Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 05/17/11 09:05

paradox-01

Re: ONCV & ONIE discussion

After some more tests (featuring sometimes problems, no problem, and finally crash with shinbot) I think there's a problem with the total number of involved files, especially with the number of particles. When I install the packages with (Options > Show advanced Options) "separated Level0" then also Shinatama isn't complaining. Maybe the engine can better handle smaller archives.
Over here problems start to show up around 1055 BINA3RAP and 11936 files in total (for a complete level0_Final).
(edit @ 'strike')

Last edited by paradox-01 (05/17/11 23:05)

#52 05/17/11 15:05

Samer
Website

"I think there's a problem with the total number of involved files, especially with the number of particles."

that's the only explanation i could find to. the simple solution would be to not install too many packages that affect particles at same time.
hope we could find another way around it though.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#53 05/18/11 02:05

Gumby

There might be some sort of engine issue at 1024 BINA files...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#54 05/18/11 16:05

Yoriko

I'm not sure if this has to do with the character variant fix or not but every member of the tctf are blank white at parts, for instance is shintatamas head white and the tctf lite has got a white head and body.
Does the character variant fix do anything to the existing characters?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#55 05/18/11 17:05

Samer
Website

no yoriko that's related to the type of textures. high resolution textures with reflectivity might cause that problem
so the packages affecting that are Severed's textures and CharacterRetexture package.

those type of high resolution textures require a modified binkw32.dll .. the new Anniversary edition already comes with that file .. i'm not sure why u're getting that problem.
anyway here's my working bink32 file  http://www.mediafire.com/?dcvdz35bqm8kwh9

delete the binkw32.dll in the Edition folder and put the one u downloaded instead.

if that doesn't work ask Gumby here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1629&p=1
u can see in my post there that i had ur same problem when i first installed the edition too

btw u're on pc not mac right ?

Last edited by Samer (05/18/11 17:05)

#56 05/19/11 05:05

Yoriko

Well that bink file did it, not sure why but now it works fine with all the new textures. hmm

I'm running a windows 7 operative system, it's a pc

Right, new problem involving new characters: I cannot install the character Motoko, I extract the file to the package but the file isnt showing up in the AE installer.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#57 05/19/11 06:05

Iritscen

o.O  How do you manage to have problems that shouldn't even be possible?  You downloaded the package from here? http://mods.oni2.net/node/81

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#58 05/19/11 06:05

Yoriko

There's a motoko package inside the motoko package? I managed to get it to work by deleting my already downloaded motoko package that was outside the motoko package and replaced it with the motoko package inside the motoko package.

Simple enough....

EDIT: Btw, is there supposed to be an invisible Konoko character? Sometimes on oni zen garden arena I find myself fighting a konoko that I cannot see but hear, enemies can see her perfectly so there must be a model that I cannot see.

Last edited by Yoriko (05/19/11 07:05)

#59 05/19/11 07:05

Yoriko

Ahem, allow me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWb6JDy … ideo_title

Why you may ask? The answer: When I have motoko installed I get the same blam difficulties as when having onirules weapon collection installed. -.-
If I'm correct I believe motoko has a unique colour particle trails. So what can I do to make her work without causing my game to crash?

Btw, it crashes when I have her installed using the generic female heavy leg sweep aswell.

EDIT: Dont worry about this problem, I think it is like Samer said that it crashes when you've got too many mods installed affecting particles, I removed the devastator weapon by ONIRULES and now motoko works fine. ^^

Last edited by Yoriko (05/19/11 08:05)

#60 05/19/11 08:05

Samer
Website

motoko has he same contrails as furies, they are not unique, she has however a unique daodon glow.
please don't get frustrated we can't expect ur problems.

the invisible konoko, weirdly i have that too sometimes i get it as the playable character in the arena, although when i cycle thru characters i don't find her.
i think it's a combination of the hd konoko model &  the high reso textures of the arena

how much ram does ur pc have and what video card do u use ?

solution to the motoko crash : don't install any weapon packages, don't install onirulesparticles, and any packages that contain particles u're not using.

in the end u can always modify the packs manually removing the contrails and particles.

& i don't mean to be a neat freak, but we can go back to ur new problems thread now since they are not associated with the character variant fix anymore nor are they related to the characters i've made.

EDIT : mm ok i replied before u edited ur post :\

Last edited by Samer (05/19/11 08:05)

#61 05/19/11 14:05

Lithium

This man has the biggest problems in Oni. I say we give him a medal of honor

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#62 05/19/11 18:05

Gumby

Motoko does too have custom moves...

#63 05/20/11 11:05

Samer
Website

gumby no one said she doesn't have custom moves.
i said she doesn't have custom contrails nor custom hit impacts in those moves.

#64 05/20/11 11:05

Gumby

Oh, misread contrails as controls. Sorry.

#65 08/15/11 19:08

Knox

....I'm new, and I don't know how all this works. I just wanna install Kojiro 2.0.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#66 08/16/11 01:08

Samer
Website

1- Download & Install the anniversary edition
2- Download this Character Variant fix and do exactly as the readme says in it
3- Update the Onisplit that comes with the Anniversary Edition with the one posted in the Kojiro2.0 thread.
4-Download Kojiro2.0 and install it

You only have to do step 1 and 2 & 4 once, after that u simply download and install the new characters.

#67 08/16/11 09:08

Knox

Okay, and you don't have to install the characters in any special directories? (Sorry, this is all new to me.)

Oni fan since 2001.

#68 08/16/11 09:08

Samer
Website

all packages are installed the same way .. u have to unzip what u download and put the folder in the install packages folder and then install with the AE installer. example download 23500CaseyPC.zip  extract the 23500Casey folder and put it in the install packages folder, open the AE installer in the AE installer checkmark casey and install.

for the character variant fix follow the directions that come with the readme, before u install any character packages)
and in game shapeshift to reach the new characters.

just follow the readme big_smile

Last edited by Samer (08/16/11 09:08)

#69 08/16/11 09:08

Knox

Oh. Thanks!

Oni fan since 2001.

#70 08/16/11 13:08

Knox

How do you update OniSplit? God, it sucks being a noob...

Oni fan since 2001.

#71 08/16/11 13:08

Lukas Kreator

Just download a newer version and replace the old one with it.

#72 08/16/11 14:08

Knox

I swear to god this is my last post here, but do I extract the folder itself, or just the files in it?

Oni fan since 2001.

#73 08/16/11 14:08

Lukas Kreator

Well, if it came in a .zip or something, just extract the files in it to the folder with the old OniSplit files. That means Windows will ask you if you want to replace the files in there. Just tell it to do so.
You can also extract everything to somewhere like the Desktop and then drag everything to the OniSplit folder. There should be an OniSplit.exe wich replaces the old one.

If you need any more help, just ask.

#74 08/16/11 16:08

Tarik
Banned

You people have an Intelligence Quotient over, 150, man i couldn't remember that in a Million Decades, Cause of my 70 Intelligence Quotient, yeah, i said it go ahead laugh.

#75 08/16/11 17:08

Samer
Website

Moderators could we please delete this whole thread ? I've made this into a package and I think leaving this thread would be confusing.

Board footer