I will see if I can release something but it's hard because of what I've said. It's awesome the tools that we have today for modding and see things like new characters and levels is something that I never expected to see without the source code, especially the levels.

You have made a lot by the community Samer, keep it up. I have tried your skull fury but not commented it in the forum, I will try to comment more the community mods when I try them at least.

Last edited by s10k (08/21/11 18:08)

#49 08/21/11 18:08

Alloc
Website

mukade wrote:

As for other people, idk, a lot of them are older and have more Real Life to deal with than I do.

I think that's exactly the point. Most of the people who were really deeply involved in modding the previous years are by now around the age were the really hard life begins. Some are studying, some started a job, ...
Oni is still a great game and I think most of the older people also still love it. But it's hard to spent time on it anymore since there's more serious stuff to do nowadays. Though I'm also bugging people to do some stuff around Oni wink
I still appreciate any single piece of work done by this community for Oni and I'll definitely comment on some stuff later as I know that ppl showing interest in your work do really give lots of motivation (that's one reason I stopped working on OUP before wink ). But right now I don't even have that much time to try out all the things that were done up to now wink

Anyway: Keep up the good work everyone. Even though you don't get that much feedback I'm completely sure that lots of people enjoy your work. And who knows ... perhaps sometime we'll have more freedom in our work around Oni than we do now (like official rights to do whatever we like with Oni (or at least a statement that no one will punish us), source of Oni, ...).

Cheers,
Chris

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#50 08/21/11 19:08

EdT
Website

Samer: Sorry, I haven't taken time to test any of your new mods, I'm too focused on this level, there is so much to learn and figure out.

But, know this, your creative works are very much appreciated and enjoyed.

Board footer