Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/08/07 19:12

EdT
Website

Re: Seventh Anniversary Edition, Version Absolute Zero

geyser: I did not know if it was possible to add moves (punches, kicks) to Shinatama.  So the only way I could get Shinatama to fight was using a weapon.

#27 12/08/07 20:12

Your_Mom
Website

You could have swapped her TRAM set... I gave her Mutant's

Edit: Blah, outline the steps for me to fix the mini strikers myself please...that would be nice >.>

Last edited by Your_Mom (12/08/07 21:12)

droid803sig.jpg

#28 12/08/07 21:12

geyser
Website

Mommy: patience is a virtue... Why don't you look for the other Easter egg we introduced, instead? wink
Oh well... the fix is as follows: you have to change ONCCstriker_dream_lab so that it links to ONCVstriker
The easiest way to do this is to hex-edit ONCCstriker_dream_lab.oni in Oni\edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final
Look for ONCVstriker_easy in the list of named instances at the end of the file, and replace the _ with a null char.
Then repack level0_Final by calling OniStep.exe -import ..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final ..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat
(assuming you call this from the Oni\edition\install folder; if not, you will have to modify the relative paths accordingly)
You can also call step9999.bat, but then a good idea is to interrupt it right after it's done with level0 (e.g., with Ctrl+C).

Last edited by geyser (12/08/07 21:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#29 12/08/07 22:12

EdT
Website

Your_Mom: How do you swap TRAMs?    On another topic, are you into anime?  I have seen your name somewhere else related to anime, I can't remember where at the moment.

#30 12/08/07 23:12

Gumby

For some reason Taksi doesnt like me running Oni from a bat...

>_> I'm looking into what the bat does...not much by the look of it...maybe copying my Oni .exe will fix it

---

Still nothing -_- Even after copying oni.exe+2 .dlls

---

Another thing! This rocks! tongue I was doing an epic session of  Konoko vs Muro (plus a mutant Muro...I didnt think to use behemoth on a Konoko though), and I noticed that the Muros seemed especially easy...did you adjust his hp? Is there any way to adjust OTA's hp values?

Though Muro vs Mukade might be more fun...I have to work out my dream team of good vs bad though...

...and I also found the other "easter egg"...it makes for a "quick" game smile...unless its just my computer...I won't spoil it though...

Last edited by Gumby (12/09/07 02:12)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#31 12/09/07 12:12

Your_Mom
Website

@geyser: thanks...I'll try that out...
@EdT: http://wiki.oni2.net/ONCC  (specifically 0xC88 and 0xC8C)
sorry I meant TRAC swapping not TRAM swapping.

OT: Yea I watch anime, but I don't use this screen name for any other site I don't think.

droid803sig.jpg

#32 12/09/07 12:12

geyser
Website

Taksi isn't too good at recognizing Oni as an application. You have to start Taksi first, then start Oni right after it. That's not too easy to achieve with Explorer and a bat.
Another problem I had with Taksi is that it only records fine the first time around, so if you want to record several sequences during a single Oni session, just use pause.

If the "epic session" is OTA, then I can assure you that we don't reduce the health of enemies. Everyone gets their own full health. So probably you've just gotten good.
Reducing a character's health is trivial, whereas increasing it beyond the base health is "impossible" without some binary hacking. Feel free to suggest improvements.

...and I also found the other "easter egg"...it makes for a "quick" game

That's not the one I have in mind, apparently. Tell me.

@EdT: http://wiki.oni2.net/ONCC  (specifically 0xC88 and 0xC8C)
sorry I meant TRAC swapping not TRAM swapping.

Now you no longer have to hex-hack the fields in the ONCC itself.
Just look for TRACwhoever_animations at the end of ONCCwhatever.oni
Then overwrite that text string, it should get shorter in your case, EdT.
(if the new string is longer, you're out of luck). Then repack the thing.
However, don't hack too much because all these will be released soon.

Last edited by geyser (12/09/07 12:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#33 12/09/07 14:12

Gumby

It might just be my copy, but when I disable carousel it moves twice as fast as normal O_o

Ill go try my "clean"(ish) version of Oni to make sure...

Couldnt I just have the .bat start Taksi, then Oni?

---

Okaayy...that was odd...the glitch stopped...O_O went back to the same level and everything...I dont know what was up...unless the game automatically speeds up when you have 8 konokos vs 8 muros tongue

Also, I found out why Muro had seemed so easy...apparently when you shapeshift, you retain your origional hp levels...making the fights fiendishly easy -_-

---

And...its doing it again...

I was on OTA TCTF level, the parkinglot building...turned on carousel for a bit, had fun with Mutant Muro, TCTF agent, and civilian bodies, then turned ninja, and turned carousel off...

Last edited by Gumby (12/09/07 14:12)

#34 12/09/07 17:12

geyser
Website

About the speed glitch: I think you're playing with DevMode on and are hitting fast/slow-mo hotkeys.
The bat could probably start Taksi then Oni, but since Taksi+Oni is glitchy anyway, I never bothered.
I've been starting both of them from TotalCommander and recording what I need in a single session...
I've also been experimenting with CamStudio, which I've been told is quite tame once you've tamed it.

