Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/11/11 12:08

onirulez

A mod request

If you look at the back of the Oni CD case, you see konoko doing the running lariat on a striker, the guy in the blue clothes, is it possible to mod/make him and put him in Oni and give him TRAMs of Muro or someone?

"Your mine!"

#2 08/11/11 12:08

Yoriko

Re: A mod request

I believe that blue guy is a tanker in casual clothes from the beta.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#3 08/11/11 17:08

Iritscen

I think he was removed before the beta period, but yeah, that's a casual Tanker.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 08/12/11 08:08

onirulez

but is it possible to mod him again and put him back in?

"Your mine!"

#5 08/12/11 11:08

Yoriko

If you mean mod as in model him I cant see any obstructions, however it might be confusing for players to meet a guy in casual clothes attacking you rather than giving you items that helps you on your way to your objective.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#6 08/12/11 11:08

onirulez

U r right about that Yoriko.

"Your mine!"

#7 08/12/11 17:08

Samer
Website

mm that's not hard ... i'll color the tankers hair purple, texture the upper part in 1 color and the lower part in another ...

it's just ... not unique enough for me to go through the trouble ...

However why not try to make it urself onirulez smile ? i'll guide u through it.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 08/13/11 10:08

onirulez

hmm..im not really a modder but ill give its a try if you say so.

"Your mine!"

#9 08/15/11 15:08

Samer
Website

onirulez i just received ur email, sorry i don't check my email as much, it's better to update ur thread here cz i check the forum more often.

anyway I'm sorry I know i said i'll guide u throw it, but i currently don't have enough time, i was working to finish the regenerating tanker, and as of tomorrow i'm going to be really busy with real life stuff.

so GUYS if u want to step out and help him out ^_^ be my guest .. a lot of other members know how ...

I'll give u a few tips ..

1st u'll need to download xsi , it's a free modeling program ( guys please give him a link ) u may find 
2nd u need to download OniSplit 0.956 and demos's GUI
3rd u'll need some program to work on textures like photoshop if u have it, if not download a free program called Gimp

the idea is : u'll use onisplit to convert the TRBS files ( model oni files ) to dae ( a format that u'll be able to work with in xsi)  u'll convert muro's trbs and tanker's trbs and maybe the thugs ... we'll be getting different body parts from different characters and merging them into one
example head from muro
upper body from tanker
lower body from thug maybe

we merge them in XSI and convert them back to oni TRBS by the onisplit

we convert txmp (oni texture files) files into tga or png and modify the character textures in Gimp or Photoshop and then convert the png or tga back to txmp.

all of this info is linked in 1 file called ONCC
so u'll copy the ONCC of the hard tanker let's say convert it to xml .. edit the xml in notepad and change the trbs to the new trbs u made in xsi and change the trma ( file that holds texture links) to the trma u made. rename the ONCC as ONCCcasual_tanker and convert the xml back to oni.

and finally make a package out of it ^_^

These are tutorials about XSI http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1229 how to merge the parts and stuff

these other tutorials can be helpful as well :
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1873

sorry i can't be more detailed ... but u'll figure it out as u go .. that's how i figured it out smile i was never a modder before and my first mod was shinatamabot and we went from there ^_^

so don't give up big_smile

Last edited by Samer (08/15/11 15:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#10 08/16/11 10:08

onirulez

Samer, the xsi mod tool 6 fails on my pc.

EDIT:

just leave it, we already have lots of characters to play with don't make the casual tanker.

Sorry for wasting your time to guide me through it. sad

Last edited by onirulez (08/16/11 10:08)

"Your mine!"

Board footer