Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/13/11 02:08

ngodoan

Subtitle in game

In Option Game has subtitle English language, but I want another subtitle, I want Viet Nam language. How can I get it ?

#2 08/13/11 08:08

Iritscen

Re: Subtitle in game

Well, if Oni came out in Vietnamese, then we could take the SUBT files from that version of the game and make a mod package that you could install.  However, I don't know if there is such a version or if anyone here owns it.  The only other option would be for someone to make the translation of the dialogue themselves, and then we could turn that into a package.  I'm also not entirely sure that Oni supports subtitles for a non-Roman language like Vietnamese, so that's a separate issue.  Does anyone know if the Japanese Oni has subtitles?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/14/11 13:08

Tarik
Banned

Iritscen wrote:

Well, if Oni came out in Vietnamese, then we could take the SUBT files from that version of the game and make a mod package that you could install.  However, I don't know if there is such a version or if anyone here owns it.  The only other option would be for someone to make the translation of the dialogue themselves, and then we could turn that into a package.  I'm also not entirely sure that Oni supports subtitles for a non-Roman language like Vietnamese, so that's a separate issue.  Does anyone know if the Japanese Oni has subtitles?

Hey, Iritscen.

I found this Contact on YouTube, and he has the Japanese version of ONI, you can give it a try to ask him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Animexjapan

I asked him if he could, he also has a Gameplay video very rare in my Opinion.

#4 08/14/11 14:08

TOCS

Really? Did he provide you with any information regarding the Japanese version of the game? Also I can't seem to find that gameplay video you're talking about.

#5 08/14/11 14:08

Tarik
Banned

TOCS wrote:

Really? Did he provide you with any information regarding the Japanese version of the game? Also I can't seem to find that gameplay video you're talking about.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6476Ab24Hb4&

#6 08/15/11 00:08

TOCS

That looks awesome! It would indeed be cool, if we could retrieve the speech for this game, to give it a more authentic anime inspired feel. tongue

#7 08/15/11 01:08

Tarik
Banned

TOCS wrote:

That looks awesome! It would indeed be cool, if we could retrieve the speech for this game, to give it a more authentic anime inspired feel. tongue

There is a chinese one too, look at this video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTIyODEwMDY0.html
Notice, at the last point of the video that barabus has a different death voice, and it's obvious cause it's on a Chinese website and i know the name Olive.

#8 08/16/11 14:08

Iritscen

Tarik wrote:

Hey, Iritscen.

I found this Contact on YouTube, and he has the Japanese version of ONI, you can give it a try to ask him.

Thanks Tarik, I'll look into it, or maybe Jon God will since I know he's been hunting for this.  Sorry I haven't done anything with the language files yet, I've been super-busy IRL.  Rest assured that I haven't forgotten about them.

#9 08/16/11 14:08

Tarik
Banned

Iritscen wrote:
Tarik wrote:

Hey, Iritscen.

Thanks Tarik, I'll look into it, or maybe Jon God will since I know he's been hunting for this.  Sorry I haven't done anything with the language files yet, I've been super-busy IRL.  Rest assured that I haven't forgotten about them.

I have been hunting for it, for a Year now, i have some information Regarding of what he Said in Japanese and English.

Japanese: "ONI日本語版の撮影を試みたところ、windows2000以­前のOSでないと起動できませんし、XP以降用の起動パッチが適­用できないようです。
古いPCは残っているので、時間があるときに試してみたいと思い­ますが、気長に待ってください。"

English Translated: "I tried to shoot the Japanese version of ONI, Otherwise you can not start the previous OS windows 2000, can not seem to be patched after launch for XP.
Since the old PC is left, but I would like to try when you have time, please wait patiently."

We're close to it, we should keep the line straight, and go forward to the end of this Version.

#10 08/16/11 14:08

Tarik
Banned

I'll tell you one thing, Illegalizations, can be overrated for ONI so we will never know how the Full version of the Japanese version is like we should try and get the .ISO, no point of Warez or anything. Focus on the Japanese one, this guy is our only hope i'll tell you that right now.

