Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/16/11 09:06

pokemon354

HELP!!! i cant install oni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help i cant install oni sucessfully..!! can u help me with this every time the installation went halfway it suddenly stops responding and then later says installation setup fails. i really want to play oni i tried out all the modified textures and scripts    pls help me.. (ps..i m using a disc for installation)

Last edited by pokemon354 (06/16/11 09:06)

#2 06/16/11 10:06

TOCS

Re: HELP!!! i cant install oni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you aren't even able to install the game, how come you've tried out all the "modified textures and scripts"? Did I miss something? Furthermore you've to be more specific about your problem, like what OS are you running, do you get an error etc.

#3 06/17/11 03:06

pokemon354

i was able to install it in the past in this computer vista ,but then i reformatted my computer and tried to install oni again but it didnt work i guess my disk is dusty or something cuz it drop out of my disc cover into my drawer for quite a long time (half a year) and when i seen the disc the damage isnt too bad just very dusty..i tried cleanig it with warm water on a tissue paper to clear the dust but still didnt  work and theres still a smuge there that i cant remove  and a few light scrathes too.. and there isnt a lot of disk repairs shop in singapore n oni disk is really old...

(i havent tried out all thie script i tried a few in the past i said i wanted to tried out all the scripts now but i cant cuz i cant install)

Last edited by pokemon354 (06/17/11 03:06)

#4 06/17/11 05:06

TOCS

If you're not able to remove that smudge, it might just be that causing your problem. I'm not really good at household stuff, so I can only suggest you to look at Amazon or eBay for a new disk. tongue

#5 06/17/11 07:06

Iritscen

Dust is not a problem -- if you put a dusty disc into your drive, the dust will blow/burn off (and some of it may end up in your computer, but I don't consider that a big deal).  Smudges are not necessarily an issue either.  Usually it's the damage you *don't* see that causes data corruption; tiny scratches or micro-tears in the aluminum foil layer, and neither scratches nor tears can be repaired.  As TOCS mentioned, you should be able to find a new secondhand disc for just a few dollars.

However, you still haven't told us what is going wrong.  What kind of error are you getting when you try to install?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 06/17/11 07:06

TOCS

I think when he mentioned smudges that can't be cleaned, it's like when something gets in behind the thin layer of plastic, causing a rainbow like effect. I know this sounds retarded, but I've tried it with a few of my CDs/DVDs, and I've no clue how it came, or how to fix it. The part with the smudge becomes unreadable, which I believe is the reason why he can't fully install the game.

Board footer