Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 06/30/11 18:06

Samer
Website

Re: Creating new animations (TRAMS) for Oni.

paradox thanks for ur help .. but i need a little clarification :$
sorry i've never used onispli commands always use demos's gui ..

so what should i write exactly ? is the output input the folders  or should i type the word input ??

let's say this is the animation D:\Games\Oni Projects\MutJester\Animations\JESTCOMpunch_heavy.dae

how would the exact command be ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#52 06/30/11 20:06

EdT
Website

Samer: It may be easier to move the dae to the install folder.

Then the command would look like this:
onisplit -create:tram output JESTCOMpunch_heavy.dae

The .oni file will be created at install/output/JESTCOMpunch_heavy.oni

#53 06/30/11 21:06

Samer
Website

sad i did that ... it created a folder called output but it's empty and it said :

.dae files cannot be imported as TRAM sad .. doesn't even say why :@

using 0.941 supposedly .. (i removed onisplit 0.952 and put onisplit 0.941 and ran the command thru demos's gui manual command field)

EDIT : ok i gave up on that, I cut the move to 107 frames not exactly what i wanted it to look but still ok .. a bit fast though but better than nothing :\

I hope those bugs get fixed in a future Onisplit release, since we can finally make animations it would be a shame that the only obstacle is the conversion step.

Last edited by Samer (06/30/11 23:06)

#54 07/01/11 06:07

paradox-01

Here's a little summary about how to use the old command with windows address bar / batch file.

".dae files cannot be imported as TRAM sad .. doesn't even say why :@"
Yep, these methods don't show debugger information but I guess just your path were wrong. The wiki page features a download to a few batch files that minimize risks. If you follow the instructions there you should get your uncut EKeyed-animation.

#55 07/01/11 09:07

EdT
Website

Samer: I hear from Neo, that hopefully next week, there will be a new OniSplit that will create TRAMS with more than 107 frames and will also calculate the attack extents.

paradox, thanks for the info, I was looking for it and couldn't find it.

#56 07/01/11 13:07

Delano762
Website

So, could you guys help me with my problem at post #46? You simply ignored me lol and I'm stuck

Last edited by Delano762 (07/01/11 13:07)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#57 07/01/11 14:07

paradox-01

Delano, I suggest we do a simple test: you try to load dae files from us and we try to load dae files from you.
That way we can find out whether you somehow produce corrupted files or suffer a malfunctioning import of xsi.
Files for you to test: [1], [2]

#58 07/01/11 14:07

Delano762
Website

It turns out that I'm producing corrupted files, the stuff you sent works correctly. So here's exactly what am I doing: I use OniSplit GUI (version included in AE) to extract ONCCmuro_generic.oni from Edition/GameDataFolder/level0_Final along with animation MURCOMcomb_p (which was modified some time ago, added some particles) as .dae, exactly like on picture in post #11. Then I try to import the .dae file to XSI using File/Crosswalk/Import with all import options checked. And then I get error called Unspecified Failure.

#59 07/01/11 19:07

Samer
Website

the onisplit that comes with the AE version doesn't export dae properly as i recall download latest onsiplit or demos's onsipli gui version from the depot

#60 07/02/11 06:07

paradox-01

To rule out more variables do what Samer said, redownload the GUI.
Then repeat the extraction. If Muro's punch is still screwed up please try to extract some other characters and their moves.

#61 07/03/11 15:07

Delano762
Website

Spah sappin' mah GUI!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/bloodyspy.png/
The first time I tried to launch the newest OniSplit I got some error and got Oni Split running in german language. After that now I get this.

#62 07/04/11 04:07

paradox-01

Over here the GUI was sometimes messed up too. I think the solution was to delete a key in the registry.
Try following:
- Click on your windows / start icon. There's a search box. Type "regedit" and hit enter.
- Use search function of regedit.
- Search for "Demos_Kratos" and delete it when you found it.

When the GUI is running you can change the language by clicking on its head where also the name is written. (Sprache = Language)
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn20 … ptions.png

#63 07/04/11 05:07

Delano762
Website

<outdated>This is getting better and better. Deleting registry key makes the problem start all over again, and somehow I just can't change the language. sad Maybe editing key "language" will do something?</outdated>

Forget it, I've figured it out big_smile

EDIT 2: I don't bloody believe it. New OniSplit doesn't do the trick. Same error in XSI.

Last edited by Delano762 (07/04/11 05:07)

#64 07/04/11 06:07

paradox-01

Do you also have tried other characters? By the way your source ONCC file should be from Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.

#65 07/04/11 18:07

Mukade

I'm having trouble with the reloading animation.

When I go into Oni, and do chr_debug_characters, and reload a gun, it just gives me KONPISidle as an animation.
In the TRAMs, I found TRAMCOMPISreload_autopis_o, but when I export that with a character, he's jsut all folded up, like it doesn't count as an animation. Any tips?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#66 07/05/11 03:07

paradox-01

TRAMCOMPISreload_autopis_o is an overlay animation. You could say it's updating already playing animations in realtime but it's not used as stand alone and hence don't appear in the chr_debug_characters output. Edit: Then again, at least the aiming animations appear in the "***character status***" box but not the draw, holster and reload anims.

According to the wiki it's not yet possible to export overlay animations.

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/05/11 04:07)

#67 07/05/11 09:07

Mukade

Hmmm, well thanks smile

What I might try, is instead of exporting said animation. I'll just work off of PISidle, make an animation, then try and duplicate the XML and see if that gets me anywhere.

EDIT: Okay, I assume you're right about not being able to export, but I succeeded in importing one into Oni. Trouble is, it seems that the reload is limited to a certain number of frames: the length of the original animation. Where would I find, if it can be found, the number of frames a reload animation is allowed to be? I've already looked in the ONWC, but nothing there, except a link to the reload animation type, to link it to the correct animation.

Last edited by Mukade (07/05/11 14:07)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#68 07/08/11 15:07

EdT
Website

Here is the latest version of OniSplit v.55: http://mods.oni2.net/node/38

It will compress the animation frames so we can use more than 107 frames in the TRAMs.  Also it will compute the attack extents from the .dae.

I have not tested the TRAM part yet, so any issues or comments please post.

[Replaced direct link to OniSplit version on Depot, which was deleted, with link to node. -I]

Last edited by Iritscen (12/30/12 20:12)

#69 07/08/11 16:07

Mukade

Will do when I get back on Sunday perhaps. Anyways, it's not the animation length that's the issue. I think reload animation is fixed to the length of the original reload animation (50 frames or so) so only part of the animation I made plays. I don't know where, or if it's possible to, extend that.

#70 07/08/11 16:07

Samer
Website

the animation length is the problem for us ... when we try to make animations longer than 107 frames.
edt's post wasn't meant to address ur overlay issue mukade tongue

i'll be testing it for jester's bouncing ball, see if i can slow it down and will get back to u EdT ^_^

@ mukade btw personally i don't think the reload animation should be longer :$ that change might not be worth the effort u'll put into it.

#71 07/09/11 08:07

Samer
Website

Ok tested it smile on a 140 frames animation works fine ^_^ ! and it seemed to have calculated the extents pretty well too ! the AI now dodge the attack (sometimes) at the right moments big_smile

so we got to add now that one must delete the Extents from the attack part and the horizontal extents .. in the xml cz onisplit will calculate them on its own caused an error when i didn't

pretty cool ^_^ thanks to neo

Last edited by Samer (07/09/11 08:07)

#72 07/09/11 09:07

Delano762
Website

Hmmm, let's say, I'm trying to make MURCOMcrouch_fw an attack move, but how can I use this to make extents?

#73 07/09/11 15:07

Samer
Website

mm not directly u can't. u can just copy the extents from another move, ninja's running kick seems suitable. or ... a long way : extract muro's fw crouch to dae example murocrouchfw.dae ... and then follow the same steps as if u are making a new move -> xml with dae import put the murocrouchfw.dae in dae import field, deleting the extents in the xml .. convert xml to oni.

EdT some problems began to arise with this onisplit.

it seems unable to convert ONCC xml files , i tried to convert some old ONCC xml files i had, hayate, casey; It failed saying something about the jump field. i then used it to convert ONCC.oni to xml .. the xml given had different fields than the old oncc.xml   example : <air constants>  &  <jump constants> instead of the <physics> .. it had a different layout in general,  the problem is however it's unable to convert the same xml it generated back to oni. :\

convert ONCCmotoko.oni to xml, try to convert that same xml back to oni, it fails this time says can't read field Particles

it is also unable to convert a TRAM.oni made from a dae form older versions (containing QKeys) back to xml.

Last edited by Samer (07/09/11 19:07)

#74 07/09/11 16:07

EdT
Website

Samer: Please post the problems here for Neo to read: http://wiki.oni2.net/User_talk:Neo

For the time being you may need to use the older OS for other things and the new one just for the TRAMs.

#75 07/11/11 12:07

Mukade

Herm, fixed my problem with the reload animation. I was only importing half the animation. I thought the Start and End Tags contained the frames of the animation in XSI (Which is only half that of the animation once it's exported)

So my animation was 45 frames in XSI, and that's how much I was importing. I just imported all 90 frames and it works fine. Just need to modify the sound effect, and maybe tinker with the animation a bit before releasing it :-/

Board footer