Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 07/08/11 05:07

paradox-01

Re: New TRAMS

You know the mistake could be in TRAM, ONCC and BINA - links, settings, actual BINA content. Maybe simply upload your stuff so Gumby, Loser, or someone else other than me can look it through. Truth is that I'm very rusty creating particle nor do I ever really mastered it. I would give you the dragon thing for comparisons but it's somewhere on my wrecked HDD.

#52 07/08/11 16:07

Mukade

Well, I'm not trying to create particles, just trying to get them to emit from a body part. And while I was doing this, I actually had Gumby give me a hand, but it still didn't work out. But yeah, I'm gone for the weekend, but I'll review what I've got when I get back, maybe try a few fresh ideas if I have any, and send you what I got if it doesn't work.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#53 08/04/11 08:08

paradox-01

I found a dusty backup of the dragon unit, catch it here if u want to examine.

#54 08/04/11 15:08

Mukade

Alright! Thanks, I'll take a look when I have time. This could be quite helpful smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#55 08/04/11 16:08

Samer
Website

mukade any progress on any of the other moves :$ ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#56 08/05/11 02:08

Mukade

Sorry, been on a modding down, I'll let you know when I start back up.

#57 08/06/11 08:08

Mukade

Hey paradox, thanks for the package, I copied/pasted you Event tags into mine and it worked smile
Still having hella trouble with the orientation, direction and such, and when it isn't going off to the right, it's hitting me before it goes anywhere, so I've still got work to do, but you got me a big step ahead smile

EDIT: Fixed orientation problem more or less... I might tweak it later, but for now it's acceptable. Next time I revisit this, I'll work on visal effects, so I'll add other particles emitted at the same time for visual effect, and also work on practical effect: what it does, damage, range etc... I think it'll turn out nice smile

Last edited by Mukade (08/06/11 09:08)

#58 08/21/11 18:08

Mukade

So I finished another throw, but whenever I bring it into the game, the game doesn't start. Debugger says level 0 is invalid when I do. I know what the problem is, its that my animation is too long. I forget what the number of frames is, but my animation is longer. Now I could probably shorten it some, but if someone knows, or has any ideas on how to fix this problem for good, that would be fantastic...

#59 08/21/11 19:08

EdT
Website

Mukade: Are you using the latest OniSplit: http://mods.oni2.net/node/38

[Replaced direct link to version 0.9.56 of OniSplit on Depot, which was deleted, with link to OniSplit mod page. -I]

Last edited by Iritscen (12/30/12 19:12)

#60 08/21/11 19:08

Mukade

Ironically, I downloaded that after trying to install my animation, so i could run Samer's tanker with the proper textures, but haven't tried using it for my animation ^_^

EDIT: Got it I think! I tried it with the one I just downloaded and it didn't work, but I tried it again from your link and it isn't crashing when I start up.
Only problem is that my character is rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise along the Y-axis, so it looks like he's lying on his side when he does it.... but I can probably figure that out

Last edited by Mukade (08/21/11 19:08)

#61 08/22/11 02:08

Samer
Website

i think the new onisplit automatically rotates the character for the throws to make making them easier, but if u already rotated it urself then it's rotating it again tongue

#62 08/22/11 12:08

Yoriko

I'd love to see previews of any new moves you do Mukade smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#63 08/22/11 15:08

Mukade

Yeah, I should post videos. Half of my work hasn't been released because they're made for Samer's characters that haen't ben created/released yet tongue

@Samer, no it's not an Onisplit problem, it's an XSI problem. I export to dae, then reimport it reight away and it's messed up.

#64 08/22/11 16:08

Samer
Website

they haven't been released cz i don't want them to be released without the new animations tongue

#65 08/22/11 16:08

Mukade

Yeah, I know lol. Anyways, I fixed the animation. The sound the target makes when he hits the floor might be a bit weird. I'll upload it on my Dropbox and send you the link as soon as possible (In the next 10 minutes) and then you can deal with the sound effects, to your desire. (I'd suggest adding a *snap* sound effect as well as the hit_heavy, might make it sound better)

#66 08/22/11 19:08

Samer
Website

it's real nice mukade thanks smile

but if i'm being completely honest, i was hoping it would be a front throw .. i think u misread the description i had before :
4- a throw similar to elite's back crushing (where he carries the target from the back horizontally and crushes the back on the knee :\) .. he picks up the enemy in a horizontal position but from the front .. raises the enmy above the head and then crashes him\her forcefully into the ground.
for the typhoon or the BGI trooper or other strong characters

and was hoping he'd raise him a bit more and crash him a bit more forcefully cz right now it looks like he just drops him ...

but i really appreciate the effort u put into making it ^^

#67 08/22/11 19:08

Mukade

D'oh :-/

Well, you want me to make another one like this? I'd want to keep this one as well obviously, it works fine.

Anyways, I think the next one should be for the BGI Boss. Any suggestions for this?

#68 08/24/11 09:08

Samer
Website

if u could make a frontal equivalent then that would be cool.

for the BGI Boss some throws like the ones from the elektra gamplay video i posted before
deadly ballerina style i'm not entirely sure what it should be .. maybe u could do something cool by merging the devil spin kick and the fury's whirl kick

#69 08/24/11 09:08

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

deadly ballerina style i'm not entirely sure what it should be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-s_pkiU_DU

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#70 08/24/11 17:08

Mukade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That made my entire week Iritscen, especially since I've barely slept xD

#71 08/24/11 19:08

Iritscen

smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer