Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 07/04/11 12:07

Mukade

Re: AI with firearms.

Yeah, I've always wanted to be able to throw enemies over railings. If you were able to change the character's location as well as visual location, this might be possible then? It's annoyting throwing an AI at a railing, looks like they would go over, but then they just fall...

Oh, and AI with holestered weapons would be awesome, make it more interesting, you'd have to sneak up on them to take their gun

Last edited by Mukade (07/04/11 12:07)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#27 07/04/11 15:07

EdT
Website

Gumby at one time had a hack that allowed you to throw AI's over railings, but instead of cleanly going over, they would go higher or pop up as they passed over the railing.  This is how the Oni engine works.

#28 07/04/11 18:07

Mukade

Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense.... I'd imagine there's prolly some sneaky workaround, but I don't really have any idea what that might be smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#29 07/04/11 19:07

Yoriko

What about that wall collision mod that deals damage to players whenever they are knocked back into a wall?
What were the problems with that? I didnt see any in the youtube video showcasing it.

Last edited by Yoriko (07/04/11 19:07)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#30 07/04/11 21:07

Mukade

I don't recall that mod...

Also, it occurs to me that when you're jumping, your hitbox doesn't gain extra height when you go over an object.... wouldn't the same principle apply to a throw?

#31 07/04/11 23:07

EdT
Website

Mukade: The Oni engine handles jumps differently from throws. 

The throw's height, distance and direction are determined by the TRAM. The bottom of the collision sphere remains on the ground, so when the collision sphere contacts the railing or crate, it prevents the character from going over.

Jumps are considered flying by Oni and are affected by physics. The bottom of the collision sphere is attached to the feet. By changing the gravity and velocity factor in the ONCC you can control how high the character can jump.  By changing those values, we have the kangaroo jump and jet pack mode.

To see what I mean use the command chr_debug_sphere=1 and compare a throw, running kick and jumps.

#32 07/04/11 23:07

Mukade

Ah, IC

Board footer