#35 12/09/07 23:12

Your_Mom
Website

However, don't hack too much because all these will be released soon.

Ah shit...I went overzealous with my hacking...Remapping half the character's movesets, particle trails and impact arrays to my liking :S...
I doubt I'll be able to find the second easter egg after all my changes... I'm not even sure what came with VA0 anymore sad

--
Would re-packing overwrite anything? I hex-hacked the fields and fixed the mini strikes in OUP since I was afraid of losing my..."work"...
Hopefully the new stuff won't overwrite my old stuff sad...why can't there be a simple way to combine things? *sigh* oh well.

droid803sig.jpg

#36 12/09/07 23:12

EdT
Website

Your_Mom: Thanks for the info, here is the result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJQ5AnijQrc

Its AI verses AI.  ZomShin has Konoko's TRAC and Melee profile.

Your_Mom, when can we see some video of your hacks???

Last edited by EdT (12/09/07 23:12)

#37 12/10/07 04:12

geyser
Website

I doubt I'll be able to find the second easter egg after all my changes...

Doubt not. That one is quite hack-proof. Just be sure to use the original level logic and it'll be There(TM).

why can't there be a simple way to combine things?

You're mistaken as for what "simple" means: .oni files are standalone modules by Oni's own standards smile
OniSplit.exe -import combines them into level archives: yes, it will overwrite your freshly hacked dat/raw.
But: you should get rid of the habit of hacking the dat/raw, and edit the standalone .oni modules instead.
They're more compact to back up or share (as is, or as deltas): they are what the Edition will be based on.
And of course, the current version of OUP supports the format of the .oni files, so you have no excuse wink

Last edited by geyser (12/10/07 09:12)

#38 12/10/07 10:12

EdT
Website

it'll be There(TM)

hmmm... I saw several small files with reference to Iron Demon:
ImptFootstep_IronDemon, ImptFootstep_IronDemon_Turn, ImptFootstep_IronDemon_Turn
could it be possible...

#39 12/10/07 10:12

geyser
Website

I still hope to add the Demon to the Edition, or at least something Demon-like.
The Easter egg we're talking about is unintended, however. It's about Karen smile

#40 12/10/07 14:12

Iritscen

I thought it was strange in the airport level where you have to catch up to Muro that, in the area where the Mad Bomber is standing on a ramp opposite yours, and goes to run down, then the ramp explodes (was that supposed to be him? I always found that confusing. But it's the reason why you have to go outside onto the tarmac and find your way back in further down), down in that room are a couple of yellow-helmeted workers who get attacked by Syndicate goons.  I rushed down there to try to help out, and found that not only were they fighting the Syndies reasonably well, they would also take swings at me.  I ended up having to take both of them out b/c they wouldn't stop it.

Also, have you modded the glass shattering effect?  I pulled a favorite move in the level where you place a tracker on Muro's VTOL.  I lure a Bomber into a room with glass panes all around it, making sure one is busted first as an escape route, then KO him and jump through the broken window pane as he blows.  It's fun because he often blows out a couple windows when he goes off.  This time, the glass blew clear across the open space outside the room.  It was really impressive and I don't remember seeing that behavior before.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#41 12/10/07 16:12

EdT
Website

The Easter egg we're talking about is unintended, however. It's about Karen

I remember you posting a screenshot of Karen fighting 2 MM, but when I went through the training level, she was fighting the 2 droids.

On another note, you mentioned that Mac users can only shapeshift through all the characters, with the Edition version.  Is it possible to add more of the characters to the levels, such as Muro to all the levels?

Last edited by EdT (12/10/07 18:12)

#42 12/11/07 09:12

Iritscen

EdT wrote:
geyser wrote:

The Easter egg we're talking about is unintended, however. It's about Karen

I remember you posting a screenshot of Karen fighting 2 MM, but when I went through the training level, she was fighting the 2 droids.

Same here.  Also, they still won, but oddly, Shinny didn't say anything like she used to ("Oh no! That wasn't supposed to happen!").

EdT wrote:

On another note, you mentioned that Mac users can only shapeshift through all the characters, with the Edition version.  Is it possible to add more of the characters to the levels, such as Muro to all the levels?

Hmm?  In the normal version of Oni, shapeshifter only presents the characters that are loaded for that level, but in Edition Zero, I had access to every character.  Isn't it the same for you, EdT?

Also, geyser, is there a reason/advantage to running Oni using the run_full.sh?  I haven't tried run_wind.sh because the concept of a windowed game scares me, but I suppose I should try it out like a good beta tester.

Finally, there are over 300MB of files in /edition/temp.  Are they supposed to be there?  I'm running out of HD space here!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#43 12/11/07 11:12

EdT
Website

Iritscen: With the Edition for Mac, we can shapeshift into all the characters.  However, only the original characters in a level can be used for scripting such as OTA.  But with the PC version, you can have any character on any level, for example Mutant Muro at the Airport or in the Training level.
Or my video with fighting Shinatama.  I could only run that script on level TCTF2, if I run it in any other level, those characters would not appear.

