Nitr0

Sooo maybe Oni 2?

Read this, maybe they're going to make a remake of the Oni smile

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx … oustarside

Ninjabar thin

#2 08/04/11 15:08

Mukade

Re: Sooo maybe Oni 2?

Doesn't seem likely... when they say "Brand New Universe" they mean a new one, not reviving an old one. And if it's been said once, it's been said 1000 times: Bungie doesn't hold the rights to Oni, Take 2 has them.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what their next big project is, now that Halo has wound down.

Last edited by Mukade (08/04/11 15:08)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 08/04/11 15:08

Delano762
Website

They say they want to make a new universe, so I'm afraid we are still screwed. But I hope I'm wrong.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#4 08/04/11 15:08

Nitr0

I said maybe remake.

Idk, I would be the happiest person in the world to see Oni 2 out... Hope...

Ninjabar thin

#5 08/04/11 16:08

Delano762
Website

You aren't alone smile

#6 08/04/11 16:08

Lithium

Said before, the game was a failure for Bungie. You're not really going to revisit a game that failed you in the past are you?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#7 08/04/11 17:08

Iritscen

"New universe" generally implies anything that is not a game Bungie previously made.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 08/04/11 17:08

Bozzman

If anything watch the last 5 minutes of this video they released -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtG6--4r_qk
Mentions no returning characters.

Here take this hypo!

#9 08/05/11 10:08

Delano762
Website

Now that's something real bloody awesome.

#10 08/05/11 11:08

Yoriko

I fail to understand in what way Halo was a game changer. It's an fps like many others............ hmm

Last edited by Yoriko (08/05/11 11:08)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#11 08/05/11 11:08

TOCS

The first Halo had a great story, in my opinion. They're pretty much just milking the series now, because they know people are dumb enough to buy it, though they're a little innovative at every release. It's basically like Call of Duty, though they're just releasing the same game in a new label every year since 2007.

#12 08/05/11 15:08

Yoriko

I'm not so sure about great story, first off: Why would aliens form a coven just to attack us tiny humans when the aliens are much superior in numbers, weaponry, technology and basically anything concerning combat, what would they gain? How can humanity withstand them and what's special about master chief other than that he is lucky? Why would aliens choose to speak english with each other? Alien language with english subs would make more sense kinda.

Master chief is a boring impersonal character which you know nothing about unlike Konoko. (ofc I'm comparing the two games)
The first game was the best and the only one I'm willing to play over and over again in the series.

I've only played two kinds of games from Bungie, Oni and Halo. If Oni has the same graphics as Halo: Reach the choice would be easy what would get the attention.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#13 08/05/11 17:08

Jon God

Yoriko wrote:

I'm not so sure about great story, first off: Why would aliens form a coven just to attack us tiny humans when the aliens are much superior in numbers, weaponry, technology and basically anything concerning combat, what would they gain? How can humanity withstand them and what's special about master chief other than that he is lucky? Why would aliens choose to speak english with each other? Alien language with english subs would make more sense kinda.

Master chief is a boring impersonal character which you know nothing about unlike Konoko. (ofc I'm comparing the two games)
The first game was the best and the only one I'm willing to play over and over again in the series.

I've only played two kinds of games from Bungie, Oni and Halo. If Oni has the same graphics as Halo: Reach the choice would be easy what would get the attention.

Aliens are attacking because they are ran by a monarchy that is corrupt and super religious, in which their religion basically says to kill humans.

Humanity can't withstand them, hence the plot for the games. The chief is just the chief, he is dedicated, and managed to be the lucky one that made it.

Aliens don't speak english, the humans made translators. you can see how they improve over the corse of the games. In Halo 1, you could only understand the grunts.

Even if you don't like it, get the facts right. smile

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#14 08/05/11 18:08

kyletm57

@Yoriko: I don't exactly see how Halo was a game changer either, but the first game had an amazing online. As a matter of fact, earlier today i was playing custom edition. But i never liked the story all that much, it was kinda bland in my opinion (Games like quake 2 and Duke Nukem 3d had already nailed the whole alien invasion thing).

banner2440.jpg

#15 08/06/11 00:08

Jon God

Halo 2 had better online play (On the console), the Vista version was terrible. Unfortunately the console version can no longer play online, since M$ pulled the plug.

As for the story, it's not for everyone, it's more for the sci-fi and story crowd, while the games you listed are more for the in your face-badassery.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#16 12/07/11 10:12

RuK

I love Oni,but for Bungie,or Take2,Oni is dead..sadly ofc but true sad

#17 12/07/11 16:12

Valkyrur

I personally treat the Uncharted trilogy as a spiritual successor of sorts to Oni. Sure the melee isn't as complex or focused, but it's still there. Plus it is made by Ex-Bungie employees.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#18 12/07/11 17:12

Striker

Whoa... I swear this thread was dead, but... you somehow brought it back to life!
How did you do that? You must teach me your ways!

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#19 12/08/11 11:12

Stevinlewis

Hahahaha hilarious! Necromancer ftw! tongue

#20 12/08/11 23:12

Lithium

Necro.gif Posting is not fun, we usually argue again and nothing is accomplished.

#21 12/09/11 14:12

RuK

Striker wrote:

Whoa... I swear this thread was dead, but... you somehow brought it back to life!
How did you do that? You must teach me your ways!

Funny guy,Striker!... (-_-)

#22 01/05/12 14:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 11:01)

#23 01/05/12 20:01

Yoriko

Windy wrote:

I want Oni2 !!!

Right, but do you have any idea of how we're gonna achieve that?

#24 01/05/12 21:01

Lithium

Fan Fiction.

#25 01/05/12 22:01

Yoriko

I cant speak for the creature but I think it means actually making a game that is a sequel to oni.

Board footer