We should all work together to get the Japanese version!
Who is with me!

I cannot do it alone and ask him to Give it to me we must go on YouTube and all ask him once and for all For the Japanese, version and See how much we Care about ONI, no Illegal things or anything is going to Stop us from taking the Japanese version RIGHT GUYS?!

I have already commented.

Last edited by Tarik (08/16/11 14:08)

#11 08/16/11 15:08

Iritscen

I don't have a problem with asking privately to look at the Japanese version to see what's different.  The main rule that we have in this community is to not provide the entire game for download publicly or to condone pirating in general.  We should be able to legally provide a mod, however, to insert foreign language audio or subtitles.

If we need to find someone to speak to him in Japanese, I can take care of that this afternoon.  Please don't bug him too much in the meantime if he can't speak any English :-)

#12 08/16/11 15:08

Tarik
Banned

Iritscen wrote:

I don't have a problem with asking privately to look at the Japanese version to see what's different.  The main rule that we have in this community is to not provide the entire game for download publicly or to condone pirating in general.  We should be able to legally provide a mod, however, to insert foreign language audio or subtitles.

If we need to find someone to speak to him in Japanese, I can take care of that this afternoon.  Please don't bug him too much in the meantime if he can't speak any English :-)

Do you know Japanese?

I can't think of anything else then the Japanese Anime feel in ONI, with the Japanese Language it will be a real game.

Last edited by Tarik (08/16/11 15:08)

#13 08/16/11 15:08

Delano762
Website

Maybe ISOing the entire game isn't necessary. Doesn't the level0_final.dat and level0_final.raw contain the audio files?
Man, this is going to be awesome if we succeed.

Last edited by Delano762 (08/16/11 15:08)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#14 08/16/11 15:08

Tarik
Banned

SO! he doesn't want to give it SO, i have to go all the way UP to JAPAN! to get the Japanese Version OF the Game?!

I can't order it from Amazon. and make them send it to Europe?!

I'm legal, i can have the Game no matter what i can have it for free cause i wanted to buy it, i would buy it for 60 Dollars; strange thing there is only one Copy on Amazon.

I need the Original ISO with the Installer, I bought the ONI games so there is nothing illegal.

#15 08/16/11 15:08

Tarik
Banned

Can't sleep now, every minute looking if Animexjapan has commented.

Where is Serguei, he's gone for 2 Weeks i think.

#16 08/16/11 15:08

Tarik
Banned

If he doesn't want to give the ISO, please anyone help me, can i buy the ONI game from Amazon it's in Japan can they transfer it to Europe?

#17 08/16/11 16:08

Tarik
Banned

Looks like i can't buy it out of Japan, Sad. Very Sad.

#18 08/16/11 16:08

Tarik
Banned

I'm going to be clear once and for all, http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A8%E3%83 … B00005ON6N, what does it say huh? what translate it! and you'll see "cannot be bought outside of Japan" my Stupid Religion. that sucks.

#19 08/16/11 16:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Post-tacular!

#20 08/16/11 16:08

Tarik
Banned

I feel like my Teeth, is falling now.
Still looking if somebody is commenting on YouTube or OCF.

#21 08/16/11 16:08

Lukas Kreator

Calm down, please! smile
Multiple-posting is not cool...

Remember what Iritscen said:

Please don't bug him too much in the meantime

#22 08/16/11 16:08

Mukade

Holy penguins! Tarik, you realize you can just stick all that into one post using the edit button?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#23 08/16/11 16:08

Tarik
Banned

Lukas Kreator wrote:

Calm down, please! smile
Multiple-posting is not cool...

Remember what Iritscen said:

Please don't bug him too much in the meantime

I see, but it's more frustrating that i just can't buy it online, 70$ would be my last for the game in Japanese.

#24 08/16/11 16:08

Tarik
Banned

I Basically have to spend like what?
A trip to Japan 2000$?
Like that...

#25 08/16/11 16:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Post-Spree!