The problem I discovered with the windowed game, is that the mouse cursor does not remain in the game window.  So at times when I click the mouse button, I select something on the desktop, not performing a punch or kick :-(
So I mainly use the windowed version to test scripts.  I can make changes on the script, reload the level and test it.  Its much better than restarting the game each time.

#44 12/11/07 16:12

Ultimatum479

Yeah, windowed mode does the same for me, EdT. That's what stops me from recording vids, annoyingly. If that problem could be fixed, if the cursor could be forced to stick to the smaller area, that would pwn.

Work in progress...

#45 12/11/07 18:12

Gumby

EdT wrote:

The problem I discovered with the windowed game, is that the mouse cursor does not remain in the game window.  So at times when I click the mouse button, I select something on the desktop, not performing a punch or kick :-(

Only on a Mac...

...on a seperate note...how do you get non level characters to spawn in scripts?

Last edited by Gumby (12/11/07 18:12)

#46 12/12/07 18:12

geyser
Website

The problem I discovered with the windowed game, is that the mouse cursor does not remain in the game window.

Man, do I love how you Mac folks suffer in silence... roll
Ed, how long has it been since you've got -noswitch to work?
6 months? Why'd you keep the problem secret for so long?

I remember the original Carbon version was the one with mouse problems, and OMNI's port fixed that somewhat.
You are telling me that the cursor is not recentered in -noswitch mode, and this makes you click the desktop etc?

One possible fix is to bind keys like F and C to the same functions as the mouse buttons, and use those instead.
(Of course that will only work if clicking outside is what makes the window loses focus, as opposed to hovering)
Another possible fix is to use -noswitch and set Oni to your native resolution.
The desktop will remain hidden, but you will still be able to switch between apps.
There's nothing else I can think of right now: you don't have li_center_cursor...
(On PC, li_center_cursor is a variable that enables cursor centering when =1)
(It's =1 by default, and when =0, our -noswitch behaves the same as yours)

With the Edition for Mac, we can shapeshift into all the characters.  However, only the original characters in a level can be used for scripting such as OTA.  But with the PC version, you can have any character on any level, for example Mutant Muro at the Airport or in the Training level.

There are 2 ways to spawn "any" character in Oni: 1) use chr_set_class (or chr_focus+shapeshifter) OR 2) modify the lineup of spawnable characters in BINACJBOCharacter.
The former is unavailable to Mac folks BUT the latter is actually quite easy, especially with OniSplit.

@ Iritscen: miscellaneous late replies...
I've been running Oni in a "window" practically since I discovered it was possible.
It's convenient in very many ways and doesn't take away from the experience smile

Shinny is supposed to comment on Karen's death always, but may fail to do so.
This can be one of those common glitches with sound lookups, in cutscenes etc.
In this case there's no subtitle, so you'll never notice that the sound messed up.

The initial speed of the glass shards depends of their distance to the bomber (duh)

The bomber at the Airport is probably worth "fixing", but he may be a demo-man smile
The thugs attacking you if you hit them is normal, too. Nothing to do with the Edition.

Actually, all the Edition did so far is globalize character classes (ONCC) and sounds.
We just made all characters available throughout the whole game. That's all we did.
So don't look for any radical changes in gameplay (yet) or any kind of secret hacks.
The easter egg is a very direct consequence of Karen's class now available globally.

#47 12/12/07 18:12

Gumby

Will chr_set_class fix the HP bug that you get with shapeshifter?

...also, how do you deal with having two characters with the same name? I know there is a way, but the old forums is soo slow to search for...

Last edited by Gumby (12/12/07 18:12)

#48 12/12/07 19:12

EdT
Website

geyser: Yes, basically, the game cursor remains in the window, but the normal mouse cursor can move outside the game window, so when you either right or left click, it will click on the desktop or whatever is under the mouse cursor.

Why'd you keep the problem secret for so long?

I thought there couldn't be a solution.

Though, I recently got Halo and even though it plays in a window, the normal mouse cursor does not appear, so the problem of clicking on the desktop does not occur.

Last edited by EdT (12/12/07 20:12)

#49 12/12/07 19:12

geyser
Website

Gentlemen, I think the shapeshifting issues should be moved elsewhere since they are turning into a hacking tutorial. As for the mouse issue, it's OK.
Final note @ Gumby: no, the old forum has a quite convenient search engine (unlike this one), and no, there's no way to handle multi-spawned chars.
(right now, most character modifiers use the name as a handle, so if there's a name conflict between 2 characters, you'll obviously run into problems)
"shapeshifter" has no HP bug. It's a matter of choice: base health is set at spawn-time, and modifying it afterwards would mean to rescale everything.
chr_set_class has the same effect as shapeshifter, meaning that the HP meter will be retained from the original ONCC the character was spawned with.

@ Ed (and Mac folks in general): did you ignore the two tentative fixes for the mouse issue?
One was not to use the mouse buttons and bind those actions to keyboard keys instead.
The other was to use -noswitch while running Oni at your screen's native resolution...

#50 12/12/07 20:12

EdT
Website

did you ignore the two tentative fixes for the mouse issue?

Nope, just haven't tried it yet :-)

Board footer