Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 06/14/11 13:06

Gumby

Re: Duke Nukem Forever

From what I can tell, it can't decide if it wants to be "oldschool" or "newschool".

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#27 06/14/11 13:06

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

It's stuck in the old school but tries to wear new school shoes. And it's tripping.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#28 06/14/11 14:06

Lithium

It's like a 40 year old trying to be hip with the new crowd

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#29 06/14/11 17:06

Yoriko

Some of his one liners are unforgettable though.

I quite enjoyed Dukem Nukem manhattan project, that's the only Dukem Nukem I've played though.

Jump kicking overgrown insects and animals can be quite entertaining.

Last edited by Yoriko (06/14/11 17:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#30 06/17/11 08:06

SektorZ
Website

Harry, you're being too hard on the game, we all know it would be considered a fail, and can't be really up to everyone's expectations, but after 69 different attempts from 69 different game developers for so many years, starting all over like 5 times, ... it still came out well. I doubt it's easy to create something that was planned in a totally different way 10 years ago. I also hated alot of the details, like the character movement, some of the cheesy lines, and the ripped off stuff from other games, but overall am satisfied that this game finally came out. All Duke fans will love it, for good old time's sake, if not for anything else.
I can't think of anything they should have changed or added to make the game a better new "episode" of Duke Nukem. It's fine. It's not great, but it's still a blast from the past well done, and, it's SOMETHING. After all those years, at least it's something.

If someone creates Oni 2 some day, do you think we will love it because it's "a whole new and creative kick to the game industry" or because "oh my god it's finally Oni 2!!!"

Last edited by SektorZ (06/17/11 08:06)

#31 06/17/11 08:06

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

69 developers? It was 3D Realms up until 2009, when they had to fire everyone and stop work on it.

Had this game come out in 2001, it may have been "okay." But we got it in 2011 and it's terrible.

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#32 06/18/11 12:06

SektorZ
Website

Maybe on the new set standard for all new games to be similar and disappointing, I just don't quite feel it. At least this game has alot of history.

Board footer