Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 07/07/11 20:07

Mukade

Re: Maybe something new?

Yeah, but as Iritscen said, not very practical, you'd have to replicate this trigger volume for every gap and jump. Possible, and maybe if there's a script that requires it, it could be done, but not without just cause.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#27 07/07/11 21:07

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

in the rooftops level ... the red ninja jumps after u when u jump for the sniper,

i think it's probably something in the Comabt ID, that can be copied from ninja's combat id to other characters.

I already said what causes it smile  It's a specific combination of a TV, a point on the map that the AI runs to, and a jumping film that plays after.  Basically, it's "fake" AI that Bungie decided for some reason was worth the effort to set up, maybe as an experiment.  If it was the combat ID, and AI2 was capable of this all the time, we would have known that several years ago.

the 2 ninjas at end of save point 1 (one would be carrying a vdg) can also jump after u if u jump back to the ledge, the tanker and striker don't though.

That's different -- you have to be close enough that the ninja sees you in its melee range in order for it to maneuver off its ledge, down to your rooftop.  As you know, melee movement does not require pathfinding, and in fact the AI will do stupid things because of that fact, like dodging themselves off a roof when evading an attack.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 07/09/11 09:07

Ekzorcist

hm. i know it's stupid, but is it possible to copy some scripts or moves or something like that from "Konoko Payne", then convert and edit it, so it could work in Oni? smile cuz Konoko Payne looks much like oni...

#29 07/09/11 09:07

Dirk Gently
Website

Different engine, different capabilities.

#30 07/16/11 13:07

Yoriko

Konoko Payne is different from Oni, Pierre (the guy working on it) took apart the Oni engine and rebuild it from scratch if I'm not misstaken.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#31 07/16/11 14:07

Dirk Gently
Website

doubtful. he may have translated content over to a new engine, but we cannot translated unsupported content onto an older engine.

Last edited by Dirk Gently (07/16/11 14:07)

#32 07/17/11 13:07

Gumby

Actually, any new animations he creates might be compatible. I'm not sure the format he uses though.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#33 07/17/11 13:07

Mukade

Well, if we could get the animations into XSI, it shouldn't be any more difficult to get them back into Oni...

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#34 07/17/11 15:07

Gumby

Exactly.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer